2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, montacelo said:

What do you guys will think will happen with the student loan forgiveness??ย 

I could see the Supreme Court siding against Biden and then him going around it someway.ย 

ย 

Daddy shutting down the CNN clowns. We love to see it.ย :jonny5:

3 hours ago, montacelo said:

What do you guys will think will happen with the student loan forgiveness??ย 

Unfortunately, I think it will be blocked by the courts and Biden will essentially say, well, at least I tried. But that was always has plan, any way.

ย 

Biden was never in genuine support of student debt forgiveness and his political career shows that. All the more reason why he suddenly pushed for it when midterms was nearing. Just to say to young voters he tried to move the needle on student debt. But his hands are tied, lol.

So how did Florida become America's MAGA oasis?

ย 

And why are so many Hispanic voters starting to gravitate towards the GQP?

24 minutes ago, HBK-79 said:

ย 

After the Cuban revolution led by Fidel Castro in 1959, a Cuban exodus began as the new government allied itself with the Soviet Union and began to introduce communism. From 1960 to 1979, tens of thousands of Cubans left Cuba,[6] with the vast majority coming from Cuba's educated, landowning upper class.[7]

ย 

1 hour ago, HBK-79 said:

ย 

itโ€™s populated by wealthy people and retirees. Even the city of Miami has official numbers that latino immigrants who now live in the city are from a privileged economic backgrounds. Also, the local Florida Democratic Party is a complete **** show, and as always the national party is not going to invest to build up the local party so lmaooo

Unfortunately Ms. Pelosi assumed media worked the same as it did when she was coming up (you could see that in her frustration with Wolf Blitzer). But the reality in 2022 is that mainstream media is a pro bono RNC comms operation.

ย 

Mr. Jeffries seems to understand that new paradigm. Media is the enemy of the people (and the champion of their owner), so you have to manage them with that in mind, in a way that doesnโ€™t allow them to propagandize.

46 minutes ago, Kassi said:

in a way that doesnโ€™t allow them to propagandize.

I wonder if that's why he made his single largest donation of $5k to an anti-abortion Democrat who then used said funds to mock his progressive opponent for being groomed as a minor and labeled her a homewrecker.

ย 

ratio3x2_1800.jpg

10 hours ago, Communion said:

I wonder if that's why he made his single largest donation of $5k to an anti-abortion Democrat who then used said funds to mock his progressive opponent for being groomed as a minor and labeled her a homewrecker.

ย 

ratio3x2_1800.jpg

You will literally never get me to disagree with backing your SITTING members. Like, I legitimately donโ€™t care about this 3 time loser. I donโ€™t know how I can make this any more clear.ย ย :jonnycat:

(Though if she ever won I would become her biggest defender of her seat.ย :fish1:)

ย 

Realize that youโ€™re asking us to care about challengersย to already Democratic seats i.e. an exercise in futility. And I cannot expend the energy to care. If Cisneros would have won, Republicans would still hold the House. Likeโ€ฆ the attachment yaโ€™ll have to this LOSER is unhealthy. Have her run for a Republican seat and then we can talk.

1 hour ago, slik said:

People using 'Home Wrecker' as a political attack in 2022 should be ashamed of themselvesย 

Of course, but then you have sociopaths like those in this thread who have the privilege to not care about such harmful attacks on marginalized people that they don't care if a working class Latina or a staunch anti-abortionist wins even when the latter turns off the kind of votes you need in the state to then win something like a governor's race.ย 

31 minutes ago, Kassi said:

with backing your SITTING members

ย 

Odd how this didn't apply to India Walton, who became the sitting Democrat the moment she won the primary and Jay Jacobs compared her to David Duke and Jeffries defended Jacobs amid calls to resignย :michael:

28 minutes ago, Communion said:

Odd how this didn't apply to India Walton, who became the sitting Democrat the moment she won the primary and Jay Jacobs compared her to David Duke and Jeffries defended Jacobs amid calls to resignย :michael:

Clearly NY Dems have issues to work on (see Maloney/Jones debacle). But thatโ€™s none of my business, you NJ/NY girlies can work those out.ย 
ย 

From what I can see, all of that could have been avoided BY sticking to Pelosiโ€™s maxim. If it ainโ€™t broke, donโ€™t fix it.ย :cm:

5 minutes ago, Communion said:

ย 

ratio3x2_1800.jpg

Well, the same liberals are largely also people who believe Monica Lewinsky was entirely to blame for Clintonโ€™s public image tanking and his impeachment. Groomers and cheaters are the victims.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.