Bette Midler turns into Jk Rowling, post transphobic tweet

DONTYELLATME

I don't see the "transphobic" in that tweet. 

Go out and watch the fireworks.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Communion

• Brando

• Bey Admired

Wonder how (or if) this will affect Hocus Pocus 2

Just now, Buddy said:

Honestly this though :deadbanana:

Like this is literally cause her ass read that horrific op-ed that said trans people are just as bad as the SCOTUS for undoing Roe....except that one Google search showed it debunked that sites like Planned Parenthood and NARAL both still use the word women across their site. It's literally fake news. :deadbanana4:

2 minutes ago, Papa said:

There are 2 sexes, male and female. It is in your dna, you can't switch from one to the other.

you are wrong on this. you may wanna look into the science of it all

you can be born intersex (neither male nor female) 

and it's not just dna that determines your sex

This isnt twitter. Please go over there.

55 minutes ago, Brando said:

there's no need to erase a term for 99.999% of the population just to sound "inclusive" for some singular cases. 

What organizations have stopped using the term "woman"?

2 minutes ago, Brando said:

you are wrong on this. you may wanna look into the science of it all

you can be born intersex (neither male nor female) 

and it's not just dna that determines your sex

Ofcourse there is a tiny case of outliers, just like some people are born with 3 arms instead of 2. I was talking in general. Sex is based on science and biology, you can't change from one to the other. I love our trans brother and sisters, but i can't ignore science because it is what is deemed acceptable. 

ATRL's true colors being revealed. The T in ATRL stands for TERF.

57 minutes ago, Peroxide said:

Trans men and gender non confirming individuals can give birth, menstruate etc and it really does cost nothing to use inclusive language alongside the word woman/women.

It’s got nothing to do with the erasure of womanhood and the female… but acknowledging queer/non cis people as part of the wider conversation is perfectly valid.

So many bigger things to get upset over. Go touch grass.

completely agree 

I did chuckle at "people who can get pregnant" the other day like... what is language.

I wouldn’t call this tweet transphobic. Those terms, albeit more inclusive, are a bit dehumanizing. Also those SJWs are so soft. :rip: She’s an 80 year old woman and there was clearly no malicious intent behind her tweet. They just like to complain to hear themselves talk. 

Those terms are dumb af and this isn't transphobic. 

Imagine calling men "ejaculators" or something equally ridiculous and de-humanising. Womanhood is more than birthing and menstruating. 

Edited by FOCK

1 minute ago, Papa said:

Ofcourse there is a tiny case of outliers, just like some people are born with 3 arms instead of 2. I was talking in general. Sex is based on science and biology, you can't change from one to the other. I love our trans brother and sisters, but i can't ignore science because it is what is deemed acceptable. 

If you want to cling onto science, maybe look into the research done on transgender individuals. There is strong evidence that there are genetic markers that already develop in the womb. 

11 minutes ago, kyliefever2002 said:

once again i never said any of those terms is the perfect one to use but you saying that by using those terms i am saying that this isnt a womens issues is just wrong since women that are affected by this are included in all of those terms and they are the bigger demographic in those terms but it doesnt apply to just them :skull: 

i never tried to erase that this is a womens issue and i never said otherwise, i just said that this is t just a womens issue. i also never said women arent the larger number affected by this issue and i also never said that this isnt an issue and it shouldnt be fought. youre using arguments to stuff i never even said 

saying that cis women are included in terms like "birthing people" is so ridiculous because I can guarantee you that the vast majority of cis women do not identify as "birthing people" and would not like being called that. How come you think that only trans people have the right to identify how they wish but cis women must be forced to identify as something they don't? The sad thing is that this type of rhetoric is so harmful to trans people and is so damaging to the fight for equality. You think you're being progressive but you aren't.

Like I said, of course there are some instances of men needing access to abortion, but we must not lose sight of the fact that abortion rights is absolutely a women's rights issue, and nobody should be trying to erase that.

it's an issue that's SPECIFICALLY impacting ppl based on their anatomy tho...like yes cis women are a majority of those who will be impacted, but there's a growing, large population of people who are impacted by this who aren't cis women, and it literally doesnt cost anything to start using more inclusive language. and for a subject thats based on ppl's anatomy, language that refers to them in that way is likely to be used, be it "afab", or "people who menstruate/can get pregnant". it doesn't erase a cis women's identity as a woman, the same way it doesn't erase a trans man's identity as a trans man, or the identity of gnc people. 

and this goes the other way too!! cis men, trans women, and anyone else who were born with penises, the ability to produce sperm, and/or a prostate aren't stripped of their identities at all when being called that in the appropriate context. 

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Like this is literally cause her ass read that horrific op-ed that said trans people are just as bad as the SCOTUS for undoing Roe....except that one Google search showed it debunked that sites like Planned Parenthood and NARAL both still use the word women across their site. It's literally fake news. :deadbanana4:

Exactly, her boomer is showing. And, like, what is this:

VOD5zTS.png

2 minutes ago, ChapelHooker said:

If you want to cling onto science, maybe look into the research done on transgender individuals. There is strong evidence that there are genetic markers that already develop in the womb. 

genetic markers for what? how "feminine" or "masculine" a baby might be when they grow up? When the baby is born it is either a male or a female. Stop buying into the boxes society gives the sexes, let them both be as feminine and masculine as they can be without traumatizing people into feeling the need to mutilate themselves to fit into a box society finds more accepting. 

8 minutes ago, Communion said:

What organizations have stopped using the term "woman"?

Quite a few actually

According to the ACLU,

Abortion bans disproportionately harm:

■ Black, Indigenous & other people of color

■ the LGBTQ community

■ immigrants

■ young people

■ those working to make ends meet

■ people with disabilities

The word women has been purged from the front page of the NARAL website, while the Lilith Fund helps “people who need abortions in Texas.” Fund Texas Women has been renamed Fund Texas Choice. The National Abortion Federation’s response to the Supreme Court leak noted that it will “keep fighting until every person, no matter where we live, how much money we make, or what we look like, has the freedom to make our own decisions about our lives, our bodies, and futures.”

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/05/abortion-rights-debate-women-gender-neutral-language/629863/ 

People who want others to respect their pronouns and how they identify but have no issue calling cis women birthers or menstruators & other names have room to be outraged

19 minutes ago, Buddy said:

Trans men transition because they want to be perceived as men, which they are. Changing the terms to birthing people and menstruators for the sake of doing them a favor is not the courtesy most think it is given that menstruation is one of the top elicitors of dysphoria in many if not most cases. 

And it shouldn't be confusing as to why women might be offended by being referred to as menstrautors or people with vaginas.

Regardless, this is not even a real debate. It's chaos sewed together by the right.

Definitely agree with the bolded part, but you're also forgetting the fact that there are non-binary people out there who can get pregnant. Referring to pregnant people solely as "women" excludes them. You may think this is inconsequential due to the small number of non-binary people in the world, but it's nonetheless exclusionary.

4 minutes ago, Papa said:

genetic markers for what? how "feminine" or "masculine" a baby might be when they grow up? When the baby is born it is either a male or a female. Stop buying into the boxes society gives the sexes, let them both be as feminine and masculine as they can be without traumatizing people into feeling the need to mutilate themselves to fit into a box society finds more accepting. 

there's more to us than just genes. there's epigenetics and there's hormone levels. you might wanna start by looking up those

or maybe watch this video. they talk about some of it from what i remember 

from that same Atlantic article:

The right has declared a war on women. The left has responded by declaring a war on saying “women.”

Just now, Papa said:

Literally one google search:

Gene variants provide insight into brain, body incongruence in transgender

Causes of gender incongruence

The available research indicates that the brain structure of androphilic trans women with early-onset gender dysphoria is closer to the brain structure of cisgender women's and less like cisgender men's.

People confusing generalised medical language that includes trans men and other non-binary people — and the ongoing fight for better standards of healthcare that should come second nature as solidarity especially now — for thinking there’s a conspiracy to suddenly call your mum or Bette Midler or any other cis person anything other than a woman.

This is not saying abortion access is not a women’s rights issues but that it intersects with other struggles that are fighting for the same outcomes. All people who have their healthcare affected have a say. The attempt to so easily throw trans people under the bus over a culture war of terminology, dismissing the conversation  as an outrageous sideshow in all this is beyond sad and some of you are just out and out bigots.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.