What do you think caused Christina Aguilera's downfall?

JuanXito

Long breaks leading up to underwhelming releases. The GP doesn't keep up with "diva wars" and it wouldn't matter if the music was good. 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• brainmaniac

• BionicWooHoo

• dirrtydiana

Irritating Voice, she always shout

I’m not sure but it is ironic that her downfall started after she released the “Keeps Gettin’ Better” single. :rip: 

6 hours ago, GlamSlam said:

Perez Hilton (along with a certain fanbase)

A fanbase managed to end a popstar's career? :eek:

Bionic. So damn Bionic

On 4/18/2022 at 8:02 PM, brainmaniac said:

Most people don’t find Christina “unlikeable” lol. That is literally only a complaint from Britney fans bitter about her.

Remember in the real world, it was Britney who was seen as unlikeable and Britney became the national punching bag and joke of the media and gp for like a decade, while Christina was always liked and respected for her talent.

what in the world - this is not true at all. when britney was the national punching bag, she was never unliked for her personality. people were ruthlessly judgmental of her but people never disliked her and her personality. the same cannot be said for Christina.

Mary said it best

44 minutes ago, DesiredConsternation said:

Bionic. So damn Bionic

Not myself tonight I’d say..

People saying her personality as if anyone outside of pop forums knows about her bad attitude :rip: atrl is so out of touch.

She came back at 30 with bionic after a 4 year gap in which Gaga Katy Rihanna Kesha Taylor etc. all exploded onto the map. Her time had passed and the sound of bionic was too reductive of what Gaga had already done nearly 2 years prior. 

The number of troll threads made by the Army about this woman that stay open :rip:

"Downfall" is such a drastic term, as if she was caught in some scandal and is now humiliated and in jail. She's a late 90s act, before the whole FreeBritney movement and barrage of documentaries she was getting more monthly listeners. They're in the same boat.

20 hours ago, dirrtydiana said:

Literally anyone who disliked Britney then and especially now are wrong by choice and are easily manipulated what’s not clicking? -I

let me put it this way, everyone who supports trump, nicki minaj, cacabello, they’re all in that same category.

it’s a known fact like the grass being green.

sure! :lmao:mustve been in 2003 when they filmed their iconic sb commercial and xtina was talking bad about both Britney and Madonna.

oh wait, it was xtina who pink didn’t like for stealing beautiful 

i rest my case 

:bibliahh:

This might be the most “I’m stuck in my own stan bubble” post I’ve ever read on this site :rip:

On 4/19/2022 at 1:33 AM, Kimi said:

Britney stans are so weird :rip: downfall is such a dramatic word for a regular degular evolution into legacy act. Nothing happened, she’s a pop icon, vocal icon, millionaire. Also Stripped and Back To Basics are introspectively well received pop records, Bionic is also getting more and more love. I can’t believe silly feud from 90s is still going on.

MTE. It’s so embarrassing, especially when you consider that all of these posters are grown men pushing 30 who’ll never even see 1% of Xtina’s wealth :rip:

Long gap after Stripped

Followed by an album that divided her listeners with a lot of them not feeling the approach and sound + a lot of the casuals being put off by the fact it was so long and expensive 

Her response to the 2008 pop explosion of Gaga + Katy + Britney comeback + GGGB era + new crop of Disney girls being a Walmart exclusive premature GH collection backed by a lead single that sounded like a second rate TV show theme and MESSY medley performances

Radio silence

Return with yet another album that divided what was left of her listeners with most of them thinking it was off-brand and beneath her.

Plus, the whole BIG VOCALIST thing was mostly left in the 2000's and she represents that too closely to let go. The 2010's were very subdued. She did not fit in.

"Downfall" is very dramatic though. She just stopped keeping up with the times and faltered, like most artists do after a decade in the spotlight.

32 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

People saying her personality as if anyone outside of pop forums knows about her bad attitude :rip: atrl is so out of touch.

are you 12? before social media celebrity consumption massively relied on tv interviews, appearances, magazine interviews, word of mouth such as Mariah and MJB trashing her. 

27 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

This might be the most “I’m stuck in my own stan bubble” post I’ve ever read on this site :rip:

tell us you didnt read the fighters posts in this thread without telling us you didn’t read the fighters post :deadbanana:

24 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Long gap after Stripped

Followed by an album that divided her listeners with most of them not feeling the approach and sound + a lot of the casuals being put off by the fact it was so long and expensive 

Her response to the 2008 pop explosion of Gaga + Katy + Britney comeback + GGGB era + new crop of Disney girls being a Walmart exclusive premature GH collection backed by a lead single that sounded like a second rate TV show theme and MESSY medley performances

Radio silence

Return with yet another album that divided what was left of her listeners with most of them thinking it was off-brand and beneath her.

Plus, the whole BIG VOCALIST thing was mostly left in the 2000's and she represents that too closely to let go. The 2010's were very subdued. She did not fit in.

"Downfall" is very dramatic though. She just stopped keeping up with the times and faltered, like most artists do after a decade in the spotlight.

I still think if there was one more teen album after her self-titled and of course another studio album right after Stripped

one more is she was silent during the 2008-2009 pop girls era, when she came to 2010/2011, many have bloomed already like Gaga, Katy, Taylor, Kesha, Adele so she was overshadowed already

Britney and Beyonce, would have suffered the same if they did not release pop-dance albums like Circus and IASF during the 2008-2009, and Xtina should have done the same.

She took waaaaaaayyy too long between releases. Especially for it being so early in her career. Wasnt it altlest 4 years that she would release and album? You can only do that if they're MJ/Madonna eras, those had similar waits but they each carried around 5 #1s.  For example, Back to basics only had one moderate hit and yet she still took 4 years to come with Bionic. Thats the kiss of death. "You're  as good as your last single" indeed. 

2 hours ago, perfillusion said:

The number of troll threads made by the Army about this woman that stay open :rip:

"Downfall" is such a drastic term, as if she was caught in some scandal and is now humiliated and in jail. She's a late 90s act, before the whole FreeBritney movement and barrage of documentaries she was getting more monthly listeners. They're in the same boat.

Xtina's streams have always been abysmal while Britney surpassed Mariah in late 2020-early 2021 as the most-streamed pre-00s female act. 

2 hours ago, BreakinTheIce said:

what in the world - this is not true at all. when britney was the national punching bag, she was never unliked for her personality. people were ruthlessly judgmental of her but people never disliked her and her personality. the same cannot be said for Christina.

Mary said it best

It’s definitely true. People literally hated everything about Britney then: her music, her perceived lack of talent, the perception of her parenting skills, her sexuality, her political views, etc and yes her personality, whether it was viewed as vapid or rude 

Even in the beginning, Lil Kim said it best about Britney’s negative personality 

3:55

Britney was consistently described as a sweetheart by celebs apart from one random Lil' Kim interview while Xtina was always said to be rude by other celebs. How does someone stan Xtina and deny her attitude...it's a well-known part of her image and history in the industry. :deadbanana4:

17 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Britney was consistently described as a sweetheart by celebs apart from one random Lil' Kim interview while Xtina was always said to be rude by other celebs. How does someone stan Xtina and deny her attitude...it's a well-known part of her image and history in the industry. :deadbanana4:

The Mariah fans getting brave when we all know she’s known for having the nastiest attitude in the industry, yet they still deny it :dies:

16 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

The Mariah fans getting brave when we all know she’s known for having the nastiest attitude in the industry, yet they still deny it :dies:

Always deflecting. The difference is artists say Mariah is a professional after working together despite a "diva" reputation while Xtina is just consistently rude. The main one Mariah didn't get along with after actually meeting? Christina Aguilera. Imagine that.

OT: Her attitude and bad music.

8 hours ago, The_Bling said:

Are Xtina stans incapable of writing more than three sentences without deflecting onto Britney?

And Mariah*

OT: No artistic identity apart from screaming.

Just now, suburbannature said:

Always deflecting. The difference is artists say Mariah is a professional after working together despite a "diva" reputation while Xtina is just consistently rude. The main one Mariah didn't get along with after actually meeting? Christina Aguilera. Imagine that.

OT: Her attitude and bad music.

Your usual deflection and excuses :lmao:When you start stanning someone nice like Celine Dion then then you can criticize Christina.

But as long as you stan someone with a nasty attitude like Mariah you have no room to talk about anyones alleged attitude 

And Mariah doesn’t get along with tons of people :rip: nor is she professional :rip:

Mariah’s  attitude was so disgusting and nasty that she was even called out as being close to abusive. Get back to me when Christina gets described as close to abusive this by anyone 

Mariah Carey Was ‘Borderline Abusive’ and ‘Ruined’ Her ‘The House’ Cameo, Cedric Yarbrough Says

“This lady was unprofessional & borderline abusive to our director, who tried his best to appease her every wish. In the acting community, it’s not very good form to ‘tell’ on your fellow actors,” Yarbrough added. “They could be having a bad day, going through some personal things, & maybe Mariah was, I don’t know. But I do know that our crew didn’t deserve that, our director didn’t.”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mariah-carey-borderline-abusive-ruined-her-house-cameo-184028325.html

24 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

Look who is talking about denyng facts.

Britney was the target of media like literally all the biggest starts of there time were. Madonna, MJ, Whitney, Mariah, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe etc. And what was so bad about them? For example Marilyn Monroe was a sweetheart. All her peers would say that. Yet they media was constantly bashing. But it was never due to her being a bad person. We have countless examples like this. Xtina herself is no strange to bein bashed in the media, so you are in no position to throw the first stone. She has had a very good amount of bashing going her way.

Britney has been called a sweetheart by 95% of the people that have met her. She is one of the least problematic pop stars ever in the sense you can hardly find any archive of her bashing other people.

People always recognized Britney as a great performer and a very charming, charismatic figure. And she sure had the GP support. She became the best selling female artist of her generation and a global super brand. People were clearly interested in her.

This woman has more obsessed haters than fans

jp23KCF.gif

Edited by ProudLBS