Hot take: Bjork actually sucks, why?

fauxtography

Question for the culture  

376 members have voted

1. 1. Bjork sucks y/n

• Yes
    • No

15 pages over this opinion piece? Oh wow.

Anyways, i saw Björk live with an orchestra last night and the POWER that she has

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• fauxtography

• mellenthin

• Yog

• flower moon

I remember this guy from the US came to my city for work and there was a Bjork cultural exposition in the museum so we went there as a date. It was basically an interactive, 3d, complex thing of everything Bjork has ever done. 

We would sit in dark rooms wearing virtual reality goggles and the experience would get us immersed into her music vídeos in a 3d universe. 

My god, that was the worse date I've ever had. The guy left traumatized. The songs were just not good, you know. I still remember one scene inside like a cave while Bjork was constantly moaning the same line for 10 minutes and it was getting louder and louder. And we simply couldnt leave. 

What a day. I remember him telling me he always knew Bjork was weird, but he didn't thought she was that bad. 

I don't deny her talent, but shes clearly not for everyone. 

Edited by Badgalbriel
  • Haha 1

I don't like her, but making threads to seek validation for your hateful opinion is a pity move :biblio:

On 6/15/2022 at 9:07 AM, Yog said:

Oh honey, do yourself an favor and expend your musical tastes,  there’s more in music than mostly good but very predictable & formulaic from Taylor Swift…

You say that with a picture of Sam Smith in your AVI. SAM SMITH, whose entire catalogue is just a lower, deeper, register of Adele songs. 

Post was a cute listen (hyperballad is a bore btw) but I didn't try any of her other albums. I know they are not for me :giraffe:

Her melodious songs like army of me or i go humble were really good tho

43 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

You say that with a picture of Sam Smith in your AVI. SAM SMITH, whose entire catalogue is just a lower, deeper, register of Adele songs. 

Hmm, that’s very invalid considering Sam clearly does more than ballads but go off…?

She's as artistic as Yoko Ono screaming into a mic.

The only difference is she has a good production/visual team surrounding her.

Ugh, not getting Björk must be such a miserable existence. Glory to whoever gave me the immaculate taste to understand genius 

9DTQrPj.thumb.gif.4eca875ce2c47ec2e90fc4

Edited by Lucas32

On 6/15/2022 at 5:21 AM, fentypark said:

i’ve never listened to her music but i listened to the songs the OP posted and my god… they are AWFUL :rip:

Literally same. I’m constantly seeing people say she’s the most talented, creative artist of all time when all she has done is give me an headache with those horrid beats and as the op called it, her ‘mating call’ which is exactly what she sounds like she’s doing :rip:

Jesus Christ some of you are pretentious. I refuse to believe that anyone could enjoy this mess and if you say you do I don’t believe you. I was expecting some type of artistic awakening when I opened the thread. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, monstereo said:

She's as artistic as Yoko Ono screaming into a mic.

Enough about ARTPOP

monstereo

6 hours ago, magicfever said:

15 pages over this opinion piece? Oh wow.

Anyways, i saw Björk live with an orchestra last night and the POWER that she has

ouu girl I was at the Berlin gig too :jonny5: when she closed with Pluto... I was teleported

7 minutes ago, Pendulum said:

ouu girl I was at the Berlin gig too :jonny5: when she closed with Pluto... I was teleported

No way :chick2: Yes, Pluto was INSANE. The whole show… :jonnycat: She obviously believes in Vulnicura supremacy and she is right with that :wanda:

2 minutes ago, magicfever said:

No way :chick2: Yes, Pluto was INSANE. The whole show… :jonnycat: She obviously believes in Vulnicura supremacy and she is right with that :wanda:

Well makes sense that she would perform more Vulnicura songs as they more or less fit with the theme of the tour 

the beer prices were outrageously expensive tho :chick1: 9 euros for 1L of beer and additional 3 euros for the cup, thankfully I drank from my oomf's drinks without paying a single penny

If she’s too avant-garde for you, just say that

7 hours ago, Badgalbriel said:

I remember this guy from the US came to my city for work and there was a Bjork cultural exposition in the museum so we went there as a date. It was basically an interactive, 3d, complex thing of everything Bjork has ever done. 

We would sit in dark rooms wearing virtual reality goggles and the experience would get us immersed into her music vídeos in a 3d universe. 

My god, that was the worse date I've ever had. The guy left traumatized. The songs were just not good, you know. I still remember one scene inside like a cave while Bjork was constantly moaning the same line for 10 minutes and it was getting louder and louder. And we simply couldnt leave. 

What a day. I remember him telling me he always knew Bjork was weird, but he didn't thought she was that bad. 

I don't deny her talent, but shes clearly not for everyone. 

:ahh:

On 6/15/2022 at 6:11 AM, JoeAg said:

Björk is to Unravel what FKA twigs is to Pendulum, imo

Wait at this perfect analogy :jonny5:

Some users here are just so embarrassing with their ‘objective’ opinions ☠️

Just because your only liking to music is basic easy listen pop doesn’t mean other genres or alternative sounds are garbage. Some of you need some more growing to do intellectually.

These are the very same gays who stan Heidi Montag or Paris Hilton albums but trash artists like Bjork.

Embarrassing

4 hours ago, ConceptD said:

Jesus Christ some of you are pretentious. I refuse to believe that anyone could enjoy this mess and if you say you do I don’t believe you. I was expecting some type of artistic awakening when I opened the thread. 

Then don't believe us lol I don't speak the rest of Bjork's fanbase, but I don't care if you dislike Bjork or not-- I'm not you, and no one should be forced into liking something they don't like.

However, OP was saying Bjork isn't actually that creative/genius and outright made fun of her and her discography. That's the OP's right, but it's a separate conversation from "I simply don't like Bjork's music." Maybe I just choose to use my time more productively, but there's certain artists whose music I cannot stand, but I at least try to approach their music/image with an open mind, and I sure as hell would not go on a whole diatribe about how much they suck and how talentless they are. What a weird flex. 

Agreed on everything, including Post being the only listenable album. 

However, I’ll fan the flames and say the same goes for Kate Bush. :celestial5:

• ATRL Moderator

This thread being almost 20 pages :bibliahh:

• ATRL Moderator
5 hours ago, ConceptD said:

I think a lot of Bjork fans have been fans of her for so long they forgot how they got into her.  Honestly, her Debut album (titled Debut), which is mostly quirky pop with House, Dance, and folk influences is the best introduction.  It's not avant garde in the slightest, and it has a bonus track that was co-written by the guy who did a lot of Bond Themes, so it sounds like one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ep57VrDPOo

1 hour ago, madonnas said:

This thread being almost 20 pages :bibliahh:

I knew it would make some of the gurls mad but not THIS :deadbanana2:

16 hours ago, madonnas said:

I think a lot of Bjork fans have been fans of her for so long they forgot how they got into her.  Honestly, her Debut album (titled Debut), which is mostly quirky pop with House, Dance, and folk influences is the best introduction.  It's not avant garde in the slightest, and it has a bonus track that was co-written by the guy who did a lot of Bond Themes, so it sounds like one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ep57VrDPOo

I wish came in with Selmasongs and then got her Greatest Hits. It was all over the second I heard Jóga. :jonny2:

On 6/15/2022 at 3:13 AM, mellenthin said:

I used to think this way. I used to believe she was just weird for the sake of being weird and that her music was for pretentious people.

Before your ~artsy fartsy~ era :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.