Bette Midler turns into Jk Rowling, post transphobic tweet

DONTYELLATME

3 minutes ago, Century said:

You would think on a forum where almost everybody is lgbt or a woman, that it would be a safe space for lgbt people and women. I guess not :deadbanana4:

Its time to stop giving these girls the benefit of the doubt:coffee2: some users may be clueless but a good portion of them know how harmful their rhetoric is and will stand by it because they have the privilege to do so and want to remain in a position where they can look down on other communities. Even the “I didn’t know better” or “ignorant” excuse is getting old. You can log onto ATRL everyday but can’t read an article or watch a video about gender, sex and the difference between the two :deadbanana4: 

I do believe there are people who may genuinely be confused but there are also many users who are willfully bigoted, loud and proud.

It’s no coincidence that they’re the same girls who cry about ATRLers being “too soft” when they are the same users that will invade a wholesome kii kii with their bigotry :skull: 

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Communion

• Brando

• Bey Admired

5 minutes ago, Literature said:

History is following the trajectory of a parabola it seems: The Far Right and Far Left Agree on One Thing: Women Don’t Count

Edit: Appears this article has already made some waves in this thread :lakitu:

Just so everyone is aware, you're the same user who defended Jordan Peterson and called him "very smart" for referring to Elliot Page as "mutilated by a criminal butcher doctor like a nazi experiment". :skull:

4 minutes ago, worldwide angel said:

Its time to stop giving these girls the benefit of the doubt:coffee2: some users may be clueless but a good portion of them know how harmful their rhetoric is and will stand by it because they have the privilege to do so and want to remain in a position where they can look down on other communities. Even the “I didn’t know better” or “ignorant” excuse is getting old. You can log onto ATRL everyday but can’t read an article or watch a video about gender, sex and the difference between the two :deadbanana4: 

I do believe there are people who may genuinely be confused but there are also many users who are willfully bigoted, loud and proud.

It’s no coincidence that they’re the same girls who cry about ATRLers being “too soft” when they are the same users that will invade a wholesome kii kii with their bigotry :skull: 

You spilled. It's just so upsetting seeing that behavior in a place like this. :katie:

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

Just so everyone is aware, you're the same user who defended Jordan Peterson and called him "very smart" for referring to Elliot Page as "mutilated by a criminal butcher doctor like a nazi experiment". :skull:

Wait do you have a link? :deadbanana4:

Can women be women anymore? We can’t even talk about a woman without it being transphobic. It’s like they are nothing to us but we can stab their music? Smh. I think trans people are being sexist. 

Ok i came in here expecting something actually transphobic 

2 minutes ago, God_Donna said:

Can women be women anymore? We can’t even talk about a woman without it being transphobic. It’s like they are nothing to us but we can stab their music? Smh. I think trans people are being sexist. 

Trans women are women.

All these think pieces about this tweet. I wonder how some of you work irl :deadbanana:

48 minutes ago, Papa said:

Yes my point is that they experience body/gender dysmorphia because society has taught us that their specific gender can only fit into a box, and the way they feel inside does not fit into that box. We don't solve this by ignoring science, we solve it by getting rid of the imaginary box society has made. 

Not necessarily. We literally have no way of proving that. But we do know that gender is socially informed, and I think trans people are VERY much aware of that. Which is why not all trans people transition, as not all experience gender dysphoria or body dysmorphophobia, and also why not all trans people fit the binary and maybe identify as non-binary or use a mix of pronouns.

The undoing of that box is honestly what trans and non-binary people are doing already lmao. But, we as a society put way too much attention on trans people who pass, because they conform to normative gender expression. But that's neither here nor there.

she is right

yesterday i saw on twitter a trans woman complaining because a famous scientist made a video with woman in the title instead of "people with uterus" 

the video was about Nasa and the reasons they didnt send women to the moon 

like:rip:

All she’s trying to do is say that people are reducing women to reproduction and that’s it :gaycat6:

9 minutes ago, God_Donna said:

Can you give me an example of how cis women are being erased by using medically accurate language? Or how we are being prevented from talking about women? Can you explain how trans people are beinf sexist?

Have you personally hears anyone refer to woman as "menstruator" in a day to day basis?

Yall absolutely need to start thinking before y'all type, because y'all end up looking like right-wingers every time.

The thing I find weird about these New terms is it being other people making the decisions for women, like if your just going to change the term to call women why not let them decide what they prefer to be called? This whole "this is what you are" does feel like erasure and is not very inclusive. 

1 minute ago, dlwlrma said:

she is right

yesterday i saw on twitter a trans woman complaining because a famous scientist made a video with woman in the title instead of "people with uterus" 

Oh wow you saw one person on Twitter have a hot take, the world is truly crumbling before our eyes 

2 hours ago, Papa said:

She is right, so is jk rowling. People stay doing the most trying to deny basic science. There are 2 sexes, male and female. It is in your dna, you can't switch from one to the other. The way society treats trans people is disgusting but that doesn't mean we ignore reality and science. The world would be a much better place if we stopped playing into gender roles that society creates. If someone born male says he has always felt female, what does that even mean? What does it mean to "feel female"? They base it on what society tells us is a female, on the box society says is female. Instead of making that person feel they have to transition by unnatural means, they should be educated and raised in a society where males can be as feminine as they desire without feelings the need to change who they are to fit into a box society deems more acceptable. 

You have obviously never felt as if you were in the wrong body, and I'm so happy for you. 

However, not everyone has that luxury. Gender and biological sex do not always align, and in instances where it does not, that individual is entitled to the freedom to affirm their sex. That does not just mean a transition surgery, that means being treated as a man if they've transitioned into a man and treated as a woman if they transition into a woman. Science is irrelevant. Science only determines the biological sex that a fetus is born as, it does not dictate who that person is, how they identify, nor does it dictate whether or not they live the rest of their lives as that biological sex. 

JK Rowling is not correct, and she never has been. Trans women do not take away the rights of cis gender women. They never have and they never will.

Someone affirming their gender either through surgery or other means makes them that gender, and there's nothing that any transphobe can say to change that. Trans women are women. Trans men are men. End of story. 

2 minutes ago, Century said:

Wait do you have a link? :deadbanana4:

That was their response to Jordan Peterson himself posting a video where he said he would die before deleting a tweet where he misgenders a Elliot Page, says Elliot Page has been "mutilated and butchered" and calls the doctors who performed top surgery on Elliot - who is 35! - as akin to "criminal like the doctors who performed experiments for the nazis". :deadbanana4:

I get time is full of ebbs and flows and this is just the natural backlash to the progress LGBT people have made, but to see how giddy LGB people are to engage with and support their own genocide is pretty wild. :skull:

3 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

she is right

So you’re criticizing ALL trans people and gender neutral language in clinical settings because of one random transwoman on the internet? 

3 minutes ago, God_Donna said:

Sound like a hit thread topic.

tumblr_o3k6q9NEPC1ruvpwjo2_400.gif

But don't make it; you may be banned.

1 minute ago, Century said:

Trans women are women.

tumblr_o3k6q9NEPC1ruvpwjo2_400.gif

Yes, and women can be sexist toward other women—there's even a popular movie about it: "Gone Girl." Thus, trans women can also be sexist toward women. It's not a ludicrous concept. Similar to how Harry Styles was sexist when he said, "Men are trash," which of course was ironic, coming from him.

...Vin

Just now, Mast said:

Oh wow you saw one person on Twitter have a hot take, the world is truly crumbling before our eyes 

2k likes :lakitu: maybe 20k likes next year

who knows:dancehall3:

Atrl is full of men so I would expect them to be totally unsympathetic to women. Its not like you guys are being called "sperminators" or ***** havers en masse. :coffee2:

3 minutes ago, dlwlrma said:

2k likes :lakitu: maybe 20k likes next year

who knows:dancehall3:

Can you link the tweet?

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

That was their response to Jordan Peterson himself posting a video where he said he would die before deleting a tweet where he misgenders a Elliot Page, says Elliot Page has been "mutilated and butchered" and calls the doctors who performed top surgery on Elliot - who is 35! - as akin to "criminal like the doctors who performed experiments for the nazis". :deadbanana4:

I get time is full of ebbs and flows and this is just the natural backlash to the progress LGBT people have made, but to see how giddy LGB people are to engage with and support their own genocide is pretty wild. :skull:

How is this person still allowed on ATRL. I??? :weeps:

6 minutes ago, Morissette said:

Atrl is full of men so I would expect them to be totally unsympathetic to women. Its not like you guys are being called "sperminators" or ***** havers en masse. :coffee2:

So supporting clinically accurate language in clinical settings makes us unsympathetic to women? :rip:

53 minutes ago, Papa said:

If it makes them feel better than ofcourse they should, it doesn't change their sex though, they have just changed to conform to a societies standards. Even going as far as having SRS, which i think is crazy and barbaric, and we should have never let anyone get to a point where they feel that is what they need to do

This user has been given a ZTP warning.  

52 minutes ago, Century said:

I still cannot believe that in 2022 the moderators of this forum are allowing people to refer to transitioning as mutilation. What a ******* joke.

You posted this ONE MINUTE after the above post. We do not live on the forum 24/7.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.