2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

53 minutes ago, Bhabylon said:

... Right, yeah the only difference is that Trump would have called these college protestors terrorists. Lesser of two evils I guess. Or whatever it is that you genocide apologists say.

Donald Trump would've already called in the national guard and called them terrorists as well. So yes  he is the more evil one. 

• Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Espresso said:

I love this messaging.

Only fanatical freaks whose opinions are out of step with 99% of the country will take issue with it while opining on how it will hurt his re-election chances.

In reality, what Biden has said here is overwhelmingly popular across all age groups and demographics. No one is going to be gaslit anymore after the #Defund fiasco. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Oh he's actually unhinged. Even I wouldn't go this far.

This is the guy leftists went to the mat for? Yikes. :rip: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Edited by GhostBox

10 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Yes. See this is VILE. He is obviously still injured in the head. He needs help. 

10 minutes ago, Kassi said:

That's genuinely the standard fare of what you'd find on Morning Joe and Dana Bash. If these mainstream Democrat talking points are even too far for you, then maybe that should say something about what you are supporting.

The core Joe Biden constituency now is made up of Shai Davidai and Eric Adams.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

That's genuinely the standard fare of what you'd find on Morning Joe and Dana Bash. If these mainstream Democrat talking points are even too far for you, then maybe that should say something about what you are supporting.

The core Joe Biden constituency now is made up of Shai Davidai and Eric Adams.

My views are more nuanced. There's pro-Hamas and then there's dumb college students. :michael:

I think the majority are highly impressionable and likely confused college students.

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, Kassi said:

My views are more nuanced. There's pro-Hamas and then there's dumb college students. :michael:

I think the majority are highly impressionable and likely confused college students.

Not to mention it's not like colleges are invested in an "Israel fund." Not even invested in major companies' stock—they invest in mutual funds that blend a bunch of stock together. And sometimes those are secret to the hedge funds that manage them.

i really don't buy brown or northwestern's divestments—if you're invested in any of the military industrial complex, it's likely you're "profiting" from war

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

9b07ead6-ecaf-4ed4-b25a-8d88c4d65dd0.jpg

Anti-war student protests could be "Biden's Vietnam," Sen. Bernie Sanders tells CNN's Amanpour

The anti-war student protests unfolding across US campuses could be "Biden's Vietnam" moment, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont told CNN, warning that President Joe Biden's stance over Israel's war on Gaza may have alienated young voters.  

During an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour on Thursday, Sanders drew a parallel between the current protests and those that occurred during the presidency of Lyndon B. Johnson in the late 1960s when American students protested against the Vietnam War.  

"In terms of his campaign, I am thinking back and other people are making this reference that this may be Biden's Vietnam. Lyndon Johnson, in many respects, was a very, very good president... He chose not to run in 68 because of opposition to his views on Vietnam," Sanders said. 

"I worry very much that President Biden is putting himself in a position where he has alienated not just young people but a lot of the Democratic base in terms of his views on Israel and this war," Sanders added.  

The Independent senator highlighted the need to remember why students are demonstrating in such huge numbers, saying: "They are out there not because they are pro-Hamas. They are out there because they are outraged by what the Israeli government is now doing in Gaza."  

Sanders said he believes students who are protesting against sustained US aid to a "right wing extremist Netanyahu government" are doing so "for the right reasons."  

The politician told CNN that he hopes from both a "policy point of view and a moral point of view" that President Biden "stops giving a blank check to Netanyahu" and realizes that US support to Israel "has not been helpful."  

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/university-protests-pro-palestinian-israel-05-02-24/h_7a7261fab54033b03e8e5c88f7f74a12

Edited by nadiamendell
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kassi said:

Only fanatical freaks whose opinions are out of step with 99% of the country

*hyper-partisan gay men in their late 30s/early 40s living in huge metro cities on six-figure incomes*: I KNOW WHAT NORMAL EVERYDAY AMERICANS FEEL AND THINK!!!

Girl... :rip:

Out of tune with rural America.

Out of tune with working class America.

Can't even say you're in tune with Gen Z as an older millennial due to the massive discrepancy and partisan bias. 

It's like having an MSNBC panelist posting as a psyop. :deadbanana4:

Even as someone whose views align with actual, normal people (since most people are not part of the Top 10% of economic earners), I know that even such an interest in politics puts me at odds with the average American who is simply not tuned in and largely disapproves of most politics. It's completely unbelievable to anyone that both you and GhostBox genuinely think your hyper-partisan and sycophantic posts represent any average American. :rip:

Edited by Communion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

MSNBC panelist

Specifically on Morning Joe or the Andrea Mitchell Report :skull: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nadiamendell said:

9b07ead6-ecaf-4ed4-b25a-8d88c4d65dd0.jpg

Anti-war student protests could be "Biden's Vietnam," Sen. Bernie Sanders tells CNN's Amanpour

The anti-war student protests unfolding across US campuses could be "Biden's Vietnam" moment, Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont told CNN, warning that President Joe Biden's stance over Israel's war on Gaza may have alienated young voters.  

During an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour on Thursday, Sanders drew a parallel between the current protests and those that occurred during the presidency of Lyndon B. Johnson in the late 1960s when American students protested against the Vietnam War.  

"In terms of his campaign, I am thinking back and other people are making this reference that this may be Biden's Vietnam. Lyndon Johnson, in many respects, was a very, very good president... He chose not to run in 68 because of opposition to his views on Vietnam," Sanders said. 

"I worry very much that President Biden is putting himself in a position where he has alienated not just young people but a lot of the Democratic base in terms of his views on Israel and this war," Sanders added.  

The Independent senator highlighted the need to remember why students are demonstrating in such huge numbers, saying: "They are out there not because they are pro-Hamas. They are out there because they are outraged by what the Israeli government is now doing in Gaza."  

Sanders said he believes students who are protesting against sustained US aid to a "right wing extremist Netanyahu government" are doing so "for the right reasons."  

The politician told CNN that he hopes from both a "policy point of view and a moral point of view" that President Biden "stops giving a blank check to Netanyahu" and realizes that US support to Israel "has not been helpful."  

https://www.cnn.com/business/live-news/university-protests-pro-palestinian-israel-05-02-24/h_7a7261fab54033b03e8e5c88f7f74a12

Video:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Haha 2

Biden using the anti-semitism card once again... :skull:

He thought gaslighting college students with Zionist propaganda was a good idea.

aH2vhke.gif

"Dissent can never lead to disorder"

• Like 1

Joe Biden once again finds himself playing a major role in the history of progressive politics, as the antagonist. @Communion

• Like 1

"Dissent can never lead to disorder"

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Communion said:

*hyper-partisan gay men in their late 30s/early 40s living in huge metro cities on six-figure incomes*: I KNOW WHAT NORMAL EVERYDAY AMERICANS FEEL AND THINK!!!

Girl... :rip:

Out of tune with rural America.

Out of tune with working class America.

Can't even say you're in tune with Gen Z as an older millennial due to the massive discrepancy and partisan bias. 

It's like having an MSNBC panelist posting as a psyop. :deadbanana4:

Even as someone whose views align with actual, normal people (since most people are not part of the Top 10% of economic earners), I know that even such an interest in politics puts me at odds with the average American who is simply not tuned in and largely disapproves of most politics. It's completely unbelievable to anyone that both you and GhostBox genuinely think your hyper-partisan and sycophantic posts represent any average American. :rip:

These personal attacks will never land cause you don't know me.

They're always so cringey to read cause how the hell do you even come up with this stuff? You're out here writing entire fiction novels on internet strangers.

At least post a poll or something tangible showing that Americans support riots, violence, and lawbreaking to ground your opinion. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.