Harry Styles dragged and viral after latest interview

thatsmydemi

It's clear it's all a marketing strategy, he benefits a lot more from the ambiguity than from just coming out and saying he's straight or gay or bi.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headlock

• Miichael

• Protocol

• AMIT

7 minutes ago, XXI. said:

Fluidity in gender norms, wearing women's clothing for example, doesn't mean you're gay or bi... that's society making assumptions. Maybe him wearing a dress solely means he likes the article of clothing. I think that's Harry point...why does him painting his nails, holding a gay flag, or wearing a dress have to mean he's gay or bi?

Regardless, the answer is in his dating history - he's only ever been linked to women. I personally, think Harry's straight... but regardless of my assumption on his sexuality his "queer baiting" isn't driving his success. Straight women are driving his success - even with him wearing dresses and whatever else.

It's not about the clothes, it's about his continuing to skirt the actual questions about his sexuality. He doesn't get to act performative around gender and queerness and sexuality and then turn around and say "labels don't matter". If he wants to be an ally, great! Then just say that. Trying to be coy at whether you belong to the community you're continuously referencing and invoking is not cute.

5 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

I feel like y’all won’t be satisfied until he sucks a dick in instagram live or something :skull: the fickle gays will just drop him just like they did to Colton Haynes. I think it’s cool to have a man be so openly supportive of the LGBT community

He's not just being supportive, he keeps trying to be cheeky and hint that he may be a part of the community :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, #Beautiful said:

While I find him and his whole image obnoxious and manufactured so badly that's it's almost entirely see through if you have more than 3 brain cells working that brain, he's not wrong with the statement itself. It isn't anyone's business and putting a label on sexuality is something people should stop doing to the level that it defines their whole personality and is the center of their lives in general. Sexuality and gender norms are very much fluid, obviously. His flag parading and wearing the ugly dresses, while to me personally is pointless and not effective in any way, must be helping shed visibility on the community in a civilized, chill way for others, maybe people who aren't part of the community. He doesn't have to say he's part of the community in order to be part of the community. That's a rotten mentality coming from the very people who make being gay their whole entire personality, which doesn't make for a personality at all. You don't stand out, you're not unique, you're not different. There's more depth to an individual than solely their sexuality. Next

Seem to be a lot of internatilized homophobia in this post. Gay people were for centuries forced to hide their sexuality and conform to the norms imposed on them, don't come here with this conservative talking points of people living through their sexuality. Saying you're attracted to the same sex shouldn't be this hard, especially for someone so ingrained in queerness as he already is 

Does he have a personality trait OUTSIDE of being fluid? 

21 minutes ago, Walley said:

People around the world get killed every day for being gay. He gets to use it as a fashion accessory to make him look edgy. Disgusting and narcissistic 

The clothes wear him. He doesn’t wear the clothes. Nothing looks genuine on him. 

Just now, brazil said:

Seem to be a lot of internatilized homophobia in this post. Gay people were for centuries forced to hide their sexuality and conform to the norms imposed on them, don't come here with this conservative talking points of people living through their sexuality. Saying you're attracted to the same sex shouldn't be this hard, especially for someone so ingrained in queerness as he already is 

lol

But WHY would he have to say it? What would it change? What difference does it make? He is what he is, it doesn't have to DEFINE his entire personality

While I find him and his whole image obnoxious and manufactured so badly that's it's almost entirely see through if you have more than 3 brain cells working that brain, he's not wrong with the statement itself. It isn't anyone's business and putting a label on sexuality is something people should stop doing to the level that it defines their whole personality and is the center of their lives in general. Sexuality and gender norms are very much fluid, obviously. His flag parading and wearing the ugly dresses, while to me personally is pointless and not effective in any way, must be helping shed visibility on the community in a civilized, chill way for others, maybe people who aren't part of the community. He doesn't have to say he's part of the community in order to be part of the community. That's a rotten mentality coming from the very people who make being gay their whole entire personality, which doesn't make for a personality at all. You don't stand out, you're not unique, you're not different. There's more depth to an individual than solely their sexuality. Next

The problem is he won't say he isn't a part of it.

If he wants to be a part of the conversation as an ally, awesome, but he has to say that, as hundreds of other celebrities have. The more he skirts the issue, the more it becomes apparent that either he isn't and he's being intentionally vague for marketing purposes, or he is actually queer but is being forced to say nothing by his label. You can decide which situation is better.

He knows damn well he would never touch another man's *****! :ahh:

Taking advantage of all the thirsty and hopeful, effortlessly! :giraffe:

1 minute ago, Headlock said:

The problem is he won't say he isn't a part of it.

If he wants to be a part of the conversation as an ally, awesome, but he has to say that, as hundreds of other celebrities have. The more he skirts the issue, the more it becomes apparent that either he isn't and he's being intentionally vague for marketing purposes, or he is actually queer but is being forced to say nothing by his label. You can decide which situation is better.

Again I obviously think he's doing this because it benefits his image best. People who are in the know will be like yasss Harry!!!!11 and people who aren't will be like awww what an angel he's so genuine supporting these people!!!1 his whole brand is pretentious and vague honestly and it is what it is. I wouldn't go as far as calling it baiting though, he's definitely not fully cishet by "definition"

2 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

lol

But WHY would he have to say it? What would it change? What difference does it make? He is what he is, it doesn't have to DEFINE his entire personality

Nobody is saying it has to define his entire personality, saying youre gay or bi wont mean that will define your personality, and it's not like his personality isn't already defined by his fluidity so why not just come out and say you're fluid or straight or gay? 

He's over and cancelled, how will he go on with his life after being cancelled by 14k likes.

I wouldn't go as far as calling it baiting though, he's definitely not fully cishet by "definition"

How is he not? He is a cis man, and is heterosexual :rip:

4 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

lol

He is using queerness to create his image. You just agreed with that. He doesn't get to do that and then say "labels don't matter".

He doesn't owe anyone anything. 

Edited by tiagol88

9 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

Its not visibility if you are waving the flag to an audience who is already used to gender-bending and are most part of the community themselves. Its not visibility, Its marketing. 

gettyimages-1153173114.jpg?crop=0.668xw: 

Just now, Severus Snape said:

Its not visibility if you are waving the flag to an audience who is already used to gender-bending and are most part of the community themselves. Its not visibility, Its marketing. 

The difference being Taylor has explicitly said multiple times she is straight :rip:

He's the new justin bieber, unfortunately. GP has been brainwashed to like his horrible music and no cancelation will ever have any effect :doc:

But it's a start, we celebrate the little things :clap3:

Just now, brazil said:

Nobody is saying it has to define his entire personality, saying youre gay or bi wont mean that will define your personality, and it's not like his personality isn't already defined by his fluidity so why not just come out and say you're fluid or straight or gay? 

If his personality is already defined by his fluidity, doesn't that already make it obvious that he's part of the community though?

I know of some people who ****** him, for what it's worth, they're all women, and all I can tell you is that he's a nymphomaniac :michael:

Just now, Headlock said:

The difference being Taylor has explicitly said multiple times she is straight :rip:

Yes I get it, but she herself used it as marketing during the Lover campaign, she was aiming at a public who is already used to seeing things like that, its catering the product to an audience. Its the same as politicians waving the pride flag during elections. 

50 members viewing.....for what? Tweets that have literally no impact because he's going to continue being himself regardless and he's currently got the biggest song in the world and an album that's about to smash? Staying bitter and regressing because you refuse to engage with the entire point of the article talking about how his sex life has been discussed since he was 16 and how he was literally traumatised by that isn't his problem.

"I've been really open with it with my friends, but that's my personal experience; it's mine" is NOT an invalid sentence and it's perfectly within his rights to express. I somehow doubt he's talking about how much he loves being straight to all his friends. 

@ATRL Administrationwhy are threads about this still open? It's blatant flamebait and all it's doing is perpetuating a discussion that's literally no one's business?

2 minutes ago, Severus Snape said:

It sure is marketing! But I don't think anyone ever assumed Taylor Swift eats *****

what's more offensive is that he looks awful in everything he tries to pull off

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Severus Snape said:

This isn't even a queer outfit, it's just colorful. The colors aren't even in the order of the pride flag (and are not the right colors, e.g. there's pink but no red) :lmao: This is WILDLY different from waving an actual bisexuality pride flag on stage.

'As It Was' by Harry Styles — Spotify Charts (04/26/22): 

? Global: #1 (=) – 9,717,290
?? US: #1 (=) – 2,025,070
?? MX #2 (-1) - 805,695
?? UK: #1 (=) – 611,166
?? AU: #1 (=) – 340,237
?? CA: #1 (=) – 287,870

While all that "dragging" on twitter happens  AIW keeps smashing everywhere so I don't think he is bothered:bibliahh: 

Not viral but the sentiment is going to keep growing the longer the mess goes on.

You can’t make queerness such a distinct part of your brand and then turn around and say flippant **** like “it doesn’t matter” because it clearly does to you.

I thought we arent supposed to force ppl to come out?

Geys r so problematic i swear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.