Kelis drags Beyonce; "It's not sampling, it's theft!"

Buddy

On 7/28/2022 at 10:44 PM, suneclipse121 said:

Not surprised. Your already accustomed to screaming.

6E86F095-3486-47B1-B921-7470181F7D81.jpe

Ntm on Xtna :toofunny2:

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Teen Spirit

• brenda-walsh

• est. in 90s

On 7/28/2022 at 11:20 PM, collin said:

Ahh :rip: 

Kelis is bitter wbk :eddie:

On 7/29/2022 at 12:37 AM, brenda-walsh said:

and we can also bring back this one :)

Lady Gaga Meme GIF - Lady Gaga Meme Flop - Discover & Share GIFs

:eddie:

On 7/29/2022 at 3:53 AM, Yanko said:

yeah shes just disguting  

Nicki Minaj stan :deadvision:

On 7/29/2022 at 5:10 AM, OnMyCoolJ said:

Kelis should’ve read her damn contract. 

and the nerve to talk about common decency after what she did to her nanny. Lmao.  

What did she do? :coffee:

On 7/29/2022 at 10:18 AM, Jay07 said:

When something like what happens? Beyoncé sampled a drum loop. She licensed it through all the proper legal channels. What exactly happened that negates Beyonce's claims of being for female empowerment and control of the creative process? How is sampling, a practice literally everyone in the industry does stealing?

Have people gone completely insane in their hatred of Beyonce? And to dress themselves in black female empowerment to do it... unbelievable.

Embarrassing for them :toofunny2:

On 7/29/2022 at 10:57 AM, AlexStexaul said:

once a beyonce always a beyonce.

she is known for taking credits that she didnt wrote or produced. 

poor kelis hope she gets the credit she deserves, also kudos to her for pointing out beyonce talking a lot about female empowering they little to 0 action when it comes to do the right damn thing. 

hope karma do ha thing. 

love u kelis , xoxo

:lmao:

On 7/29/2022 at 12:45 PM, Dreajae said:

Yall are full of it. Kelis is full of **** and yall are only hyping her cause she's malicious and bitter enough to publically hurt and shame the "goddess" Beyonce. She's trash for using Beyonces album as a vehicle for her beef with Pharrell. She has a linear credit on a interpolation that uses Pharrells production only.

She called her a thief and dumb. This would not ne acceptable for any other :main pop girl" on this board. The things yall will do to see Bey maligned and sabotaged. 

:clap3:

This is what happens when people are not given their flowers and are robbed in the industry. Kelis was a trendsetter. She suffered a lot commercially for refusing to enter any box plus her label was really stupid around Tasty when they dropped promo in the US past Milkshake. Homegirl was The Neptunes breakthrough as producers and the pop world ran with Kaleidoscope’s sound for the 2000s. Having said that, she used to be bitter towards Beyonce, but it came from a place of not feeling celebrated in the industry and thinkin she lifted from her. They were peers after all and only one of them is still on people’s radar. I don’t think Bey should’ve contacted her because they have shady history and the sample has been cleared and it’s unrecognizable, but I hope she get her flowers someday for being the trailblazer she was. FOOD was great, but she had a trip hop/house record scrapped around the same time and it would prove once again how ahead of the curve she’s always been.

Given her lomg history of stealing credits, this is sadly not surprising

It's why she's not respected as artist in the industry and by the Grammys 

13 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

This is what happens when people are not given their flowers and are robbed in the industry. Kelis was a trendsetter. She suffered a lot commercially for refusing to enter any box plus her label was really stupid around Tasty when they dropped promo in the US past Milkshake. Homegirl was The Neptunes breakthrough as producers and the pop world ran with Kaleidoscope’s sound for the 2000s. Having said that, she used to be bitter towards Beyonce, but it came from a place of not feeling celebrated in the industry and thinkin she lifted from her. They were peers after all and only one of them is still on people’s radar. I don’t think Bey should’ve contacted her because they have shady history and the sample has been cleared and it’s unrecognizable, but I hope she get her flowers someday for being the trailblazer she was. FOOD was great, but she had a trip hop/house record scrapped around the same time and it would prove once again how ahead of the curve she’s always been.

The way Trick Me would have been a 20+ week number one had it actually been released in the US and solidified Kelis' status as a major pop girl she deserved to be 

1 hour ago, Teen Spirit said:

Ntm on Xtna :toofunny2:

Some buttons were pressed I see. 

34 minutes ago, LanaDelRey said:

The way Trick Me would have been a 20+ week number one had it actually been released in the US and solidified Kelis' status as a major pop girl she deserved to be 

They REALLY dropped the ball right there. A song strong enough with almost 80 millions streams on Spotify without ever being a US single

25 minutes ago, Bad_vocal_technique said:

Some buttons were pressed I see. 

:confused:

46 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Given her lomg history of stealing credits, this is sadly not surprising

It's why she's not respected as artist in the industry and by the Grammys 

:lmao:

2 hours ago, liquiddiamonds said:

but she had a trip hop/house record scrapped around the same time

Wait really?? Would you mind expanding on that? 

which song is she (kelis) tallking about??? beyoncé sampled Get Along With You??? (I didn't hear it...)

35 minutes ago, Taz said:

Wait really?? Would you mind expanding on that? 

I dont mind at all. So, Kelis reinvented herself as an electropop diva for Flesh Tone  and it gave her continued success in the UK and the EU, but it made no noise in the US. She dropped Bounce with Calvin Harris and it was also another hit for her and she got to tour with Robyn and promote her new record. She started to record her scrapped album a little before that in 2011 and it was supposed to be an acid, electro, rave type of album, working with producers from the UK, along with familiar names like Skream and Burns. She even premiered a UK Garage song called Distance on BBC that is on Youtube, not even in her official channel (at least not in my country). She was really in her Neneh Cherry bag on that one, but then it was radio silence and then an unexpected move to gastronomy. According to her wiki there was a conflict with one of the producers, but there’s very little about why she scrapped the album. Suddenly in 2014 she returned with FOOD, which was produced by David Sitek from Tv on the radio and released on his label, but a complete 180 sonically: a warm album tht mixed  70s afrobeat with hints of 60s and 70s Soul Music. It is a great album, but it kinda killed her momentum in the UK and one can only wonder how it would have been had she dropped the electro album instead. 

Edited by liquiddiamonds

23 minutes ago, liquiddiamonds said:

I dont mind at all. So, Kelis reinvented herself as an electropop diva for Flesh Tone  and it gave her continued success in the UK and the EU, but it made no noise in the US. She dropped Bounce with Calvin Harris and it was also another hit for her and she got to tour with Robyn and promote her new record. She started to record her scrapped album a little before that in 2011 and it was supposed to be an acid, electro, rave type of album, working with producers from the UK, along with familiar names like Skream and Burns. She even premiered a UK Garage song called Distance on BBC that is on Youtube, not even in her official channel (at least not in my country). She was really in her Neneh Cherry bag on that one, but then it was radio silence and then an unexpected move to gastronomy. According to her wiki there was a conflict with one of the producers, but there’s very little about why she scrapped the album. Suddenly in 2014 she returned with FOOD, which was produced by David Sitek from Tv on the radio and released on his label, but a complete 180 sonically: a warm album tht mixed  70s afrobeat with hints of 60s and 70s Soul Music. It is a great album, but it kinda killed her momentum in the UK and one can only wonder how it would have been had she dropped the electro album instead. 

Wow wow WOW!! I became familiar with her work (and a fan) during Flesh Tone and was super engaged in her career during that time, but then yeah it was radio silence, and then came Food, which yes is a good album, but I remember feeling it was a kinda weird reinvention after FT. I had absolutely no idea about this scrapped album (what could have been!), not even this Distance song (gonna listen). I gave up expecting new music from her lol, but it was nice to know all that! Thanks a lot!! :hug: 

5 hours ago, Teen Spirit said:

:lmao:Now why would she do that?

I mean there’s video proof. 

All this drama over a DRUM LOOP? :bibliahh:

Can we get serious people? I mean c’mon, like what are we doing here?  :deadbanana4:

I was empathetic with Kelis till I found out this is what all of the hullabaloo is over. This is probably the stupidest industry conflict I’ve ever heard. 

And I hope Beyoncé never calls. Cause wtf she gonna do? Call all of the artists who’s beats her producers sample? Even typing that out sounds ridiculous. :rip: 

40 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

I mean there’s video proof. 

Let's see this "proof" :bibliahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.