Golden Hit: Season 2 📀 Congratulations Hug! 🏆

Aurora

11 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

@fountain I submitted, right? I swear I did it yesterday, but now I'm doubting. :deadbanana4:

you did thank you :heart: … that is, unless we have a doppelgänger in our midst and somebody has submitted a song called “God-given” under your name! :lakitu:

spacer.png

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fountain

• Aurora

• Legend E

• Hug

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, fountain said:

you did thank you :heart: … that is, unless we have a doppelgänger in our midst and somebody has submitted a song called “God-given” under your name! :lakitu:

spacer.png

Oh no, that's me. :dies: Thanks.

not me getting things together like i had no time left just to have a couple more hours :deadbanana4:

but i think i did a good job 

• ATRL Moderator
51 minutes ago, Euterpe said:

@fountain I submitted, right? I swear I did it yesterday, but now I'm doubting. :deadbanana4:

Actually I have the same question x

did mine go through? @fountain

Trying to force myself to write something but it’s not really happening. 

On 9/4/2022 at 8:00 AM, Aurora said:

Emblem-Banner-S2.png

Welcome, writers! This past week you've all been busily crafting demos for ex-members of the global girl group BLɅϽKGO⅃D.

Your efforts are being carefully scrutinised by label heads and the girls' mentors (us judges), and maybe the girls if they're lucky.

However, the show must go on! Aria Thurney, Diana Diamond, Audrey Onyx, and Yin Yin aren't your sole focus, so let's move along.

Without further ado, let me introduce you all to the third round of Season 2...

Ribbon-Challenge-S2-R3.png

Another Golden Hit original challenge! It's now September, which means for most hitmakers it's the beginning of the Fall/Autumn season (or Spring for us in the southern hemisphere). One of the most well-known and appreciated characteristics of these seasons is the noticeably beautiful changes deciduous trees undergo when transitioning between Summer and Winter, so we've decided to appreciate them before they're gone for a few months. :celestial3:

In short, this challenge will focus on songs inspired by trees, and the important characteristics associated with them. Take deciduous trees for example, perhaps you may choose to write a song inspired by their impermanence. Despite its name (which sounded better on paper than "Tree challenge"), this challenge is open to other sources of inspiration derived from trees, such as an evergreen tree's eternal promise, or the use of a tree as a central element in a narrative-driven storytelling style song. Ensure you are using your tree(s) of choice as the source of inspiration for your song, rather than slotting it into a verse as an afterthought. As always, you can be as literal or metaphorical as you desire.

Judge's Tips

? Where to start? Here is a list of 101 Different Types of Trees. Something here may pique your interest, so you're not barking up the wrong tree. :eli:
? While name-dropping your tree of choice in the title or lyrics of your song is fine, try making us connect to its characteristics, rather than reading it!
? There are plenty of hit songs inspired by trees, however we're not looking for 15 rewrites of Taylor Swift's "willow"! Originality is important.

Songs due via Google Form submission by Thu. Sep 8, 11:59PM EST

fountain and I were personally very excited about this challenge, so we hope it has the same impact on you all. Nature can be very inspiring! The top three submissions will earn their writers a Hit Token, so make sure to submit for your chance at one of those. If you have not yet signed up for Golden Hit: Season 2, that's fine! Just submit an entry and we'll add you to the sign-ups list.

Emblem-Crest-S2.png

Challenge repost for anyone who might be working on those last minute submissions! We have just over four hours and we hope to see your songs ? flourish ? this round!

Apologies for perhaps seeming a little checked out this week—it was a huuuuuge week for me at work doing 12+ hour days and I'm so glad I can finally unwind and read your magnificent submissions. :heart:

Remember your scores are averaged across all of the rounds, so submitting something is always better than submitting nothing and being scored a "0" for that respective round! I loo̴k̸ ̵f̶o̵r̷w̵a̴r̸d̴ t̸̟́ö̷̻́ ̷̝͊ṣ̷̋é̷̬ë̸̩́ï̵̲n̴͈̅g̴̗̍ ̷̠̽w̵͇̒h̸̻͂a̸̺͕͐͝t̶̩͐͘ ̵̦͂̌ͅy̴̧̌̈́o̵̭̻̐͘u̴̮̅ ̵̙̈h̸̪̟͛̿a̷̢̿͜v̸͈̭̆ȇ̶̩̤̚ t̷̡́ơ̵̲̒͛ ̷̣͎̉ő̴̗f̶̢̞͕͆̌͝f̵̹̞̦̀̾̕ȩ̷̟̈́͂͝r̷̰͇͂̚͠ n̶̘̮̹͔̍̈́͗̾è̷̮x̷̨͕̹̅̉̅͆t̵̟͍̽ ç̵̣̼̈̒͘̚͝ḧ̸̬̦̫̣́̔a̸̡̗͚̣̻͂̏ͅl̸̡̺̤̣͍̰͋l̶̖̭̒͂̊̐͌̕ḛ̸̘̪̹̉ń̷̡̼̩͇̯͘̚ͅġ̵̪̮̳̎̿e̵̡͕̥̓̾͌̾̋̎.̷̡̨͈̲̰̞͙̪͚̖͈͕͇͓̖̪̝̰̺̗̮̭͎̲͈͇̻̮̲̮̝̝̩̣̪͕̝̝́͌͂̅͛̀̈́̈́͐͗̓͛͆̉̽͗̈́͌͒̑͂͑̃͗̂̒̃͊͆̽̍̚̕̚͜͝͠͠ͅ.̸̧̢̡̧̢̲̬͕̲͚̳̲̯̦̤̖̹̙̺̺̳͈͇̣̼͕͖̗͚̟͍̲͍̻̣̟̤̗̻͓̭̐̽̐͑̉̍̐̄̽͒̊̓̽͘͝ͅ.̷̢̨̨̼͖̫̰͚̭̤̲̞̻̻͓͖͇̜͙̙̲̦̦̯̭̫̟̗̙̘̻̙̳͖͎̹̼̮̹̟̌͑̂͘͜ͅ

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I loo̴k̸ ̵f̶o̵r̷w̵a̴r̸d̴ t̸̟́ö̷̻́ ̷̝͊ṣ̷̋é̷̬ë̸̩́ï̵̲n̴͈̅g̴̗̍ ̷̠̽w̵͇̒h̸̻͂a̸̺͕͐͝t̶̩͐͘ ̵̦͂̌ͅy̴̧̌̈́o̵̭̻̐͘u̴̮̅ ̵̙̈h̸̪̟͛̿a̷̢̿͜v̸͈̭̆ȇ̶̩̤̚ t̷̡́ơ̵̲̒͛ ̷̣͎̉ő̴̗f̶̢̞͕͆̌͝f̵̹̞̦̀̾̕ȩ̷̟̈́͂͝r̷̰͇͂̚͠ n̶̘̮̹͔̍̈́͗̾è̷̮x̷̨͕̹̅̉̅͆t̵̟͍̽ ç̵̣̼̈̒͘̚͝ḧ̸̬̦̫̣́̔a̸̡̗͚̣̻͂̏ͅl̸̡̺̤̣͍̰͋l̶̖̭̒͂̊̐͌̕ḛ̸̘̪̹̉ń̷̡̼̩͇̯͘̚ͅġ̵̪̮̳̎̿e̵̡͕̥̓̾͌̾̋̎.̷̡̨͈̲̰̞͙̪͚̖͈͕͇͓̖̪̝̰̺̗̮̭͎̲͈͇̻̮̲̮̝̝̩̣̪͕̝̝́͌͂̅͛̀̈́̈́͐͗̓͛͆̉̽͗̈́͌͒̑͂͑̃͗̂̒̃͊͆̽̍̚̕̚͜͝͠͠ͅ.̸̧̢̡̧̢̲̬͕̲͚̳̲̯̦̤̖̹̙̺̺̳͈͇̣̼͕͖̗͚̟͍̲͍̻̣̟̤̗̻͓̭̐̽̐͑̉̍̐̄̽͒̊̓̽͘͝ͅ.̷̢̨̨̼͖̫̰͚̭̤̲̞̻̻͓͖͇̜͙̙̲̦̦̯̭̫̟̗̙̘̻̙̳͖͎̹̼̮̹̟̌͑̂͘͜ͅ

What is this about :chick2:

ps. check discord for something equally unstable 

okay submitted, it's pretty much a sequel to Deciduous lol :gayrrycat1:

mine should arrive at my new usual time, an hour or 2 after the deadline :)

28 minutes ago, Remmy said:

mine should arrive at my new usual time, an hour or 2 after the deadline :)

I cannot publicly support this (but whatever, as long as you submit :fan:)

7 minutes ago, TruGemini said:

I literally don't have a line written :deadbanana4:

Do you have an idea in mind at least? :chick3:

28 minutes ago, fountain said:

I cannot publicly support this (but whatever, as long as you submit :fan:)

:hoetenks::celestial3:

21 hours ago, Gavin. said:

Sorry for not submitting last round. Life got a bit hard and still isn’t that great but I have an idea I guess???

A hard challenge and mayyy take it more literal and do it about a tree than the animal one but we shall see lol 

also here’s some of what I was working on for Miss Diana, I was trying to incorporate Icelandic in it somehow 

Reveal hidden contents

V1

Dressin up like a Trojan

ready for battle

Leavin voices hoarse cmon (probably change)

get in the saddle

C:

Want you to hit it hit it hit it from the back

Hit it hit it (rhyme or repeat?)

Want you inside 

My mind

Think about it all the time

Want you to hit it hit it hit it hit it

Hit it hit it hit it from the back

Bridge:

We started out with a roar

Strapped in for the ride

Loving all these Diana rejects popping up. Having a bilingual Icelandic-English smash would've been iconic :jonny5: maybe it'll end up on Ms Diamond's debut along with Hug's reject

1 hour ago, TruGemini said:

I literally don't have a line written :deadbanana4:

Maple tree

maple tree

feed me that sweet syrup baby

Boom golden hit for ya

18 minutes ago, Remmy said:

in the studio writing & inserting these final lines :celestial3:

"inserting" has me clenching :jonnycat:

3 minutes ago, fountain said:

"inserting" has me clenching :jonnycat:

the way I'm penetrating this pencil sharpener right now so I can finalize this song :celestial3:

22 minutes ago, Remmy said:

the way I'm penetrating this pencil sharpener right now so I can finalize this song :celestial3:

Omg deep because pencils are made from trees… ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.