STOP IT with the (Insert Act) During (Artist) Concert Threads

What do you think caused Christina Aguilera's downfall?

JuanXito

1 minute ago, Outside789 said:

Look who is talking about denyng facts.

Britney was the target of media like literally all the biggest starts of there time were. Madonna, MJ, Whitney, Mariah, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe etc. And what was so bad about them? For example Marilyn Monroe was a sweetheart. All her peers would say that. Yet they media was constantly bashing. But it was never due to her being a bad person. We have countless examples like this. Xtina herself is no strange to bein bashed in the media, so you are in no position to throw the first stone. She has had a very good amount of bashing going her way.

Britney has been called a sweetheart by 95% of the people that have met her. She is one of the least problematic pop stars ever in the sense you can hardly find any archive of her bashing other people.

People always recognized Britney as a great performer and a very charming, charismatic figure. And she sure had the GP support. She became the best selling female artist of her generation and a global super brand. People were clearly interested in her.

We weren’t alive when Marilyn when around so we don’t know how she was perceived first hand (At least I wasn’t) 

And I literally was replying to that Mariah fan who had commented on what I said  :rip: So I wasn’t throwing the first stone here. 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• brainmaniac

• BionicWooHoo

• dirrtydiana

Just now, brainmaniac said:

We weren’t alive when Marilyn when around so we don’t know how she was perceived first hand (At least I wasn’t) 

And I literally was replying to that Mariah fan who had commented on what I said  :rip: So I wasn’t throwing the first stone here. 

Literally no one brought up Mariah - you've deflected to both Mariah and Britney with reCeiPts of single instances to deflect from your fave's long history of a bad attitude. Mariah and Britney have nothing to do with this thread. They both sustained long, successful careers and have cemented themselves as music and/or entertainment legends while your fave lasted three eras and bombed into obscurity as a joke of the industry. 

3 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

We have all the archives. And you don't really know how Britney or any celebrity is percived. The press can lie and make up stuff. Gossip exist for a reason.

You are throwing the first stone. You have been here trying to claim Britney has a bad attitude and was hated for it. The hypocrisy is real with you.

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Literally no one brought up Mariah - you've deflected to both Mariah and Britney with reCeiPts of single instances to deflect from your fave's long history of a bad attitude. Mariah and Britney have nothing to do with this thread. They both sustained long, successful careers and have cemented themselves as music and/or entertainment legends while your fave lasted three eras and bombed into obscurity as a joke of the industry. 

There are countless of receipts of Mariah having a long history of having bad attitude :lmao:This is not a single instance :rip: and there’s some more for Britney too and Christina has never been viewed as a joke in the way Mariah has been viewed as a joke especially after Glitter

You were the one who was acting like I couldn’t judge Britney’s attitude, but if that’s that the case then you have no room to be judging Christina considering Mariah’s bad attitude is even more infamous 

3 minutes ago, Outside789 said:

We have all the archives. And you don't really know how Britney or any celebrity is percived. The press can lie and make up stuff. Gossip exist for a reason.

You are throwing the first stone. You have been here trying to claim Britney has a bad attitude and was hated for it. The hypocrisy is real with you.

You know people tend to rewrite history when people and think of them more fondly when they die. They’ve done that with most popstars who have died in our lifetime 

No hypocrisy. The Britney fan was claiming that no one ever had a problem with Britney’s personality and I was pointing out that it wasn’t true.

3 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

You know people tend to rewrite history when people and think of them more fondly when they die. They’ve done that with most popstars who have died in our lifetime 

No hypocrisy. The Britney fan was claiming that no one ever had a problem with Britney’s personality and I was pointing out that it wasn’t true.

Christina Aguilera is no stranger to being bashed in the media. So yeah, hypocrisy.

Britney has one of the most clean trackrecords ever. Most people in the industry have nothing bad to say about her.

Just now, Outside789 said:

Christina Aguilera is no stranger to being bashed in the media. So yeah, hypocrisy.

Britney has one of the most clean trackrecords ever. Most people in the industry have nothing bad to say about her.

Well if that’s the case, then the Britney fans have no room to talk since Britney is bashed in the media too.. So if that’s your perception of hypocrisy, then no one is clean in this thread lol 

On 4/19/2022 at 1:17 AM, Bimbo said:

Anyone with working eyes could see the NMT video was her attempt at a Bad Romance and Gaga-esque shocking video.

jp23KCF.gif

What lol. This is literally the first time I have ever seen anybody say Not Myself Tonight is similar to Bad Romance. What parts exactly? The fact they both had blonde hair? Lol 

I think you should rewatch the video 

59 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Britney was consistently described as a sweetheart by celebs apart from one random Lil' Kim interview while Xtina was always said to be rude by other celebs. How does someone stan Xtina and deny her attitude...it's a well-known part of her image and history in the industry. :deadbanana4:

I mean I don’t even stan the ole girl but Britney is a universally beloved sweetheart… The other one, well it certainly helps to explain her nosedive in popularity post 2002 :rip: 

12 minutes ago, brainmaniac said:

There are countless of receipts of Mariah having a long history of having bad attitude :lmao:This is not a single instance :rip: and there’s some more for Britney too and Christina has never been viewed as a joke in the way Mariah has been viewed as a joke especially after Glitter

You were the one who was acting like I couldn’t judge Britney’s attitude, but if that’s that the case then you have no room to be judging Christina considering Mariah’s bad attitude is even more infamous 

:deadbanana2:What? I said Britney had nothing to do with this thread topic (outside of overshadowing Xtina contributing to her downfall) - just as Mariah does not. Mariah has a kitschy diva reputation, but Christina is known by celebrities for truly having having a bad attitude. It’s different and the receipts are out there from her elders calling her a sweet girl (Aretha, Patti, Carole, Gladys, Whitney, Karen Sheard, Diana Ross, Janet, MJ, Stevie, Prince, Dionne…even Celine said they had nice talks) to the younger girls saying they met her and she was inviting (Ariana, Kelly, Jojo, Anitta, JHud, Beyonce, Brandy, Rihanna, Gaga, Taylor, Britney, Mary J. Blige, Tori, Toni and Tamar Braxton) to the MANY producers and writers who described her professionalism in the studio - even those she fell out with. Meanwhile you have a half dozen celeb interviews referring to Xtina saying, “She wasn’t that nice.” 

Christina was never taken seriously enough in the first place or relevant enough to have a Glitter moment and she did not have the range, talent, or public interest to pull off an Emancipation. She bombed and never recovered. 

Edited by suburbannature

Just now, suburbannature said:

:deadbanana2:What? I said Britney had nothing to do with this thread topic (outside of overshadowing Xtina contributing to her downfall) - just as Mariah does not. Mariah has a kitschy diva reputation, but Christina is known by celebrities for truly having having a bad attitude. It’s different and the receipts are out there from her elders calling her a sweet girl (Aretha, Patti, Carole, Gladys, Whitney, Karen Sheard, Diana Ross, Janet, MJ, Stevie, Prince, Dionne…even Celine said they had nice talks) to the younger girls saying they met her and she was inviting (Ariana, Kelly, Jojo, Anitta, JHud, Beyonce, Brandy, Rihanna, Gaga, Taylor, Britney, Mary J. Blige, Tori) to the MANY producers and writers who described her professionalism on set. Meanwhile you have a half dozen celeb interviews referring to Xtina saying, “She wasn’t that nice.” 

Christina was never taken seriously enough in the first place or relevant enough to have a Glitter moment and she did not have the range, talent, or public interest to pull off an Emancipation. She bombed and never recovered. 

And I can list tons of elders and younger girls who have said nice things about Christina too

And also, I can list lots of celebs who have said Mariah wasn’t nice 

Once again, you can’t say Mariah’s reputation is just “kitsch”.
Mariah being described as being abusive is not some kitsch

Anyone can have a Glitter moment. But Christina didn’t lose control like that 

Christina could have pulled  off an Emancipation moment, but she didn’t have that desire and was more focused on having her second child then.

You know Glitter was personally very devastating to Mariah and she felt more of a desire to prove herself especially since she had also to deal with people questioning her mental status. She didn’t have children either then, so she her focus was only on her career. She even promoted Charmbracelet like crazy even though it flopped, because she had that hunger for a comeback 

1 minute ago, brainmaniac said:

Christina could have pulled  off an Emancipation moment, but she didn’t have that desire and was more focused on having her second child then.

:ahh: :ahh: 

Someone should get brainmaniac a job, the good sis is grasping for air 

Just now, Richie.Valdez said:

Someone should get brainmaniac a job, the good sis is grasping for air 

xtina-christina.gif

:ahh: :ahh: 

There’s nothing funny about what I said. 

After having children, most pop girls slow down in their career - Mariah included and it’s weird that you find Christina apparently having a miscarriage during that time funny but not surprising coming from you 

And like I said, Christina wasn’t affected by Bionic the way Mariah was by Glitter. We see Mariah constantly talking about how it came very close to ruining her life and Christina has never talked about having any feelings like that about Bionic 

And like I said, Mariah promoted Charmbraclet nonstop after it flopped, while Christina stopped promoting Lotus after release. And we know Mariah also had a chip on her shoulder and insecurity to prove herself that she could be successful without being married to Tommy Mottola

There’s nothing funny about what I said. 

After having children, most pop girls slow down in their career - Mariah included and it’s weird that you find Christina apparently having a miscarriage during that time funny but not surprising coming from you 

And like I said, Christina wasn’t affected by Bionic the way Mariah was by Glitter. We see Mariah constantly talking about how it came very close to ruining her life and Christina has never talked about having any feelings like that about Bionic 

And like I said, Mariah promoted Charmbraclet nonstop after it flopped, while Christina stopped promoting Lotus after release. And we know Mariah also had a chip on her shoulder and insecurity to prove herself that she could be successful without being married to Tommy Mottola

:ahh: who tf said anything about a miscarriage. She had kids in 2008 and 2014. 

Miss Xtina did not have the range, talent, or public interest to pull off an Emancipation era. She didn't establish herself long enough before the floppage to have any kind of narrative either because she was just an early 00s fad. Her albums BOMBED, the public moved on, and it humbled her quite nicely. 

Christina deserve better fans.:skull:

Christina has all but one album that outsold Emancipation but sure she just chose to flop into oblivion and become an oligarch wedding singer. For her kids :clap3:

xtina-christina.gif

:ahh: who tf said anything about a miscarriage. She had kids in 2008 and 2014. 

Miss Xtina did not have the range, talent, or public interest to pull off an Emancipation era. She didn't establish herself long enough before the floppage to have any kind of narrative either because she was just an early 00s fad. Her albums BOMBED, the public moved on, and it humbled her quite nicely. 

I literally just said she was focused on having her second child and apparently had a miscarriage around 2012.  When she was finally able to get pregnant and have the second child she wanted of course that would her her focus, not her career

Once again, Christina did not have the insecurities Mariah has and had

Mariah became a national punching bag after Glitter, people thought she was crazy, and she had to prove to herself that she could be successful without being married to her boss Tommy Mottola.

Christina didn’t have to deal with any of that

I literally just said she was focused on having her second child and apparently had a miscarriage around 2012.  When she was finally able to get pregnant and have the second child she wanted of course that would her her focus, not her career

Once again, Christina did not have the insecurities Mariah has and had

Mariah became a national punching bag after Glitter, people thought she was crazy, and she had to prove to herself that she could be successful without being married to her boss Tommy Mottola.

Christina didn’t have to deal with any of that

The fiction and excuses. :ahh: 

Sorry, honey, Miss Christina has been trying for a comeback for more than a decade now. Her flopping is notorious and has lasted far longer than any success she had. She just doesn't have the range or the public interest.

OT: Bad attitude, bad music, no artistic identity, outperformed by peers, fad

Love her but her breaks took a toll on her, she should’ve kept her releases more often, each break she was competing with more and more and more girls so she got lost in the bunch and couldn’t keep up. I mean these are the years of her releases:

1999 - Debut

2002 - Stripped

2006 - Back To Basics

2010 - Bionic

2012 - Lotus

2019 - Liberation

I know she had the Spanish album in 2001 and the GH in 2008 but they’re not studio albums and the Spanish album could be considered as a extension of the debut since like half of the songs in that language were the singles from the debut.

And as you can see for the shortest break was from Bionic to Lotus and for the type of music she makes she couldn’t afford to be gone for that long and let’s be honest the quality of her music after BTB went downhill so I think those were the main reasons.

1 minute ago, suburbannature said:

The fiction and excuses. :ahh: 

Sorry, honey, Miss Christina has been trying for a comeback for more than a decade now. Her flopping is notorious and has lasted far longer than any success she had. She just doesn't have the range or the public interest.

OT: Bad attitude, bad music, no artistic identity, outperformed by peers, fad

There’s no fiction and excuses here. Christina did allude to a possible miscarriage when she was promoting The Voice 

Like I said, Mariah became a national punching bag after Glitter, people thought she was crazy, and she had to prove to herself that she could be successful without being married to her boss Tommy Mottola. You know very well how she’s talked about how she had to prove herself. 

Christina didn’t have those insecurities. Clearly if she was trying for a comeback she would actually promote and wouldn’t take her huge breaks 

She just didn’t release frequently enough and missed some really easy opportunities for easy hits over the years because she apparently didn’t care. It’s frustrating as a fan because she could have easily done a lot more (not saying everything would have been a hit). It is what it is.

edit: Also, she really could have done easy things over the last 10 years that show off her voice in different ways and keep her relevant. YouTube covers, IG singing clips, TikTok riff challenges, etc. literally so many opportunities just sitting there and she can do them from her couch aka her favorite place

Edited by Champagne

She shouldve come back with a strong album and look after Bionic to restore her rep instead she waited 3 years to serve generic forgetful music and fat.

I honestly feel she just dosent care as much and is happy where shes at.

Edited by gm4567