• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stankonia

• Teen Spirit

• brenda-walsh

• BnPac

13 hours ago, Otter said:

I get her frustration its not any obvious wrong doing on Beyonce's part and the idea that it was an intentional slight is off. The whole thing was just a trigger for her, drawn from an issue not yet resolved and Pharrel should resolve it. Good on her for being vocal but the shots at Bey were unwarranted and she knows it now.

"CONTAINS AN INTERPOLATION OF “MILKSHAKE” WRITTEN BY PHARRELL WILLIAMS, CHAD HUGO AND PERFORMED BY KELIS."

What more does miss milkshake want? she needs to apologize :coffee2:

People don't even know or care about her sample on the album. The girl is just pressed and better Bey is 100x bigger than her. :bibliahh:

On 7/28/2022 at 6:14 PM, KatyPrismSpirit said:

tbh this is the reason i DO NOT like summer renaissance. I feel like it samples i feel love way too much. Especially since Donna could've never approved.. but kelis is doing too much like.. everybody samples. kanye west samples, pharrell (her main producer) samples tf out of songs... everybody samples. sampling music and making it your own is an artform of music production. its not necesarrily theft per se but the extent to how much bey sampled i feel love was too much imo. its basically a cover.

You can't even HEAR the sample. I'm still searching for the similarities in the song.. I was so confused. At least this is a sample done the right way because you cannot convince me that sounds anything like Milkshake.. at all

2 hours ago, Mani. said:

You can't even HEAR the sample. I'm still searching for the similarities in the song.. I was so confused. At least this is a sample done the right way because you cannot convince me that sounds anything like Milkshake.. at all

Y'all must be deaf because the la la la ad libs at the end of Energy sound exactly like the ones in Milkshake

"b b but it's just a drum loop!!1"

3 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

This thread turned me into an OBH. **** that thief and her disrespectful stans

You'll get over it, besides it's Pharrell's music anyway :heart:

On 7/30/2022 at 3:47 PM, liquiddiamonds said:

I dont mind at all. So, Kelis reinvented herself as an electropop diva for Flesh Tone  and it gave her continued success in the UK and the EU, but it made no noise in the US. She dropped Bounce with Calvin Harris and it was also another hit for her and she got to tour with Robyn and promote her new record. She started to record her scrapped album a little before that in 2011 and it was supposed to be an acid, electro, rave type of album, working with producers from the UK, along with familiar names like Skream and Burns. She even premiered a UK Garage song called Distance on BBC that is on Youtube, not even in her official channel (at least not in my country). She was really in her Neneh Cherry bag on that one, but then it was radio silence and then an unexpected move to gastronomy. According to her wiki there was a conflict with one of the producers, but there’s very little about why she scrapped the album. Suddenly in 2014 she returned with FOOD, which was produced by David Sitek from Tv on the radio and released on his label, but a complete 180 sonically: a warm album tht mixed  70s afrobeat with hints of 60s and 70s Soul Music. It is a great album, but it kinda killed her momentum in the UK and one can only wonder how it would have been had she dropped the electro album instead. 

Wow. I had no idea she had an entire electronic follow-up album to Flesh Tone. FT is one of my favorite electronic albums and I was so disappointed when Food came out. Did Kelis ever say why she completely changed her style away from the electro path she was on? 

1 minute ago, Tripthelight said:

Kelis was literally just bopping to BMS in her stories. Talent recognizes talent. :jamming:

Receipts? I have to see it.

Idc, you cannot detect that sample at all so Kelis is really doing the most. If she's upset with Pharrell about something she can call him out and nobody else. I understand if the situation was triggering before she had heard the song because perhaps she thought it would be a situation where the song is mainly a sample and maybe she even thought her vocals would be in the song or something. This barely recognizable sample in Energy did not require all this passive aggressiveness and now that she's likely heard it, she should honestly retract her shade.

1 minute ago, KingBeyonce. said:

Idc, you cannot detect that sample at all so Kelis is really doing the most. If she's upset with Pharrell about something she can call him out and nobody else. I understand if the situation was triggering before she had heard the song because perhaps she thought it would be a situation where the song is mainly a sample and maybe she even thought her vocals would be in the song or something. This barely recognizable sample in Energy did not require all this passive aggressiveness and now that she's likely heard it, she should honestly retract her shade.

I agree. But I honestly think her listening to BMS and bopping in her stories is the closest we’ll get to a retraction. 

4 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

I don't have insta. :sosad: I'm sure it'll appear on YT or twitter soon. I didn't know it was that recent though. I thought it would have been weeks ago. She played everyone :laugh:

Just now, Planet Mars said:

You'll get over it, besides it's Pharrell's music anyway :heart:

Imaging shading Kelis because a man stole her songwriting credits and her publishing when she was just a teenager. :rip: Beyoncé stans truly are the biggest hypocrites. Ms. Rogers didn't utter a single lie I fear.

Has anyone else ever seen someone dish out shade so perfectly and so fast? She's talking a mile a minute and doesn't miss a beat! I can't stop rewatching her 2 videos because they're so good. :deadbanana2:

For those bashing Kelis, she said that her anger is more about the behind-the-scenes crap than the actual song. And even though Beyonce legally didn't have to contact her, it's still shady. If you knew someone personally even if you're not close, and you're going to use something they were a part of, don't you think some kind of contact would be expected? Especially when you're Beyonce and know how much focus and impact your work has with the public?

3 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Not queen streaming that shitty song :rip:

Not only did she stream the soon to be #1 BB hit - she then proceeded to upload two stories of herself enjoying it. One would think that she’d promote her own music, instead of the music of a woman she claims stole from her. Perhaps all those offended should follow her lead. As I said, talent recognizes talent. :nicole:

26 minutes ago, Stankonia said:

Imaging shading Kelis because a man stole her songwriting credits and her publishing when she was just a teenager. :rip: Beyoncé stans truly are the biggest hypocrites. Ms. Rogers didn't utter a single lie I fear.

The irony of this comment went completely over your head of course. :heart:

Just now, Tripthelight said:

Not only did she stream the soon to be #1 BB hit - she then proceeded to upload two stories of herself enjoying it. One would think that she’d promote her own music, instead of the music of a woman she claims stole from her. Perhaps all those offended should follow her lead. As I said, talent recognizes talent. :nicole:

Simmer down, it was probably just playing in the venue. I'm sure she thought it was some random remix of Show Me Love by a mediocre DJ and didn't even realize it was a Beyoncé song. And making that song didn't require an ounce talent mefears.

Kelis didn't "claim" anything, she simply stated facts. Beyoncé has a long history of thievery that is well documented and she did copy Kelis in the past when she tried - and miserably failed - to recreate Caught Out There with Ring the Alarm. :noparty:

1 minute ago, Planet Mars said:

The irony of this comment went completely over your head of course. :heart:

ok girl

1 hour ago, Tripthelight said:

Kelis was literally just bopping to BMS in her stories. Talent recognizes talent. :jamming:

1 hour ago, Tripthelight said:

Kelis and her sudden anti-Bey minions hiding behind her cause she attacked a woman they hate unprovoked really LOST

tayomaki-sakigifs.gif

and over a 5 second drumbeat no less

tayomaki-sakigifs.gif

It was bad for her and the girls

tayomaki-sakigifs.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.