• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glamrock<3

• Blue Rose

• abeille

• Diego_Costa

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Cain said:

It’s not shady at all, they’re saying that she’s in a lineage of legends that came before her and she knows this and plays with it aswell as her continues impact on culture and culture on her

Are they implying that without the past legends, there would be NO Beyoncé? The idea of Beyoncé being incapable of musically existing in an empty space  without any type of symbiotic leverage such as culture or influences, does NOT sound flattering at all. It almost sounds like Beyoncé is too incompetent to be independent. I'm lost. 

Say thank you to America Has a Problem. 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif 

1 minute ago, Beyonce-Minaj said:

Are they implying that without the past legends, there would be NO Beyoncé? The idea of Beyoncé being incapable of musically existing in an empty space  without any type of symbiotic leverage such as culture or influences, does NOT sound flattering at all. It almost sounds like Beyoncé is too incompetent to be independent. I'm lost. 

? Who would exist without those that came before? Beyonce is the first one that will admit she's standing on the shoulders of giants. This entire album is a love letter to music genres and musicians that came before her. I don't understand your point. Of course music doesn't exist in a vacuum.

3 minutes ago, Beyonce-Minaj said:

No artist would exist without their predecessors? :skull: And thinking someone would is highly delusional
Beyoncé is honoring the black community, black queers, black music and all the black female artists that came before her and has done so her ENTIRE career, THAT's what they're saying, it's praise

5 minutes ago, Beyonce-Minaj said:

That’s not how that works but okay. Literally every artist ever is an accumulation of influences. 

Another commercial and critically acclaimed album for Beyoncé the living legend! :clap3:

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

8 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

? Who would exist without those that came before? Beyonce is the first one that will admit she's standing on the shoulders of giants. This entire album is a love letter to music genres and musicians that came before her. I don't understand your point. Of course music doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Pretty much. Every artist, even great and influential artists such as Beyoncé are influenced by other artists that came before them. Yes, she has own musical identity but she has been influenced by those before her. Luckily, she even admits it.

Edited by glamrock<3

DESERVED. :clap3:

Watch the Grammys give AOTY to Adele’s boring album though. We hate to see it. You 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Conde Nast just really want to make sure they can keep getting her for Vogue covers.

In truth it’s her worst album ever, by far, and a borderline-unlistenable slog of overdone, ugly production, no memorable hooks and Instagram caption lyrics that has none of the timelessness and musicality of the influences she’s paying homage to. She samples “Show Me Love” and “I Feel Love” but absolutely nothing here is remotely as enjoyable and rich as those songs. 

6 minutes ago, T.O.A.D.S. said:

Watch the Grammys give AOTY to Adele’s boring album though. We hate to see it. You 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Who knows maybe Adele won't send 30 to general field this time since she's the biggest Hive in the industry

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

The fact she executes her work professionally and has discipline to ensure perfection, results in good music, videos, consistency and a perfect performance.

She deserves the acclaim. 

1 hour ago, Beyonce-Minaj said:

Without past legends there would be no Beyoncé. Did you even listen to the album? It's a collection of samples of older songs girl. Beyoncé is clearly celebrating the history of black music

It's her best album since B'Day, so deserved :clap3:

This is huge. And exactly what I predicted yesterday

52 minutes ago, Protocol said:

Conde Nast just really want to make sure they can keep getting her for Vogue covers.

In truth it’s her worst album ever, by far, and a borderline-unlistenable slog of overdone, ugly production, no memorable hooks and Instagram caption lyrics that has none of the timelessness and musicality of the influences she’s paying homage to. She samples “Show Me Love” and “I Feel Love” but absolutely nothing here is remotely as enjoyable and rich as those songs. 

Let it all out baby

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.