• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glamrock<3

• Blue Rose

• abeille

• Starshine

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Somnambulist said:

I certainly think she made a great record but higher than self titled and lemonade? I......dont know about that. Lemonade literally has a class a professor teaches, it has so much nuance and history and while Renaissance is certainly fun and very well produced, it just doesn't seem as powerful to me, especially in regards to the lyrics and melodies. I know quite a bit about ballroom and all that, and I really appreciate all the details the record makes to reference that history, but its pretty surface level to me. In any case, good for her though, she made a great record.

Lemonade deserved a 10.0 because of its cultural depth. It will receive that in its retrospective review.

Renaissance is much more musically experimental than Lemonade, however.

Well deserved :clap3:

Applause, a round of applause
Applause, a round of applause

10 minutes ago, Sweet Sexy Savage said:

We don’t need ATRL white gay’s acceptance

They’re too hard on Bey

j5BeiUKZ2p9Qc.gif

This album wasn’t even for them anyways. 
808-BEAE4-B33-A-474-E-860-D-92-D93-DDBDA

"Her global reach is a reminder that Beyoncé, the billionaire pop icon, does not and could not exist in a vacuum. Renaissance reinvents Beyoncé again, and she trusts that her fans will be up for the challenge. She is 40 years old, the age society at large tends to start writing women artists (and women in general) off as creatives who still have something to offer, but she refuses to submit to that bullshit, making herself impossible to ignore."

:jonny3:

It’s not only her best album, but it’s one of the best albums period. Well-deserved! 

3 minutes ago, abeille said:

"Her global reach is a reminder that Beyoncé, the billionaire pop icon, does not and could not exist in a vacuum. Renaissance reinvents Beyoncé again, and she trusts that her fans will be up for the challenge. She is 40 years old, the age society at large tends to start writing women artists (and women in general) off as creatives who still have something to offer, but she refuses to submit to that bullshit, making herself impossible to ignore."

I don’t know why but reading this gave me chills :jonnycat: What an absolute legend she is! 

5 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

I certainly think she made a great record but higher than self titled and lemonade? I......dont know about that. Lemonade literally has a class a professor teaches, it has so much nuance and history and while Renaissance is certainly fun and very well produced, it just doesn't seem as powerful to me, especially in regards to the lyrics and melodies. I know quite a bit about ballroom and all that, and I really appreciate all the details the record makes to reference that history, but its pretty surface level to me. In any case, good for her though, she made a great record.

I feel you on this one. First time watching Lemonade premiere I was in tears. But over time I realize Lemonade as a whole project is like 10/10 but the music itself is like 8/10. The middle part drags a bit too much. Sandcastles sounds like an Adele B-side :skull: I guess she has to put it in for the sake of storytelling. It’s the whole story and visual that elevate the project and give it layers of meaning. Meanwhile, every song on Renaissance is top tier with insane production value. I think it’s really on par with ST

13 minutes ago, Somnambulist said:

Lemonade literally has a class a professor teaches

This says more about the state of higher education than it does the quality of Beyoncé's album. :lmao:

I gasped when I saw the score omg, not that she doesn’t deserve it but Pitchfork is usually an overly-strict publication so didn’t think they’d actually give such a high score.

Beyoncé’s season is in full force girls. Be ready for acclaim, success and most of all the bitter bitter taste of tears from the haters. She just continues to win ?

I know people don’t think Renaissance has much depth due to the carefree nature of the album. However I believe the album is a lot more political and nuanced than you think. The visuals will confirm that.

I swear to God if Adele wins AOTY over her again next year, I will be livid!

The SUCCESS, the ACCLAIM, the LONGEVITY.

August is going to be really bad for the OBH, I almost feel sorry for them. SMASH after SMASH after SMASH. She just isn't stopping.

OP9441Z.gif

Edited by Planet Mars

Just now, tmurray7491 said:

I swear to God if Adele wins AOTY over her again next year, I will be livid!

She will. It is what it is. :nicole:

2 minutes ago, sillycilla said:

I know people don’t think Renaissance has much depth due to the carefree nature of the album. However I believe the album is a lot more political and nuanced than you think. The visuals will confirm that.

!!!!

There's political statements hidden all throughout the album. 

14 minutes ago, abeille said:

A bible verse!

808-BEAE4-B33-A-474-E-860-D-92-D93-DDBDAAD.gif

I'm actually shocked, I thought that they weren't going to like this album because it was different from what we've come to expect from her but... they got it right tbh. :clap3:Love to see her just making more interesting and more experimental music later into her career.

For me this one is about on part with self-titled but better than Lemonade.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.