• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• catsandlabneh

• mellenthin

• FlyPirate

• RT Air

23 hours ago, RT Air said:

ikr? time to learn that to insist on absolute justice at all times it BLOCKS connection

z0mZhaf.gif

To only name the albums’ flaws are excuses to NOT connect

Ovule finally clicked and WOW what a song :jonny2: she can really do no wrong huh 

I wonder what her vocals will be like for the rest of the album. While her higher register is understandably not what it was twenty years ago, her live performances just this year show that she still has great force and color to her voice, and Ovule seems to be intentionally restrained to help build the song's intended sound.

Love both singles but I hope Atopos isn‘t the only song with that type of soundscape on the album…I need more fungal techno with dissonant clarinets in my life  :giraffe: 

So I love Ovule (ships ahoy!) but omg….the audio mix of the video is HORRIBLE. Like why……:skull: The vid is top tier and I want it to show it to people but the mix is so bad it’s distracting :skull::skull::skull: 

This is my first Björk era. I have no idea how I'm supposed to digest almost a dozen new tracks from her at the same time. HELP :jonny5: 

Imagine being there for the release of Homogenic and getting 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 punched on the first listen in NINETEEN NINETY SEVEN:jonny5: 

10 minutes ago, mellenthin said:

This is my first Björk era. I have no idea how I'm supposed to digest almost a dozen new tracks from her at the same time. HELP :jonny5: 

Imagine being there for the release of Homogenic and getting 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 punched on the first listen in NINETEEN NINETY SEVEN:jonny5: 

Vulnicura was my first era and yeah it was overwhelming as f*ck :deadbanana: 

27 minutes ago, catsandlabneh said:

Same :deadbanana: I got into her at the end of 2014 and pressing play on Stonemilker, and then Lionsong, Black Lake and Family for the first time... I was overwhelmed

2 hours ago, mellenthin said:

There are so many moments in her career that I wish I could go back in time and revisit. Imagine being there when she released the Pagan Poetry video. :jonny5:

2 hours ago, catsandlabneh said:

same! History of Touches was the first song i heard and then the rest of the album took me tf out. although my very very first Björk encounter was actually Declare Independence... :eli: now that was something

Now if we’re reminiscing, my very first Björk moment was the Wanderlust video on MTV. I was so confused yet intirgued as I sat in front of that 7-min MV, having absolutely no idea what I was watching :chick3: The rest is history

5 minutes ago, shookspeare said:

Been a Bjärb since Biophilia, maybe that's why I love it like others don't :jonny3:

Honestly, I feel like this might be the case for most people. I can see myself liking Utopia a lot more had that been my first Björk era. :jonny6: 

“Victimhood”, perhaps the best song here, has the queasy, ominous atmosphere of a fantasy score: clarinets flood in from the edge of the frame like fog in a barren forest; a muffled, minimal metronome track – barely a beat as much as a discomfiting, ever-present joint crack – keeps uneasy time. In a discordant, incantatory tone, Björk sings about emotional suffering: “Rejection left a void that is never satisfied / Sunk into victimhood / Felt the world owed me love.”

:WAP:

2 hours ago, hétérosexuelle said:

I really hope we get more ATOPOS-esque bops with the album :jonny3:

So addictive! 

Someone said that the title track has "an absolute hurricane breaking loose that should go on at least another two minutes" and that it's "the most out there song" so I'm holding out hope for a hard-hitter :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, Invisibility said:

Someone said that the title track has "an absolute hurricane breaking loose that should go on at least another two minutes" and that it's "the most out there song" so I'm holding out hope for a hard-hitter :jonnycat:

Who said that? Where? :WAP::WAP:

I think Biophilia was my first Björk era as an active music follower (already a fan), and I don't care one bit about it :heart: Virus is a career highlight though

Edited by Jeremiah

I became a full on stan a bit after Volta release. The wait for Biophilia was excruciating but I remember the wonder and joy around the first Biophilia live show, the album delay and waiting months for album versions that couldn't hold a stick compared to the live versions :ahh: (except Sacrifice which has always been a mess live)

The heart attack I got when Vulnicura got l**ked and the gasp I left out when I saw the album cover on iTunes :jonny5:

Utopia I remember staying up to listen to it and writing down my thoughts. I hated it at first listen and still do lol. But it was also a horrible time in my personal life so it may had to be related to it. I hope Fossora won't let me down but I already love Atopos more than the whole of Uflopia combined (except the perfect Future Forever)

also this is a good time to remember King Serpentwithfeet SAVED the dull Blissing Me and served us Björk's poppiest moment of the 2010s with his flawless remix :boat: