2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Espresso said:

ย 

The way this whole thing looked like a clown car operation and then it actually was :redface:

Ofc Trump would be bothered that Kanye was asking him to his running mate. Two, both figuratively, and literally, huge narcissists having a dick measuring contest :bibliahh:ย 

Edited by A Bomb

ย 

The ACLU and NGO's will be ready with lawsuits when they start so I guess we wait to see when that happens.ย 

ย 

Giuliani (but more prominently Bloomberg) deja vu. And we all know how that worked out.ย 

I already unpacked Hakeem pages ago so I'll wait for others to give their thoughts before I revisit.ย 

ย 

I only really care about the Jay Jacobs connection regarding the NY Dems meltdown and Hochul circling the wagons.

ย 

The progressive caucus breakdown has only just started so I won't break that down either.

ย 

ย 

All right, I lied. My cheap short take addendum before I forget.

ย 

I have my problems with Hakeem based largely on several of his donors and his primary meddling, but the Progressive Caucus has little to no hand here which is why the vote was unanimous.

ย 

They've dashed much of their power severely with recent moves such as the disastrous Ukraine policy roll-out that single-handedly destroyed Jayapal's chances for higher office.

ย 

In terms of politicking, I've seen the argument that until the progressives (despite better policies) work faster, better, and smarter, this is going to continue to happen. Which I'll also let you all unpack.

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

ย 

How does Trump plan on winning Georgia (and the presidency) in 2024 if he knows that if he is too toxic to campaign for Walker? If he is too toxic in 2022, he will still be too toxic in 2024.ย 
ย 

I canโ€™t see Trump winning in 2024 if he is unable to pick up Georgiaย 

1 hour ago, Vroom Vroom said:

How does Trump plan on winning Georgia (and the presidency) in 2024 if he knows that if he is too toxic to campaign for Walker? If he is too toxic in 2022, he will still be too toxic in 2024.ย 
ย 

I canโ€™t see Trump winning in 2024 if he is unable to pick up Georgiaย 

Everything depends on conditions on the ground in 2024. If there is a recession, which Bidenโ€™s Trump-appointed Fed Chair that he willingly re-nominated and kept on is desperately trying to create one, then Trump has every chance in the world to be re-elected.

ย 

Iโ€™ll admit it seems less likely now with the recent midterm results. But Biden is still deeply unpopular, and his failing to pull through on student debt (likely intentional) and his disgusting union busting may do him in with the demographics that narrowly allowed him to squeak by.

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

All right, I lied. My cheap short take addendum before I forget.

ย 

I have my problems with Hakeem based largely on several of his donors and his primary meddling, but the Progressive Caucus has little to no hand here which is why the vote was unanimous.

ย 

They've dashed much of their power severely with recent moves such as the disastrous Ukraine policy roll-out that single-handedly destroyed Jayapal's chances for higher office.

ย 

In terms of politicking, I've seen the argument that until the progressives (despite better policies) work faster, better, and smarter, this is going to continue to happen. Which I'll also let you all unpack.

They straight up just donโ€™t have it in them. Theyโ€™ve been brow-beaten into becoming a unity at all costs faction, even backing people who are openly hostile to them. He will openly back challengers to Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and AOC in 2024 as part of his quest to avenge his former mentor, Crowley. Itโ€™ll likely cause some degree of infighting, but no one in the CPC will have any courage to actually stand up to him and call him out for it. Jayapal certainly wonโ€™t. I find it hard to believe that sheโ€™d be re-elected chair of the CPC.

ย 

Case in point:

ย 

ย 

The fact that AOC, Ilhan, Pressley, Bush, and Bowman all voted to union-bust shows how far theyโ€™ve all fallen. Ro and Pramila disappointed as per usual. Only Tlaib and Pocan (out of all the former Bernie surrogates) remotely showed a spine in standing up to Biden and Pelosi here.

ย 

3 hours ago, Living To Tell said:

ย 

Maybe the jan sixers made a point or two :redface:

25 minutes ago, slik said:

ย 

ย 

Looking at the ratings for the cable news programs from Monday...

ย 

Fox News

The Five - 3.44 million

Tucker Carlson - 3.16 million

Jesse Waters - 2.93 million

Bret Baier - 2.66 million

Hannity - 2.34 million

Gutfeld - 1.87 million

Laura Ingraham - 1.80 million

ย 

MSNBC

Maddow - 2.29 million

Reidout - 1.33 million

ย 

CNN

Erin Burnett - 850k

Andersoon Cooper - 740k

ย 

Nothing else cracked the top 50 for the day

2 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Everything depends on conditions on the ground in 2024. If there is a recession, which Bidenโ€™s Trump-appointed Fed Chair that he willingly re-nominated and kept on is desperately trying to create one, then Trump has every chance in the world to be re-elected.

ย 

Iโ€™ll admit it seems less likely now with the recent midterm results. But Biden is still deeply unpopular, and his failing to pull through on student debt (likely intentional) and his disgusting union busting may do him in with the demographics that narrowly allowed him to squeak by.

Yeah midterm results were definitely comforting that Trump probably doesn't have the independent support he'd need to win a general election in 2024, but people acting like he has no chance are just running the risk of a 2016 repeat.

ย 

Like he just would need to win a couple states that for the most part were won by like at most a 1 point margin for the midterms, so much can happen between now and then to get him that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.