• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fauxtography

• mellenthin

• Yog

• flower moon

JohnWayneHolland

I'm sorry but if you stan basic pop girls like Taylor, Adele, Katy, Lana, Camila, etc. And you're trying to shade an alternative and experimental Queen, BJORK, your opinion is simply invalid, sorry I don't make the rules, go shade Ava Max or someone that's on the same artistic level as your fave :coffee2:

Cameltoe Chariot
2 hours ago, JohnWayneHolland said:

I'm sorry but if you stan basic pop girls like Taylor, Adele, Katy, Lana, Camila, etc. And you're trying to shade an alternative and experimental Queen, BJORK, your opinion is simply invalid, sorry I don't make the rules, go shade Ava Max or someone that's on the same artistic level as your fave :coffee2:

:clap3:

Literally every pots and pans hyperpop girlie owes their career to Björk. She is as important to modern pop as Madonna ffs

On 6/18/2022 at 6:39 PM, konaa said:

Agreed on everything, including Post being the only listenable album. 

However, I’ll fan the flames and say the same goes for Kate Bush. :celestial5:

This is the WORST post in this thread by far, and that's saying something. :biblionny:

On 6/15/2022 at 12:11 PM, jqnetto said:

what a weird and groundless take :deadbanana4:

her debut album is an accessible collection of underground gay bops

Wait, I didn't know her music bopped this hard.

47051bbd07e3f7e255414a162dd3f5f8.gif

I can't take you seriously if you think S Club 7 were influential on any level :rip:

Never heard her music but there's no reason to say she sucks lol

If she has a following then they must have a reason! It's not for everyone I suppose. The only thing I agree on is that no one can deny her impact in the alternative/experimental realm. 

The only thing I agree with the OP is S Club 7's impact on music because their single was the first Stargate production :clap3:

if it's not your cup of tea, just be quiet. I'm not even being shady. seriously.

The first song I ever heard from her was Hunter and I think it's one of her best songs ever.

:jonny6:

I'm going to try and get more into her discography. I figured I would start with Debut.

I'm actually liking this song.

:jonny5:

Has anyone seen the music video for this one?

:ahh:

On 6/16/2022 at 9:21 PM, monstereo said:

Her stans saying it took drugs or them going into mental hospitals to be able to start enjoying her music..... :deadvision:

no comment :deadbanana4:

Not only is the post count still increasing, but people are still voting (mostly 'no' ofc :clap3:). Björk her IMPACT!! 

• 6 months later...

Y’all went to WAR in here my goodness! What an entertaining read.

reading through these comments and some of you are beyond saving

kjhomTo.gif

OT: Björk makes better music than all your basic faves

Edited by sunbathinganimal

9 minutes ago, gettsleazy said:

Y’all went to WAR in here my goodness! What an entertaining read.

not you bumping the thread when I was just getting over the lashings from this half a year later:ahh:

1 hour ago, fauxtography said:

not you bumping the thread when I was just getting over the lashings from this half a year later:ahh:

Nnnn I had to! This thread should be studied for years to come, both sides end up devolving into absolute parodies of themselves. 

You admitting you made it for entertainment value halfway through the thread :ahh:

On 6/20/2022 at 9:45 AM, lovedaddy said:

the lack of taste, I-

delete your account

the way this is easier than ever
kjhomTo.gif

• 1 month later...

This thread is so iconic. She literally sings like she’s rhythmic idiosyncratic, the equivalence of singing off beat.

I sometimes get so frustrated with her cuz the ***** is never on beat.

Is her music for the the highly intelligent folks or people who just have bad rhythm and rather listen to music that don’t sync together? It’s surely an acquired taste cuz our brains have formed in a way that make sounds that sync together sound much more pleasant  rather than figure out all the disjointed sounds separately. 

Having said all that, I’ve learned to love Homogenic and Vespertine lmfaoooo, so her music is actually ******* amazing if u give it enough time for new neurons and synapses to form so you can make sense of its bizarreness. 

Edited by Kh-Loud

9 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

This thread is so iconic. She literally sings like she’s rhythmic idiosyncratic, the equivalence of singing off beat.

I sometimes get so frustrated with her cuz the ***** is never on beat.

Is her music for the the highly intelligent folks or people who just have bad rhythm and rather listen to music that don’t sync together? It’s surely an acquired taste cuz our brains have formed in a way that make sounds that sync together sound much more pleasant  rather than figure out all the disjointed sounds separately. 

Having said all that, I’ve learned to love Homogenic and Vespertine lmfaoooo, so her music is actually ******* amazing if u give it enough time for new neurons and synapses to form so you can make sense of its bizarreness. 

nnnn honestly since this thread and the lashings my opinion hasn't really budged but like in the OP - i see where she could potentially have appealing music to some :ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.