TV Fanatics 📺

Wicked

On 6/1/2023 at 8:36 AM, Leptine said:

Honestly it's a sort of long dull period when it comes tv shows in general, not sure if it's me being nauseated from too much tv in the last years, even the shows of the moments are not exciting me much like for example the last season of 'Succession' that I found incredibly boring and tedious, I still have to see the finale, but overall that was the feeling.

I recently watched 'Swarm', that was really good and interesting, a nice exception in this period.

Ditto, but Succession final season was excellent imo, the character dialogue in that show >>>

I started the bear to see what all the hype is about, maybe i'll grow to like it

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McNulty

• Wicked

• Maddox

• Mr Greenbird

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, KasioKas said:

Ditto, but Succession final season was excellent imo, the character dialogue in that show >>>

I started the bear to see what all the hype is about, maybe i'll grow to like it

The dialogues of 'Succession' were excellent overall but honestly this last season didn't do it for me, I was expecting a more brilliant and less expected plot for the final season, it was coherent, it made sense but they also play safe imo, I found some episodes and moments boring at time, not to mention repetitive.

I'm planning to try 'the Bear' as well.

Succession is still the best thing to happen on TV this year

The Bear is great too

4 hours ago, PoKiTaurus said:

I still love rewatching Golden Girls and Storage Wars :heart2:

You better try a comedy called Soap from Golden Girls creator Susan Harris. 3 seasons on Tubi and will need to pirate season 4 though. Basically soap opera parody comedy but brilliantly written.

I just watched the Bear S02E06 and... HOLY ****

the episode was so messy and intense, all the surprise cameos were amazing. I didn't even feel like I watched a one hour episode. the episode felt as

chaotic as "Review" from season 1. Also the cast acted their asses off during the episode

Jamie Lee Curtis and Jon Bernthal and Bob Odenkirk are coming for their Emmys

On 7/4/2023 at 2:21 PM, Mr Greenbird said:

I tend to watch limited series on weekend recently but don't know what to choose.

The things I recently watched:

Black Bird - Thought script was just bad

A Teacher - yeah this was a no also lol

The Plot Against America and Five Days at Memorial - Thought these were great as well. 

I'm kind of sick of crime dramas but don't have many options.. Roots 1977, Fleishman Is in Trouble (heard it's overall okay at best but had standout moments)

Nice to see you back :bird:

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 1:09 AM, Mr Greenbird said:

Currently focusing on classic TV as well

The Wonder Years / All in the Family / The Dick Van Dyke Show / MASH / Thirtysomething / Homicide etc. Old but gold

I'm watching the bolded too, I see a lot of social media buzz around Thirtysomething so I added it to the list. All In the Family is funny. 

On 6/30/2023 at 11:48 AM, McNulty said:

I finally decided to start The Leftovers after it has been sitting in my watchlist for years.

This is one of my favorites, incredible series. 

On 7/4/2023 at 8:21 AM, Mr Greenbird said:

I tend to watch limited series on weekend recently but don't know what to choose.

The things I recently watched:

Black Bird - Thought script was just bad

A Teacher - yeah this was a no also lol

The Plot Against America and Five Days at Memorial - Thought these were great as well. 

I'm kind of sick of crime dramas but don't have many options.. Roots 1977, Fleishman Is in Trouble (heard it's overall okay at best but had standout moments)

Are you on Serialized, friend? I enjoyed Black Bird for the performances, but I agree the script was lacking in comparison. 

There's a lot of interesting TV scholarship happening bc of the strike, wish it was better maintained. 

The Righteous Gemstones is the best TV show I've seen all year, didn't watch The Bear S2 yet.

Edited by Wicked

On 7/14/2023 at 1:56 AM, Leptine said:

Nice to see you back :bird:

Hello, how are you doing? Hope you're enjoying TV Life!

Edited by Mr Greenbird

On 8/7/2023 at 1:53 AM, Wicked said:

I'm watching the bolded too, I see a lot of social media buzz around Thirtysomething so I added it to the list. All In the Family is funny. 

Are you on Serialized, friend? I enjoyed Black Bird for the performances, but I agree the script was lacking in comparison. 

Hello, how are you doing?

About Thirtysomething I just finished series, pretty great dry mood relationship-friendship drama I'd say.. It did some wonder for me cause I rarely enjoy these kind of things (4/5 for my rate)

Very senstivie, chill and kinda cinematic. 

also yes, I moved from TV Time cause it became incrediblely laggy 

https://www.serializd.com/user/Lowell_Ballantine/profile

Edited by Mr Greenbird
  • Like 1

Some thoughts recently

- The Wonder Years was very relatable series with decent writing but it was beyond annoying level with relationship story-wise.

- Night Court was funny wacky show with stellar performers

- I found Little House on the Prairie is incredibly cheesy but it does some wonders with villians. 

- The Cosby Show is very comfort television (Despite what Bill Cosby did ;_;) Highly recommended. 

- Get Smart's lead character feels too dumb but it's simple and decent watch. 

- The Twilight Zone 1959 is not that worth watching after season 1.

- A Small Light was great limited series; I was very surprised it didn't get major Emmy nominations, especially for Bel Powley's acting. 

Edited by Mr Greenbird

5 hours ago, Mr Greenbird said:

Hello, how are you doing? Hope you're enjoying TV Life!

I'm fine thank you, at the end I got into K-Dramas (and music as well) in the last years, I remember you were suggesting me them back in the day :smile:

On 8/6/2023 at 6:57 PM, Wicked said:

There's a lot of interesting TV scholarship happening bc of the strike, wish it was better maintained. 

The Righteous Gemstones is the best TV show I've seen all year, didn't watch The Bear S2 yet.

'The Bear' S2 was excellent, it deserves all the hype, I fear it's gonna be hard maintain that level for season 3.

• Like 1

Do you know what happened to FutureHive? Are you still in contact with him? @Wicked

This has been to me the best show of the year so far, sad to see it didn't get any hype.

1921390.jpg

On 8/12/2023 at 8:16 AM, Mr Greenbird said:

Hello, how are you doing?

About Thirtysomething I just finished series, pretty great dry mood relationship-friendship drama I'd say.. It did some wonder for me cause I rarely enjoy these kind of things (4/5 for my rate)

Very senstivie, chill and kinda cinematic. 

also yes, I moved from TV Time cause it became incrediblely laggy 

https://www.serializd.com/user/Lowell_Ballantine/profile

I'm good! Thirtysomething sounds interesting.

On 8/12/2023 at 2:14 PM, Leptine said:

Do you know what happened to FutureHive? Are you still in contact with him? @Wicked

No idea tbh, don't think I friended him on any socials. 

On 7/4/2023 at 11:21 PM, PoKiTaurus said:

I still love rewatching Golden Girls and Storage Wars :heart2:

same rn

On 7/5/2023 at 3:39 AM, Mr Greenbird said:

You better try a comedy called Soap from Golden Girls creator Susan Harris. 3 seasons on Tubi and will need to pirate season 4 though. Basically soap opera parody comedy but brilliantly written.

how have I not heard of this I'll check it out

NYPD Blue : I started this cause I enjoyed Hill Street Blues (same creators’). But unlike HSB which was great ensemble drama, NYPD Blue is one of most procedural thing I ever seen so I’m dropping this after season 1. Kind of shame I thought the writing is good but couldn’t stand the pattern.

Barney Miller : This is great! Great talented multiracial casts with limited police station set.l, meanwhile writing is pretty decent. 

Also dropped The Twilight Zone 1959 also.

Edited by Mr Greenbird

On 8/12/2023 at 3:25 PM, Leptine said:

This has been to me the best show of the year so far, sad to see it didn't get any hype.

1921390.jpg

Looking at this poster I have absolutely NO IDEA what this show could even be about? There's two very dull looking people that could be anywhere from 16-42 on the reflection of a glass with distorted AI looking graphics, the name reminds me of God pooping... for some reason, and apparently this all involves a competition lol. I wouldn't watch this at all, this is horrible lol.

• Thumbs Down 2

27 minutes ago, Lexiel said:

Looking at this poster I have absolutely NO IDEA what this show could even be about? There's two very dull looking people that could be anywhere from 16-42 on the reflection of a glass with distorted AI looking graphics, the name reminds me of God pooping... for some reason, and apparently this all involves a competition lol. I wouldn't watch this at all, this is horrible lol.

This is honestly one of the dumbest takes I've ever read on this site, imagine entering on a "tv fanatics" related thread and judging negatively and superficially a whole tv show without even knowing anything about it just from the look and graphic of a poster that nobody cares in 2023, including coming for the look of the main characters, being this superficial in order to appear edgy is certainly horrible instead.

On 8/16/2023 at 10:22 AM, Lexiel said:

Posters don't really amount to much or are the center of television promotion really nowadays, try the trailer and see if it interests you. I didn't care for the first 3 episodes so I didn't continue but it's actually one of the best looking shows of the year. 

1 hour ago, McNulty said:

Holy sh*t! The Leftovers Season 2 was incredible!!!!

THAT WAS CINEMA :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

Buckle up for season 3... Because it is a RIDE. I can't wait to rewatch soon. 

• Like 1

oop i had no idea this thread was a thing.
i've really needed something new to watch recently. im way too fussy but i think i need to give the bear a go.
and finish better call saul :gaycat6:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.