2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

23 minutes ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I hate to say it but I don't know a single potential Democratic 2024 nominee with enough fire to stand to Desantis. We gotta come up with someone... and fast 

DeSantis 2024 isn't a problem you have to worry about. If he actually runs, Trump will skin him alive and make him look extremely weak on the debate stage. If he wins, Trump runs a high risk of initiating a kamikaze campaign to punish the party for not nominating him and possibly pulling the same stunt Ross Perot did that got Clinton elected in 1992.

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

DeSantis 2024 isn't a problem you have to worry about. If he actually runs, Trump will skin him alive and make him look extremely weak on the debate stage. If he wins, Trump runs a high risk of initiating a kamikaze campaign to punish the party for not nominating him and possibly pulling the same stunt Ross Perot did that got Clinton elected in 1992.

That is true, here’s hoping the GOP truly implodes 

1 minute ago, brooklyndaddy said:

That is true, here’s hoping the GOP truly implodes 

I’m feeling like DeSantis’s best position he can take is to hold off on running until 2028. Then he has an easy opponent in Kamala and basically a clear field since he’s by far the most dominant and popular Republican. Trump running a race of his own and letting the chips fall where they may could be the best thing the Republican Party as a whole could do for themselves. The American economy will probably be in the toilet thanks to JPow triggering a recession so…

45 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

what did Ross Merlot do?

Just now, spree said:

what did Ross Merlot do?

Ross Perot ran third party and ended up soaking millions of votes away from George HW Bush, who would’ve likely won his re-election bid against Clinton otherwise.

So you could say we have Ross Perot to blame for Hillary Clinton being a thing and this Trump’s presidency :cm: 

On 11/26/2022 at 11:07 PM, Mike91 said:

She's infinitely more likable than they are so it wouldn't be that surprising. 

Will be rooting for Fetterman though.

Whitmer is a hated BIG TIME by the Right. They see her as a dangerous communist dictator. It’s why 13 men tried to kidnap her! She’s a QAnon boogeyman. I feel bad for her. She must be looking over her shoulder every day of her life. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretchen_Whitmer_kidnapping_plot

Edited by Horizon Flame

I just....don't understand how someone can be this dumb. :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, brooklyndaddy said:

I hate to say it but I don't know a single potential Democratic 2024 nominee with enough fire to stand to Desantis. We gotta come up with someone... and fast 

Desantis is a joke? Do you think anyone knows who he is outside of his state? Have you heard him debate? :ahh: 

All the republicans that plan on running against Trump in 2024 are hoping that he will get indicted and destroys himself before the primary even begins. They know they can’t actually beat him, but they want to be visible replacements incase he steps down. 

If DeSantis wants to be president, he needs to run now while he has momentum. If he waits til 2028, he will lose steam and be forgotten like Rubio in 2016. 

44 minutes ago, Vroom Vroom said:

All the republicans that plan on running against Trump in 2024 are hoping that he will get indicted and destroys himself before the primary even begins.

That's too bad cause it won't be happening. I don't see him being indicted on anything that actually sticks. And, should anything crop up, there's always going to be some low level guy(s) who take the fall like we saw with the Stormy Daniels thing.

But Republicans will deserve whatever havoc Trump's wreaks on them. They had a chance to neuter him during the Jan 6th impeachment trial. Nancy even said she'd make sure he could never run again if the Senate Republicans had just grown a backbone and convicted. Now they have to live with the consequences of their actions.

Rev. Raphael Warnock Milli about to slay. Come on Main Pop Senator of Georgia end Herschel Walker Graham Cruz Petty  :clap3: 

6 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I’m so bored with Twitter always responding to this fool. It seems like

they enjoy all this BS. They live off the faux drama.

Story below is what above recap is based on (and the numbers do check out based on the original NYT reporting as the blog seemed sketchy - anyways hopefully y'all don't get subscription blocks on NYT if interested)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.