• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catsandlabneh

• mellenthin

• FlyPirate

• RT Air

1 hour ago, Sia said:

i literally cannot physically wait for this **** to drop :jonny5:

Interesting nobody talked about Mycelia, I guess it is really a Medulla like interlude and it is the vocal loop that plays on her website

Also very few references to Her Mother's House, the lyrics make me cry, I will also be in my mother's house at the time the album will drop for a wedding and I know i'm gonna hug her so much after listening to it :ahh:

If that person is not lying to us and those teasers are actually real.... This might just become one of my top 4 album by her :WAP: It sounds like it's one hell of a ride and I can't wait :WAP:

Speaking of the Omar Suleiman remix... That was one of my very first Bjork songs :rip: It was huge in my country and clubs (especially gay ones) would play it all the time. They still do play it at parties now :bam: It's honestly very well done ngl, I bop to it from time to time. 

29 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

Speaking of the Omar Suleiman remix... That was one of my very first Bjork songs :rip: It was huge in my country and clubs (especially gay ones) would play it all the time. They still do play it at parties now :bam: It's honestly very well done ngl, I bop to it from time to time. 

Sorry i’m curtious what country is that :rip: 

54 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

Sorry i’m curtious what country is that :rip: 

Lebanon :toofunny2:

Someone with a Popjustice account ask that user what the song on the bjork.com website is please :bam:

@Sia

15 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

Lebanon :toofunny2:

The björk remix? That’s incredibly random and funny LMAO

Honestly, I still use the Suleiman remix in the gym. It goes off a bit.

My first era was Biophilia. I remember reading a review where it said it was inspired by nature and then when I pressed play I was hit with a song that's basically only harp. Crystalline I adored, but I wasn't ready for the rest yet, I almost solely listened to (basic) pop back then. But that voice ... It stuck with me. 

And then when I was at my lowest I somehow landed on All Is Full Of Love on YouTube ... and the rest is history. It really felt like a message slung across space from B, and I became a full fagurt just in time before Vulnicura. The way I wept when the first strings in Stonemilker sounded through my headphones.

The woman truly saved my life in some way, and (together with Tori Amos) really showed me what music can do. 

OT: Ovule is a masterpiece. I think this will shape up to be one of her best albums.

30 minutes ago, hétérosexuelle said:

The björk remix? That’s incredibly random and funny LMAO

It actually makes some sense because Omar is Syrian and we share some folk music genres with Syria, so that + an artist that artsy gays love is a great combo :spin:

6 hours ago, FlyPirate said:

also how many days in advance did Utopia l-word?

Six days! According to my chats with a fellow pörkster, it did so on saturday 18 november

I’m most excited about the title track now, I love it when she goes berserk :jonny5:

Also, not to nitpick the person who generously gave us information, but this line:

”No we do not get old Björk back”

For some reason it rubs me the wrong way just a little. Where did the “old Björk” go? Vulnicura happened in 2015 and it was as Björk as Miss Björk ever Björked! Literally a sonic sister to Homo and Vespertine. Even Ovule is giving The Anchor Song. Her continued sonic growth and experimentation has never seemed to me to come at the expense of a consistent identity throughout her body of work. And if they just mean quality and they’re daring to shade Vulnicura… electric wound :bam:

29 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

Also, not to nitpick the person who generously gave us information, but this line:

”No we do not get old Björk back”

For some reason it rubs me the wrong way just a little. Where did the “old Björk” go? Vulnicura happened in 2015 and it was as Björk as Miss Björk ever Björked! Literally a sonic sister to Homo and Vespertine. Even Ovule is giving The Anchor Song. Her continued sonic growth and experimentation has never seemed to me to come at the expense of a consistent identity throughout her body of work. And if they just mean quality and they’re daring to shade Vulnicura… electric wound :bam:

Well I do recall one of their longer posts implying that Vulnicura (along with Utopia) was "predictable" so electric vulva indeed :supaspaz:

22 hours ago, BOAZ said:

I know we're not dragging daddy Souleiman here. Those remixes were some of the best stuff that came out of Biophilia era

tZidrDy.thumb.gif.acaee2148702e073bacc8f

THIS! The Omar remix of Crystalline and Hudson Mohawke remix of Virus are the only Biophilia tracks I play these days. Just incredible reworks.

Not the Fossora website made on Squarespace?? She probably used the Adam Ragusea 10% sponsored code

https://www.fossora.com/