2024 US Election Megathread πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ›οΈ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.Β 
Β 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.Β 

Again can the NYT be anymore pressed πŸ˜‚

Β 

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

Exactly. Also Biden may be old but most of his views now are actually pretty up to date. When it comes to LGBT rights, women's rights, student loans, climate change ect. His views aren't old.Β 
Β 

Trump however is old and has outdated views on everything.Β 

They simply don't have a leg to stand on.

Β 

Biden was the first US Senator to introduce climate legislation in Congress in the 70s (!) and signed the largest climate investment in US history, he forced Obama's hand re: gay marriage before Obergefell and he's been unabashedly pro-trans, he continues to tackle student loan debt in the face of constitutional roadblocks, and is 100% pro-choice despite his personal pro-life position (which makes it mean even more).

The main thing they hate about him β€” whether they admit it or not β€” is that he's not aesthetically leftist. That's why they're trying to pin the *latest* episode in a 100 year conflict on him despite his longstanding two-state position.

Β 

It's honestly sad and pathetic to watch. They go on about FDRs achievements, yet completely disregard he projected a moderate tone AND personally green lit two atomic bombs that killed 300k civilians. Meanwhile, they act like Biden forced Hamas to attack and then made Bibi retaliate disproportionally.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

After 2016, 2018, 2020 and 2022 all having major polling misses, I think it's okay to not put much stock into them this election. Pollsters are clearly struggling to reach voters because nobody answers their phones or responds to strange survey texts/emails anymore.Β 

Β 

I think it's a useful tool, but in the last week we've gotten a Trump +9 poll(CNN), a tie(Quinnipiac) and a Biden +5(Marist). So color me skeptical. We'll know soon enough what the voters really think anywayΒ :gaycat5:

Edited by Tovitov
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kassi said:

The Israel/Palestine conflicted started before he was born.

You've stated this lie before and you've been told that the Nakba happened AFTER Biden was born. One would think that after being clocked you'd stop spreading misinformation, but no. Biden is in fact OLDER than the state of Israel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Israel was still not founded until 1948, and Palestinians weren't forcibly removed from their homes that Jewish settler-colonizers could live in them until the Nakba. I know Joe Biden looks back on The Catastrophe with fondness and love in his heart, and he holds his visit with Golda Meir as a young Senator with the highest esteem, but you presenting this as an ancient conflict super far-removed from Biden's life when he stood alone as the biggest cheerleader for Israel slaughtering Arabs in Lebanon in 1982 when Israel wasn't even old enough to be eligible for the US presidency (<35 years old) is just historical revisionism.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Israel was still not founded until 1948, and Palestinians weren't forcibly removed from their homes that Jewish settler-colonizers could live in them until the Nakba. I know Joe Biden looks back on The Catastrophe with fondness and love in his heart, and he holds his visit with Golda Meir as a young Senator with the highest esteem, but you presenting this as an ancient conflict super far-removed from Biden's life when he stood alone as the biggest cheerleader for Israel slaughtering Arabs in Lebanon in 1982 when Israel wasn't even old enough to be eligible for the US presidency (<35 years old) is just historical revisionism.

I believe Kassi said the conflict began before biden was born, not that Israel was founded before Biden was born. That is two different things that you are just misinterpreting, for a point that is ultimately meaningless. Whether the conflict started when he was born or when an 81 year old was 6 πŸ™ƒ, either way it started or was formed before he had power to do anything. But die on your hill.

1 minute ago, karron0624 said:

I believe Kassi said the conflict began before biden was born, not that Israel was founded before Biden was born. That is two different things that you are just misinterpreting, for a point that is ultimately meaningless. Whether the conflict started when he was born or when an 81 year old was 6 πŸ™ƒ, either way it started or was formed before he had power to do anything. But die on your hill.

And then he became Israel's biggest cheerleader in Congress while it was still a nascent nation. Point still stands, you guys just don't want Biden to take any criticism for his abominable positions.

42 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Biden, like many other third parties to the conflict, struggled to make sense of the correct course of action in an ethnic conflict that preceded his birth.

Β 

But while Biden had sympathy for Jerusalem's actions in Lebanon, he let it be known that he opposed Israel's West Bank settlement enterprise.Β 

Β 

"He hinted β€” more than hinted β€” that if we continue with this policy, it is possible that he will propose cutting our financial aid," Israeli Prime Minister Begin recalled. "And to this I gave him a clear answer: Sir, do not threaten us with cutting aid. First of all, you should know that this is not a one-way street. You help us, and we are very grateful for your help; but this is a two-way street: We do a lot for you. And also in recent battles we did a lot for the United States."

Β 

Begin,Β in his own telling, warned the young Delaware senator that "if at any time you demand of us to yield on a principle in which we believe, while threatening to cut aid, we will not abandon the principle in which we believe."

Β 

https://www.timesofisrael.com/biden-a-longtime-friend-israel-critic-of-settlements-may-be-at-odds-over-iran/

All you've done is reaffirm my point that the US has limited sway against Israel.

Β 

In a world where there is no US-Israeli relationship and Israel faces total annihilation… oh wait… that was the Arab-Israeli War of 1948… so we know exactly how they would proceed without US influence…

• Like 1

so what's the narrative now that Genocide Joe is catching up in the swing state polls?

Β 

cbs polls, by the way, not online tweets that make my point look rightΒ 

Β 

are they going to resort to calling me a white supremacist again? A dupe? Thinking that I'm white?Β 

1 hour ago, Kassi said:

is that he's not aesthetically leftist.

Not sure that's what the bolded word means, fyi!

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Do you have arthritis? Because no sane adult will scour the web, on arcgis of all places, to counter a legitimate poll of BidenΒ closingΒ the gap.Β 
Β 

but you've made your inability to comprehend any viewpoint that doesn't fit your myopic, misinformed, and bitter view of politics.Β 
Β 

I hope you get mental help soon. Because from that Iraq thread, you truly are the one being mocked

2 minutes ago, thesegayz said:

scour the web

Are you.. saying you don't understand what an aggregate is? Because an aggregate does the opposite - it requires you to not have to search for and cherry pick individual polls that adhere to your bias. Let alone that is an aggregate of just A/B-rated polling.Β :deadbanana4:

Β 

Β 

24 minutes ago, Communion said:

Not sure that's what the bolded word means, fyi!

I don't read anything sourced from Jacobin

5 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Biden liberals will see this and still say they're on the right side of history :deadbanana4:

Β 

:bibliahh:

• Thumbs Down 1

The big 3 states that will decided this election are basically tied. Trump up 1-2 or less than 1 in the averages Which is way better than it has been for Biden in the swing states. Β 
Realclear averagesΒ 

WI- Trump 1.8%
MI- Trump 1.3%
PA- Trump 0.6%

Β 

Atm it's still anyone's win. But if gas prices are lower come Election Day and no major scandals have erupted I think Biden's gonna squeak out a Β 270-268 electoral college win at the minimum at least.Β 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Haha 1

Β 

Not Trump's largest ever lead in a CNN poll :rip:Β 

Β 

oh it's bad for Genocide Joe :suburban:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kassi said:

In an article editorialized by Jacobin.

Doing math is now considered editorializing?

Β 

--

Β 

This post and then that other one up there yelling at the wrong types of polls...

Β 

"Don't use individual polls since you'll just pick a timeframe that hurts Biden"

"Use an aggregate but don't use RealClearPolitics because they're secretly anti-Biden"

"No, you can't use any aggregate that includes low quality polling since that hurts Biden"

*uses aggregate made by now a Democrat-voting poll tracking account on Twitter solely using high quality polls*

"You're just desperately looking for something to attack Biden!!"

Β 

I'm sorry but it's Trumpian at this point. The polls are lying. The media is lying. The voters are lying.Β :deadbanana4:

We're experiencing in real time a mass delusion event of severe mental illness amongst liberals.Β 

Edited by Communion

2 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Β 

Β 

Haven't you gotten the memo? Polls are fake (unless Biden is the one leading them)! :fan:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chemist said:

Β 

Β 

23% 3rd party candidates πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

Edited by GhostBox

Β 

Edited by GhostBox

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.