Are Liberty X Underrated?

Keeandga

For a group of people who all didn’t make the “band” then go on to have the career that had. 
They had hits; Just A Little, Thinking It Over, Being Nobody, Holding On For You. 
They had vocals & great harmonies (Kevin such such a great vocalist but isn't regarded as one), they had stage presence and were decent writers. 
Do you think they should be more thought of? Or been given more flowers that they have rn.  
https://music.apple.com/gb/playlist/liberty-x-essentials/pl.624193dd32db48a4b60f39a344d7c988
here a playlist of the hits get familiar. 

Yes.

”Just A Little” is an anglo CLASSIC and was a WW hit also, minus North America.

#1 UK

#2 New Zealand
#2 Germany

#3 Australia

#5 Holland & Belgium

#12 France

:jonnycat:

Honestly, there debut was great. A really nice mix of R&B, Pop & Garage. 

9 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

Yes.

”Just A Little” is an anglo CLASSIC and was a WW hit also, minus North America.

#1 UK

#2 New Zealand
#2 Germany

#3 Australia

#5 Holland & Belgium

#12 France

:jonnycat:

Honestly, there debut was great. A really nice mix of R&B, Pop & Garage. 

It’s mad that song almost went to Anastacia. The really should of been one of them bands that stick around but it wasn’t meant to be. They definitely achieved more than anyone ever thought they would. 

2 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

It’s mad that song almost went to Anastacia. The really should of been one of them bands that stick around but it wasn’t meant to be. They definitely achieved more than anyone ever thought they would. 

I agree. I feel as though they should’ve reached the heights that Atomic Kitten, Girls Aloud, Blue, Sugababes and all the other 2000’s British Group heavyweights did. 

They were very good performers and love singers and had a lot of charisma. 

It’s a shame because I don’t even feel they’re remembered to the level of Big Bruvaz. :deadbanana4:

9 minutes ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

I agree. I feel as though they should’ve reached the heights that Atomic Kitten, Girls Aloud, Blue, Sugababes and all the other 2000’s British Group heavyweights did. 

They were very good performers and love singers and had a lot of charisma. 

It’s a shame because I don’t even feel they’re remembered to the level of Big Bruvaz. :deadbanana4:

They were almost close, but something happened 2 album onwards.

I always forget how good Kevin is until I listen back. 

I would say there probably more remembered that Big Brovaz (who are also underrated, BootyLuv as well) if they carried of after The Big Reunion they could of had to a smaller extent what All Saints have right now. 

11 minutes ago, Keeandga said:

They were almost close, but something happened 2 album onwards.

I always forget how good Kevin is until I listen back. 

I would say there probably more remembered that Big Brovaz (who are also underrated, BootyLuv as well) if they carried of after The Big Reunion they could of had to a smaller extent what All Saints have right now. 

With 1990’s/2000’s British Pop Groups, you have the:

Mega-Heavyweights:

• Spice Girls

• Take That

• Westlife (Irish)

Heavyweights:

• Sugababes 

• Girls Aloud

• Atomic Kitten

• Blue

• Little Mix

• One Direction

• Steps

• Eternal

Middlewights:

• Mis’Teeq

• All Saints

• S Club 7

• JLS

Lightweights:

• Liberty X

• Big Bruvaz

• The Saturdays

I’ve probably missed a few, but I didn’t include the random, late 1990’s, one/two hit wonder groups or duos like ‘B’Witched’ or ‘Vengaboys’ or Sweet Female Attitude etc. :rip:

Edited by GoodGuyGoneGhetto

YES :clap3:

These are still in regular rotation in my shuffle playlist

19 hours ago, GoodGuyGoneGhetto said:

With 1990’s/2000’s British Pop Groups, you have the:

Mega-Heavyweights:

• Spice Girls

• Take That

• Westlife (Irish)

Heavyweights:

• Sugababes 

• Girls Aloud

• Atomic Kitten

• Blue

• Little Mix

• One Direction

• Steps

• Eternal

Middlewights:

• Mis’Teeq

• All Saints

• S Club 7

• JLS

Lightweights:

• Liberty X

• Big Bruvaz

• The Saturdays

I’ve probably missed a few, but I didn’t include the random, late 1990’s, one/two hit wonder groups or duos like ‘B’Witched’ or ‘Vengaboys’ or Sweet Female Attitude etc. :rip:

This looks about right, is this based on now or back in the day? (If it’s back in the day I’d bump up S Club 7 and it’s probably right for The Sats but it feels wrong for some reason). 

19 hours ago, bowdown said:

YES :clap3:

These are still in regular rotation in my shuffle playlist

Song 4 Lovers is a forgotten gem, I would added more of the group. Flowers to Tony for producing the song. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.