TV Fanatics 📺

Wicked

1 hour ago, Outlaws said:

Guys, can anyone suggest/recommend any shows as great as The Handmaids Tale, Mr. Robot, Ozark, Breaking Bad, Hannibal, etc?

As in very mature, amazing episodes, etc. I need to find a TV show that's up there with those :chick3:

23 minutes ago, Outlaws said:

Thank you. I've had both Severance and Succession in mind. I might give them a try.

Thanks. It's super old but I guess it's a must watch.

Succession is a must watch. THEE best ongoing show rn

Severance is really great too. But some of people find the pacing is slow (for me it’s perfect)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McNulty

• Wicked

• Maddox

• Mr Greenbird

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, McNulty said:

Episode 7... WOW I was so mind blown. :jonny5:

Camry, Sydney and Richie need to get their emmys next year

This had to be awards bait, he killed it.

btw, if you guys are looking for like related sites since AV Club fell off, a lot of their old staff went to primetimer. https://www.primetimer.com/

They just had an interesting series to celebrate HBOs 50 years, these are the pieces:

https://www.primetimer.com/features/hbo-evolution-the-sopranos-true-blood-insecure-house-of-the-dragon

https://www.primetimer.com/features/hbo-pulitzer-prize-prestige-tv

https://www.primetimer.com/features/hbo-girls-reappraisal-lena-dunham-jenni-konner

netflix's highest being 15. whew quantity over quality there.

last year, one of their shows cracked the top 10.

e0934a4111e66c1558e381044b3d9262

• 3 months later...

I don't even be on here like that no more but since I don't have your twt (or serialized) @Maddox I was wrong about Succession wow, and Barry is living up to the hype. 

On 12/27/2022 at 11:43 PM, Maddox said:

Hi @Leptine, hope ur doing good :hug: Have you started Fleishman Is in Trouble ? The fact that Claire Danes is on a hit FX series while Keri Russell is doing a movie called Cocaine Bear... 2018 me could not believe it :dies:

Welp, I'm casually reading this tag only now, I didn't get the notification back in the day, I guess it happened when ATRL was at the peak of its messiness with errors and stuff :deadbanana:I'm fine by the way, hope you too, I heard about that Danes show but I haven't checked it, aside from popular releases I'm not really kept up with tv shows in general.

• 4 weeks later...

probably hot take but Barry season 4 was just okay.

or HBO shouldn't have put it with Succession, Barry kinda pales in the comparison

On 5/1/2023 at 6:59 PM, Wicked said:

I don't even be on here like that no more but since I don't have your twt (or serialized) @Maddox I was wrong about Succession wow, and Barry is living up to the hype. 

Hey sis :heart2: Hope you're doing good!! I don't go to twitter much (Elon really f*cked it up...) I only lurk on the TV section on Reddit lol

Right!!! Billions who :fan: And wheww what an ending, so predictable and yet so thrilling to watch :jonny5: I'm truly going to miss those guys!!

Have you started the new Dave season?

On 5/2/2023 at 12:19 AM, Leptine said:

Welp, I'm casually reading this tag only now, I didn't get the notification back in the day, I guess it happened when ATRL was at the peak of its messiness with errors and stuff :deadbanana:I'm fine by the way, hope you too, I heard about that Danes show but I haven't checked it, aside from popular releases I'm not really kept up with tv shows in general.

Oh i'm glad :hug: (It's funny bc i have not been receiving notifications either lol, perhaps it's from this website or something)

And yeah i haven't been watching much TV either. I thought by creating that Serialized account i'd motivate myself and yet lol...

Well Keri seemed to have that new Netflix series but it was described as "Veep but lame" so i couldn't bother but good for her 

On 5/29/2023 at 10:38 PM, Mr.Fenty said:

or HBO shouldn't have put it with Succession, Barry kinda pales in the comparison

This feels a little petty to admit but i feel vindicated in seeing some of the lukewarm responses to this new season lol :fan: I mean the signs were already there with the previous two but people were just blinded by the "genius" of Hader... 

When the normies will eventually compare him to Peele once his horror movie is out :dancehall2:

On 5/29/2023 at 5:38 PM, Mr.Fenty said:

11 hours ago, Maddox said:

This feels a little petty to admit but i feel vindicated in seeing some of the lukewarm responses to this new season lol :fan: I mean the signs were already there with the previous two but people were just blinded by the "genius" of Hader... 

When the normies will eventually compare him to Peele once his horror movie is out :dancehall2:

Barry FLOPPED after those initial episodes lmfao, overall, a 3.5/5 series at best I'm so disappointed. Justice for Mr. Inbetween.

12 hours ago, Maddox said:

Hey sis :heart2: Hope you're doing good!! I don't go to twitter much (Elon really f*cked it up...) I only lurk on the TV section on Reddit lol

Right!!! Billions who :fan: And wheww what an ending, so predictable and yet so thrilling to watch :jonny5: I'm truly going to miss those guys!!

Have you started the new Dave season?

Oh i'm glad :hug: (It's funny bc i have not been receiving notifications either lol, perhaps it's from this website or something)

And yeah i haven't been watching much TV either. I thought by creating that Serialized account i'd motivate myself and yet lol...

Well Keri seemed to have that new Netflix series but it was described as "Veep but lame" so i couldn't bother but good for her 

I'm cool, I mainly stick to twitter and reddit, and now the serializd discord. Better than Billions yeah, I still don't think I'm as in love with it as critics and the superstans though. This season was great though, especially Skarsgaard. 

I don't think I've felt super strongly about a show since Better Call Saul ended, I'm hoping that changes... This season of Dave is even more derivative of Atlanta to me and because of that I've been having trouble watching every week. At some point Lil Dicky kinda has to move past the "oh I'm sorry I'm a white rapper but I do really believe in equality for Black people" angle because you basically got a TV show with no real entertainment background and you didn't work as hard as Donald Glover did, it's annoying to watch him take jabs at Atlanta through the show. GaTa is a standout though, I haven't seen the last 2 or 3 eps but I really need him to get his own show or spinoff asap.

14 hours ago, Maddox said:

Honestly it's a sort of long dull period when it comes tv shows in general, not sure if it's me being nauseated from too much tv in the last years, even the shows of the moments are not exciting me much like for example the last season of 'Succession' that I found incredibly boring and tedious, I still have to see the finale, but overall that was the feeling.

I recently watched 'Swarm', that was really good and interesting, a nice exception in this period.

On 5/30/2023 at 12:38 AM, Mr.Fenty said:

I just binged the final season and yeah it was okay overall, it started off really great but became meh after the time jump

I'm 6 seasons into a rewatch of 'The Shield', the unsung hero of the golden age of television. This show is so incredible. When I'm done I'll finish Justified in time for the new miniseries. 

Seems TV is slowing, I don't have heavy weekly schedules like I used to. Now I'm just trying to watch older stuff. 

On 6/1/2023 at 8:45 AM, Wicked said:

I'm cool, I mainly stick to twitter and reddit, and now the serializd discord. Better than Billions yeah, I still don't think I'm as in love with it as critics and the superstans though. This season was great though, especially Skarsgaard. 

I don't think I've felt super strongly about a show since Better Call Saul ended, I'm hoping that changes... This season of Dave is even more derivative of Atlanta to me and because of that I've been having trouble watching every week. At some point Lil Dicky kinda has to move past the "oh I'm sorry I'm a white rapper but I do really believe in equality for Black people" angle because you basically got a TV show with no real entertainment background and you didn't work as hard as Donald Glover did, it's annoying to watch him take jabs at Atlanta through the show. GaTa is a standout though, I haven't seen the last 2 or 3 eps but I really need him to get his own show or spinoff asap.

very telling that the general consensus on season 3 on Reddit is that it's better than season 2 when the show at least tried to say something different. Season 3 is kinda hit or miss to me. I liked the final 3 episodes of the season but they all were celebrity heavy so memberberries probably played its role.

I agree, Lil Dicky needs to try a different angle but I wonder if he was spooked by the reaction to season 2

• 2 weeks later...

Currently focusing on classic TV as well

The Wonder Years / All in the Family / The Dick Van Dyke Show / MASH / Thirtysomething / Homicide etc. Old but gold

Happy Valley S03

the show came back after 8 years and gave us an amazing season and an ending to the show. Sarah Lancashire and James Norton are really good f***ing actors. their scene at the end was absolutely amazing.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel S05

I really liked that season and a very good bounce after a very forgettable 4th season. I'm glad they focused on the main story and gave a great ending for the show. I'm gonna miss the show very much like the show made me feel joyful from the fun production design, witty dialog, amazing cinematography smart writing and wonderful acting from the whole cast.

I truly hope Tony Shalhoub/Rachel Brosnahan/Alex Borstein can repeat and win an emmy for this season especially Tony

• ATRL Moderator

Just finished my entire Veronica Mars re-watch (including the move and season 4) and GOD how I miss that show and that character :wanda:Now that Perry Mason has been cancelled (which was unsurprising but still) I need another Private Investigator Neo-noir show to dive into. It's such a niche genre but when done right can make some of the most compelling television. 

Planning on rewatching all of Twin Peaks as well sometime this summer but I'm juggling way too many shows right now (iCarly, The Other Two, Silo, Ted Lasso, The Big Door Prize, Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Flash, Never Have I Ever, and Secret Invasion :rip:)

On 6/21/2023 at 8:09 AM, Mr Greenbird said:

Currently focusing on classic TV as well

The Wonder Years / All in the Family / The Dick Van Dyke Show / MASH / Thirtysomething / Homicide etc. Old but gold

I've been meaning to start watching Homicide. the only David Simon show I haven't seen + I wonder if Sam's dad is better in making tv :fan:

16 hours ago, Mr.Fenty said:

I've been meaning to start watching Homicide. the only David Simon show I haven't seen + I wonder if Sam's dad is better in making tv :fan:

Great one! I thought it's best procedural ever I watched so far.

• Like 1

I tend to watch limited series on weekend recently but don't know what to choose.

The things I recently watched:

Black Bird - Thought script was just bad

A Teacher - yeah this was a no also lol

The Plot Against America and Five Days at Memorial - Thought these were great as well. 

I'm kind of sick of crime dramas but don't have many options.. Roots 1977, Fleishman Is in Trouble (heard it's overall okay at best but had standout moments)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.