• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gorjesspazze9

• Hephaestus

• publikcitizen

• ainadalkaz

Just watched ep1 and like other have said, it was much better than it looked. :WAP:
I thought it was gunna be all Disney cheesy/ hawkeye-esque but the comic-book style worked really well.

Those agents better leave Kamala ALONE. 

They took all of Stark drones just to harass minorities :deadbanana::biblio:.

The Paul Rudd never ages reference :dies:.

Another good episode! They are doing a great job balancing both Kamala's life as Ms. Marvel and her life as a Pakistani-American teenager.

Also, the men in this show are so hot. :jonny:

11 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

I hate the cliche of the nerdy best friend being in love with the lead character :doc:

such an eye roll I agree, they are teenagers but still.

Edited by KasioKas

She’s kinda cute but it’s a bit too middle school for me. Cant see this character paired up with Captain Marvel and Spectrum but will interested to see how that goes. I was looking forward to possibly seeing this being an entry point for Miles Morales and Nova in the MCU but I think I’m good on that. Editing is cool though, it’s giving Edgar Wright

9 hours ago, Broken said:

Those agents better leave Kamala ALONE. 

They took all of Stark drones just to harass minorities :deadbanana::biblio:.

The Paul Rudd never ages reference :dies:.

Is it definitely the drones from Far From Home? I gasped when I saw them 

I was in the group of not liking her powers, but this show has turned that around for me.  

I'm liking the show, but I also feel a bit like it's oriented for a younger demographic than mine.

That said, I do LOVE the fact that Marvel's been churning out these D+ shows yet making each feel different: TV parodies/tropes, action/buddy comedy, holiday, fantasy, psychological thriller, animated anthology, and now teen/coming-of-age.  They could've just done your basic Marvel movie in episodic form 6 times and the GP would've probably ate it up.  So I definitely appreciate the effort :clap3: 

775k US households watched the premiere of Ms. Marvel. While less than other MCU series, it was a hit with Gen Z. Viewers age 20-24 watched at the highest rate of any MCU show, and it drew a more diverse audience with Black, Hispanic and Asian households watching at a higher rate.

I love love love the subtle nods to other movies / shows. Calling out an Eternal and seeing the Stark Drones :jonny: 

The Paul Rudd stays young forever line was such a kii 

Episode 2 was muuuch better than Episode 1. Looking forward to the rest of this!

Really enjoyed episode 2 as well, this is shaping up to be one of the best MCU TV show. Best parts were the commentary on women and religion and the great grandmother's backstory. The ending was unexpected, can't wait to see more!

I’m 20 minutes into the first episode and my desi self is gagging :jonny:

Not this representing what a brown Asian Muslim feels like in a western country. Jinns, Gora, haram - never would I have thought I’d hear language like this in Marvel :rip: 

Kamran is NOT hot :rip: I’m screaming at the Jalebi Baby song ugh.

Need my family to watch this! 

-------

EDIT: Not me Shazaming this banger at the end

Edited by Serendipity

second ep2 was way cornier than the first.. i like her powers tho :smiley:

Edited by flower moon

8 hours ago, Lee!! said:

:msmarvel:

Thanks @Broken!

Amazing :msmarvel: 

On 6/16/2022 at 7:43 AM, Kingpin said:

She’s kinda cute but it’s a bit too middle school for me. Cant see this character paired up with Captain Marvel and Spectrum but will interested to see how that goes. I was looking forward to possibly seeing this being an entry point for Miles Morales and Nova in the MCU but I think I’m good on that. Editing is cool though, it’s giving Edgar Wright

Agreed, the first episode piqued my interest but I didn’t even end up finishing the second.  Feels like a Disney Channel Original Series (I guess technically it is, but you know what I mean).  While I also enjoyed the creative liberty taken in editing the show, ultimately the character dynamics aren’t very compelling to me.

Wishing for nothing but a solid return in ratings though, and I’m very happy to see Muslim representation in the mainstream — I think this is a perfect show for the demographic age group it caters to.

The first episode was truly one of the best, if not the best, from all the MCU series so far. The art direction, motion graphics, the editing, cinematography, directing.  :msmarvel: I was not prepared for that.

But I feared that it was gonna have the pilot syndrome, where the first episode is the best creatively. Just like Loki, Moonknight, etc... and well, it was.

Episode 2 was beyond boring. If it weren't for the last minutes were she displayed her powers (which I still think are the worst part of the show), the entire episode would've been skippable content. 

Hope this gets better, cause Marvel has been serving inconsistency with their series...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.