What do you think caused Christina Aguilera's downfall?

JuanXito

1 hour ago, suburbannature said:

while your fave lasted three eras and bombed into obscurity as a joke of the industry. 

:bibliahh:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• brainmaniac

• BionicWooHoo

• dirrtydiana

1 hour ago, ProudLBS said:

This woman has more obsessed haters than fans

jp23KCF.gif

What category do you fall into? ???

2 hours ago, suburbannature said:

Britney was consistently described as a sweetheart by celebs apart from one random Lil' Kim interview while Xtina was always said to be rude by other celebs. How does someone stan Xtina and deny her attitude...it's a well-known part of her image and history in the industry. :deadbanana4:

I actually compiled a list of people who worked with Xtina who said who was super professional and it was wayyyy longer than the list of ppl who disliked her. ??‍♂️??‍♂️ It was like here I made the effort to pull receipts and sources but then people like you choose to ignore it. Like clearly no matter how many visual representations or receipts I pull, your stanbase chooses to willfully ignore to because you need to push this agenda/narrative that Christina is mean 

Edited by BionicWooHoo

her long breaks, the fact that she wasn't really a tabloid or celeb fixture and didn't care to be, and the perez/gaga drama really hurt her. her artistry and changes in sound are what made her interesting and her fans have always appreciated it. bionic was a great album with some of her best songs but the bad press with no support really hurt her

Edited by p1lotjones

She takes a million years to release her albums.  After Back To Basics, she barely bothered promoting her albums. She also doesn't really do anything to keep herself in the public eye between album releases.

jp23KCF.gif

Nothing in particular it just happens to most stars

8 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Nothing in particular it just happens to most stars

Came to say this. Sooner or later every mainstream artist starts to decline commercially, Christina had a cute run and she has remembered hits. What's the big deal?

jp23KCF.gif

3 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

Came to say this. Sooner or later every mainstream artist starts to decline commercially, Christina had a cute run and she has remembered hits. What's the big deal?

jp23KCF.gif

No big deal. She will always be remembered considering people keep bringing her up lol.

I don’t think bionic as an album is bad. I think it’s a good album.

In my opinion her fans have to blame one song : not myself tonight, that song ended her career.

Edited by Xtianlofbritney

7 hours ago, Isaiah said:

This might be the most “I’m stuck in my own stan bubble” post I’ve ever read on this site :rip:

Right? :rip:  That Britney fan is really living in their own alternate reality lmao :dies:

6 minutes ago, Xtianlofbritney said:

I don’t think bionic as an album is bad. I think it’s a good album.

Fin my opinion her fans have to blame one song : not myself tonight, that song ended her career.

Agreed. You can't come back from a four-year break in between albums when your last album was already a decline, and release a really poor lead single without a good hook and concept with dated-sounding production. I always thought "OMG" by Usher or "S&M" by Rihanna should've been her lead single from that album instead. She needed an Electro-Pop song that had a subtle urban influence but that was a real smash. Her A&R failed her that era. 

Debut and Stripped are her best albums. Then she released Bionic and it all went downhill from there. So bad music + diva behavior didn't help her.

jp23KCF.gif

Back To Basics was also kind of her slowly going downhill with those boring songs but whatever

3 hours ago, BionicWooHoo said:

What category do you fall into? ???

I don’t hate her, she was like my 10th most streamed artist last year :celestial5:

She was not likeable and if people dont like you, they will not be interested in your mediocre songs. So when the music started to become meh, everyone left her. 

5 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

There’s no fiction and excuses here. Christina did allude to a possible miscarriage when she was promoting The Voice 

Like I said, Mariah became a national punching bag after Glitter, people thought she was crazy, and she had to prove to herself that she could be successful without being married to her boss Tommy Mottola. You know very well how she’s talked about how she had to prove herself. 

Christina didn’t have those insecurities. Clearly if she was trying for a comeback she would actually promote and wouldn’t take her huge breaks 

That's what happens when you are one of the biggest acts in music history. Madonna was also bashed in the media and said to be over. She proved them wrong. In the end, it is up to the artist to work for successs. Don't fool yourself into thinking that xtina decided to start flopping with all her albums post 2006. She doesn't need to prove anything now and is an established icon. But it wasn't her plan to flop with KGB, Bionic, Burlesque and Lotus back to back. Like Mariah said during TEOM era. You ca't write off somebody that already achieved so much like she did already before TEOM. And she was right. She could have retired in 1999 and would still be a legend.

Edited by Outside789

Her music sucks, the breaks she took were never worth the wait. Stripped is still her *only* front-to-back good album. 

29 minutes ago, Outside789 said:

That's what happens when you are one of the biggest acts in music history. Madonna was also bashed in the media and said to be over. She proved them wrong. In the end, it is up to the artist to work for successs. Don't fool yourself into thinking that xtina decided to start flopping with all her albums post 2006. She doesn't need to prove anything now and is an established icon. But it wasn't her plan to flop with KGB, Bionic, Burlesque and Lotus back to back. Like Mariah said during TEOM era. You ca't write off somebody that already achieved so much like she did already before TEOM. And she was right. She could have retired in 1999 and would still be a legend.

That’s my point though, the artist has to want that success.

Madonna is definitely extremely driven and she released tons of music in her prime and even in her immediate post prime. She basically released at least 1 single a year back then even if was a soundtrack single even when she was said to be over so that she wouldn’t lose momentum. Even a few years ago, Madonna said she wanted another Top 10 hit and she even recorded a new video for a slightly viral Frozen remix. She still has that hunger for success.

That Mariah fan was deluding themself acting like Mariah was destined by a higher power to have TEOM :rip: but even she had to put in the work for that to happen 

But not everyone is interested in that. Like I said before, Mariah had a lot more to prove than Christina when it came to her reputation since people thought Mariah was crazy after Glitter and thought that Mariah only had success because Mariah was married to her boss.

Christina didn’t have that kind of insecurity Mariah had. And Mariah definitely could not have retired in 1999. Even Mariah herself has talked about how she had to prove herself with WBT. 

And Christina was given The Voice directly after Bionic flopped. It gave her a lot of easy money and free time to spend with her family so of course she chose to focus on that. And from that, she was still able to have 3 more Top 10 hits including a #1 and another Grammy so she kept her name out there in commercial success too.

I never said Christina chose to flop, but she is definitely not as carefully career driven as Madonna or say Taylor Swift or any of the other very driven pop girls.

When Britney, *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys were releasing many yearly teen pop albums back to back, Christina put her foot down and waited until 3 years later to release her 2nd album. Actually she wanted to release that album in 2003 but her label was afraid time was running out and made her release it in 2002. But if they hasn’t done that she would have waited until 2003 or maybe even 2004 lol

So she already had this thing  in taking long huge breaks even at the very start of her career, while most other pop girls try to saturate the market in their early years and prime. She knew the risk in taking 4 years off between each album but did it anyway.

And even before Bionic came out, she said she thought the album might flop and the label had asked her to record Dr Luke songs to be hits, but she refused. Someone who was more fearful of flopping would have gladly accepted those songs, but she was willing to risk that than release songs she didn’t want. 

KGB and Burlesque did well for being a GH and Soundtracks though. Burlesque even outsold Bionic And Lotus and I believe should be nearing Platinum in units.

think it was Bionic! that stepped her back a bit 

last two songs I loved  by her where these! But sadly flopped!

5 hours ago, Sempiternal said:

The top comments on Accelerate's video had me dying :bibliahh:

Edited by Erreur2 La Nature

There was a huge onslaught of female artists after B2B (Gaga, Katy, Ke$ha, Adele etc) who were all doing much more interesting things and honestly there just wasn’t a space for her anymore. Her attitude/reputation didn’t help things either.

15 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

There’s no fiction and excuses here. Christina did allude to a possible miscarriage when she was promoting The Voice 

Like I said, Mariah became a national punching bag after Glitter, people thought she was crazy, and she had to prove to herself that she could be successful without being married to her boss Tommy Mottola. You know very well how she’s talked about how she had to prove herself. 

Christina didn’t have those insecurities. Clearly if she was trying for a comeback she would actually promote and wouldn’t take her huge breaks 

Christina definitely tried to come back with Lotus. All the interviews where she said Bionic was too ahead of it’s time for the public and Lotus was more radio friendly. She even had a Max Martin produced lead single.

Bionic just wasnt it (in terms of commercial appeal) and came too late. Thats pretty much it. Since then its been predictable. Only MLJ and SS being exceptions. 

she still a queen though

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Christina definitely tried to come back with Lotus. All the interviews where she said Bionic was too ahead of it’s time for the public and Lotus was more radio friendly. She even had a Max Martin produced lead single.

She tried to come back with Lotus? She had a huge platform with The Voice and she couldn’t even be bothered to perform her lead single there or literally anywhere for that matter lol. We got one performance of the lead single the entire era and it wasn’t even with the original instrumental. It was her singing with jimmy fallons band making the background music with office supplies ???? she truly gave no fucks 

On 4/19/2022 at 2:35 AM, suburbannature said:

It's called crack register. It's ART

This is exactly the type of singing that I hate passionately. It is so strained and hurtful to the ears, imo.