What do you think caused Christina Aguilera's downfall?

JuanXito

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• brainmaniac

• BionicWooHoo

• dirrtydiana

I think it was definitely the long break after BTB. And then after the failure of Bionic, she did Burlesque and then released Lotus… (objectively her worst album). If she released a Liberation-quality record in 2012, she might be in a different place.

Christina was never able to become the protagonist of her own story, she was always second place to someone else (Britney with the first two albums, the 40's soul divas with Back to Basics, and Gaga with Not Myself Tonight)

2 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

Most people don’t find Christina “unlikeable” lol. That is literally only a complaint from Britney fans bitter about her.

Remember in the real world, it was Britney who was seen as unlikeable and Britney became the national punching bag and joke of the media and gp for like a decade, while Christina was always liked and respected for her talent.

That's really not reality. Britney was never attacked for being unlikable. Many of the biggest stars that endured intense media and GP scrutiny were very likeable, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, MJ, Whitney...

Another evidence of Britney just being more likeable was people rooting for her comeback and success, while nobody never cared for Xtina's success.

Edited by brazil

its not about her being likeable or not, its releasing bad music once every decade. nobody is gonna check for an artist like that

1 hour ago, Triton said:

In her defense though, people took her seriously as opposed to Britney so there was more expectations from her as opposed to just being q ditzy blonde with sexy bops. 

Completely oblivious to reality, Britney was always held to a higher standard and more intense scrutiny than Xtina. She was just never as famous or had as big of a fanbase as Britney therefore making it harder for her to last. Also she never had Britney's impact. After all it was Britney's impact and debut that gave Xtina a career in the first place.

Edited by brazil

she got fat for a good period of time

Her music is just not that remarkable, she is too reliant on her voice. I won't say whether she's a diva or not, but from my point of view Xtina don't have enough charisma for me to sympathize with her persona or connect with the feelings she's trying to convey on each song.

STOP BLAMING THE LONG BREAKS IT WAS HER STINKING ATTITUDE 

Adele takes long breaks, Janet took long breaks.

jp23KCF.gif

That awful demi collab she released as official first single from Liberation was a HUGE mistake, the song is UGLY and it's not even experimental or something wrothy to release. She should've released Pipe, Like i do, unless is with you or even masochist.

4 hours ago, mxoonlight said:

Waited too long and music changed drastically between each of her breaks.

This basically

How is she over? Her fans told me she’s more relevant than Britney. They said La Fuerza Part 2 & 3 are coming out this year and will replicate the success of La Fuerza 1. Just watch!

4 hours ago, americanshameless said:

:bibliahh: *screams in E5 crack register* 

Why did this make me laugh so much :bibliahh:

3 hours ago, brazil said:

That's really not reality. Britney was never attacked for being unlikable. Many of the biggest stars that endured intense media and GP scrutiny were very likeable, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, MJ, Whitney...

Another evidence of Britney just being more likeable was people rooting for her comeback and success, while nobody never cared for Xtina's success.

That is reality. People hated and ridiculed Britney at such an extreme level  (and MJ too) until they had meltdowns. People obviously don’t do that to people they find likable. 

Nobody in real life cares about rooting for any pop star to have a comeback :rip: Only stans care about that kind of stuff. You’re confusing people feeling pity for her. 

1. Not Myself Tonight, one of, if not her worst single, was a terrible lead for a project like Bionic and, sadly, society was never going to embrace that visual with her being 30 and with a kid, she's not Madonna. Everything went wrong ever since.

2. She did take too long between projects, but I don't think that's the main reason, she never gave enough content after 2006 apart from the Back To Basics Tour. Girl loves to tuck 15 songs and 5 interludes in an album every four years and call it a day.

3. Should've released the Spanish album right after Lotus flopped into oblivion.

OT: Why were y'all expecting a Spanish EP by an artist whose career predates even the digital era to smash with no physical copies? Miss thing barely had any SEA units with Liberation, smh.

Bionic should have been released around 2008 the same period Keeps Gettin' Better was out :giraffe:

8 hours ago, brainmaniac said:

Remember in the real world, it was Britney who was seen as unlikeable and Britney became the national punching bag and joke of the media and gp

Only by mindless sheep controlled by the idiotic media. It was “cool” to make fun of her and look how that aged. It takes a certain…quality… to openly hate Britney, I’ll say that!

the GP never turned on xtina because her reach was never to Britney’s level.

in the industry, Mariah hates xtina, MJB hates her, Madonna hates her yet they all love Britney. MJB was absolutely right when she told xtina she would NEVER surpass Britney because of her bad attitude.

jp23KCF.gif

Edited by dirrtydiana

8 hours ago, Iaintsorry said:

The claims she copied Gaga were so stupid, literally the only similarity was the fact Xtina chose to have bangs in ONE performance. That was such a stretch by Perez Hilton and people were dumb enough to join that stupid hate bandwagon 

Anyone with working eyes could see the NMT video was her attempt at a Bad Romance and Gaga-esque shocking video.

jp23KCF.gif

7 hours ago, americanshameless said:

:bibliahh: *screams in E5 crack register* 

2 hours ago, 1989 said:

Why did this make me laugh so much :bibliahh:

Spoiler

The music tbh after back to basics, she’ll give you one generic pop song and think that’s enough to sell an album 

Edited by CristianGarcia

Britney stans are so weird :rip: downfall is such a dramatic word for a regular degular evolution into legacy act. Nothing happened, she’s a pop icon, vocal icon, millionaire. Also Stripped and Back To Basics are introspectively well received pop records, Bionic is also getting more and more love. I can’t believe silly feud from 90s is still going on.

9 minutes ago, dirrtydiana said:

Only by mindless sheep controlled by the idiotic media. It was “cool” to make fun of her and look how that aged. It takes a certain…quality… to openly hate Britney, I’ll say that!

the GP never turned on xtina because her reach was never to Britney’s level.

in the industry, Mariah hates xtina, MJB hates her, Madonna hates her yet they all love Britney. MJB was absolutely right when she told xtina she would NEVER surpass Britney because of her bad attitude.

jp23KCF.gif

It wasn’t just “mindless sheep” :rip: You know very well most people had a very low opinion of Britney. The GP never turned on Christina because she didn’t aggravate them the way Britney did

Madonna never had any issue with Christina ever :rip:

MJB and Christina had miscommunication issues, but cleared it up and she even said Christina was her friend and invited her to perform at one of her concerts 

Not to mention, Lil Kim said that Britney had the nastiest attitude to her on 2 occasions :rip:

We know Mariah has issues being compared to artists like her, and even Madonna in the beginning wasn’t thrilled about being compared to Britney 

Didn’t Perez Hilton wish death on Britney? Didn’t the First Lady of Maryland say she wished she could shoot Britney? Didn’t Chris Crocker have to make a video crying for people to stop picking on Britney? You can’t deny that people found Britney to be more unlikeable to trigger such venomous anger and hatred against her.