2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

It's so odd to see liberals try and leverage patriotism as some convincing argument to win over anti-Trump conservatives despite only like 1 successful conversion for every 10,000 attempts. And knowing where that energy could be better spent punching up.ย 

ย 

At least most know said rhetoric is useless the other way around.

ย 

"If you don't vote for Biden, you hate this beautiful country!!!"

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Communion
  • Thumbs Down 2

• Replies 22.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

So I thought Biden's red line was Rafah? Why have I seen US boots on the ground in Gaza as if this is a US invasion? :confused:ย What's the truth?ย 

ย 

ย 

"BIdEn sUcKs"ย 

6 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

ย 

"BIdEn sUcKs"ย 

Trump being bad and Biden sucking are not mutually exclusive conditions.

ย 

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

ย 

ย 

"BIdEn sUcKs"ย 

Biden more than sucks. He's the worst president in living memory. Just awful. Can't believe he out-eviled Trump but he sure did.ย 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Eat The Acid said:

Biden more than sucks. He's the worst president in living memory. Just awful. Can't believe he out-eviled Trump but he sure did.ย 

If you believe he's a worse president over all than Trump that just shows how much of an idiot you are. Or you are just lying. Sorry ๐Ÿคท

Edited by GhostBox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, GhostBox said:

If you believe he's a worse president over all than Trump that just shows how much of an idiot you are. Or you are just lying. Sorry ๐Ÿคท

Really? Dont get me wrong. Trump is an evil narcissistic maniac. But tell me what he did during his term that's worse than genocide?

3 minutes ago, Eat The Acid said:

Really? Dont get me wrong. Trump is an evil narcissistic maniac. But tell me what he did during his term that's worse than genocide?

Enjoy project25 hun xx

11 minutes ago, TOKYO. said:

Enjoy project25 hun xx

You didn't answer: But tell me what he did during his term that's worse thanย genocide?

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

You didn't answer: But tell me what he did during his term that's worse thanย genocide?

Joe Biden isn't committing genocide. You can argue he is an accomplice, but he himself is not pulling the trigger. You need to get real on this, because by your logic, Trump laid the foundation for this genocide by moving the US embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. This 1) emboldened Israel to feel like they could do whatever they want bc the US was now recognizing their Zionism and 2) pissed off Hamas enough to launch an attack on Israel for taking holy land

ย 

aside from that, trump empowered nimwits like you to dig their heels in on realities that are fudged just enough that they become widespread fact.ย 
ย 

then he appointed three justices that will continue to change the this country for the worse. Want to legally dismantle the military complex that supplies these weapons to Israel? Good luck with a Supreme Court that will strike down any major tactical shift and punt it to congressย 

ย 

oh, what about when he called actual troops on his own people to clear the church for a photo op with a bible? Firing on your own citizens

ย 

or let's go back to when Islamophobia really took off again with his Muslim ban

ย 

Trump would unequivocally support Israel, period. And your head in the sand and distortion of reality is making Biden's job that much harder. If the protests in the street were against the actual genocidal assholes with their fingers on the trigger, Biden would've dumped Netanyahu et. al. already.

ย 

but your side is incapable of specificity, incapable of critical thought (i.e. not criticism), incapable of mobilizing anyone outside of the chronically online to move their asses on this horror. And for your egos, you have just as much blood on your hands as Biden.

ย 

He may be supplying the weapons, but you're stoking the flames that keep people misinformed and pissed off.ย 

• Thumbs Down 4

By supplying the weapons, Joe Biden is an accomplice to genocide. He owns this just as fully as Netanyahu does:

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, thesegayz said:

by your logic, Trump laid the foundation for this genocide by moving the US embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. This 1) emboldened Israel to feel like they could do whatever they want bc the US was now recognizing their Zionism and 2) pissed off Hamas enough to launch an attack on Israel for taking holy land

Where is this being denied by those criticizing Biden on this topic? They're not mutually exclusive.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Espresso said:

Where is this being denied by those criticizing Biden on this topic? They're not mutually exclusive.

Ghost Box pretty much insinuated the same with his mocking "BiDeN sUcKs" post a ways back. Got downvoted by him for pretty much saying exactly what you did here. Biden supporters truly don't believe you can be critical of one without being a fan of the other.

ย 

2 hours ago, thesegayz said:

because by your logic, Trump laid the foundation for this genocide by moving the US embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.

Yes, Biden and Trump are both contributors to genocide. What is confusing about demanding Biden stop?

and 2) pissed off Hamas enough to launch an attack on Israel for taking holy land

Also I'm sorry but I don't have the patience anymore.ย 

ย 

Of course religion helps fuel emotional sentiment but it's insidious to purposefully try and suggest 10/07 occured as a reaction to the moving of an embassy and somehow erase years of vicious assuaults, expanding occupation, human rights abuses, and more by the Israeli apartheid regime.ย 

ย 

Israeli settlers were taking over towns in the West Banks as mobs and committing pogroms just months before earlier, threatening to kill families and burning people's homes down. They were even joined by people serving in the Israeli government.ย 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

ย 

For several reasons this will be a negative partisanship election determined by base turn-out, not the margins.

ย 

Biden out of hubris and necessity for being locked into several policy positions, is counting almost solely on Roe to win him an entirely different strategy that's not remotely base-specific.

ย 

And for the extensive reasons I posted on here weeks ago, it will be the reason he loses. Starting with Gaza.

Joe Biden isn't committing genocide. You can argue he is an accomplice, but he himself is not pulling the trigger. You need to get real on this, because by your logic, Trump laid the foundation for this genocide by moving the US embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. This 1) emboldened Israel to feel like they could do whatever they want bc the US was now recognizing their Zionism and 2) pissed off Hamas enough to launch an attack on Israel for taking holy land

ย 

aside from that, trump empowered nimwits like you to dig their heels in on realities that are fudged just enough that they become widespread fact.ย 
ย 

then he appointed three justices that will continue to change the this country for the worse. Want to legally dismantle the military complex that supplies these weapons to Israel? Good luck with a Supreme Court that will strike down any major tactical shift and punt it to congressย 

ย 

oh, what about when he called actual troops on his own people to clear the church for a photo op with a bible? Firing on your own citizens

ย 

or let's go back to when Islamophobia really took off again with his Muslim ban

ย 

Trump would unequivocally support Israel, period. And your head in the sand and distortion of reality is making Biden's job that much harder. If the protests in the street were against the actual genocidal assholes with their fingers on the trigger, Biden would've dumped Netanyahu et. al. already.

ย 

but your side is incapable of specificity, incapable of critical thought (i.e. not criticism), incapable of mobilizing anyone outside of the chronically online to move their asses on this horror. And for your egos, you have just as much blood on your hands as Biden.

ย 

He may be supplying the weapons, but you're stoking the flames that keep people misinformed and pissed off.ย 

spacer.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.