2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

Thinking about it, I guess Biden is the only president in decades who has scaled back our role in active wars

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

ย 

pulling out of Afghanistan was the moment Biden's numbers tanked and has never recovered. But he did the right thing.ย 

Edited by GhostBox

• Replies 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kassi said:

ย 

spacer.png

Sis, are you sharing your own tweets?ย 

:deadbanana4:

Interesting bedfellows but I suppose we can't extrapolate to their national org direction or AFL-CIO?

ย 

A refresh to log-in again deleted an entire lengthy post of mine on MAGA media dying to counter the Intercept argument I was seeing here which is exhausting but here's the relevant news post:

ย 

ย 

13 hours ago, Kassi said:

Look back before the U.S. took the global stageโ€”history was just one long string of wars. Kingdoms and empires forever fighting over land and power.

ย 

Then came America, stepping into world leadership after World War II. We built alliances like NATO and founded the UN. We pushed for peace, not war, introducing diplomacy as the new way to settle disputes. It's clearโ€”before the U.S., the world was chaos. With us, there's order.

ย 

:gayoncecat3:

No country you've been in since Vietnam would agree with that statement

ย 

ย 

Nowadays, America tends to bring more chaos than order. I mean, a person who is threatening to pull out of NATO and the UN is now a major party candidate and a coin flip away from regaining the presidency.

ย 

Edited by Wonderland

ย 

33 minutes ago, Espresso said:

ย 

Brother, it is barely sunlight. Please spare me being forced to discover the existence of even more "some of the worst people you didn't know existed" on this blessed morning.ย 

ย 

I don't know how to process the news that *re-reads note* Jeb Bush's 2016 comms director and former RNC spokesperson is now a liberal Resistance pop culture figure popular for his dedication in wanting to see a nuclear warhead dropped on Iran.ย 

ย 

We are lost as a people.ย :deadbanana4:

• Like 2

@Communionย I'm just the messenger, as you know. Unlike a few of his Bulwark Never-Trumpers, I'm not sure of Tim Miller's current positioning on war with Iran actually.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wonderland said:

No country you've been in since Vietnam would agree with that statement

ย 

ย 

Nowadays, America tends to bring more chaos than order. I mean, a person who is threatening to pull out of NATO and the UN is now a major party candidate and a coin flip away from regaining the presidency.

ย 

Unfortunately, we have a Republican problem.ย 

ย 

Starting with Vietnam, under President Nixon, a Republican, we saw an expansion and escalation of the war. Then came Reagan in the 1980s, who got us involved in several conflicts, like the invasion of Grenada and the bombing of Libya.

ย 

Fast forward to the Bushes โ€” George H.W. Bush launched the Gulf War in 1991, and his son, George W. Bush, initiated the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, which have been some of the longest and most controversial in American history.
ย 

Then under Trump, along with threatening to pull out of NATO and the UN, weย saw increased military strikes and engagements, such as the airstrike that killed an Iranian general, ramping up tensions in the Middle East.ย 
ย 

We have to end that party once and for all. Even if Leftists need them to survive.

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

ย 

I got a jumpscare so you should too

35 minutes ago, Chemist said:

ย 

I got a jumpscare so you should too

Omg he looks like death ๐Ÿ’€

ย 

8 minutes ago, Espresso said:

ย 

His campaign just keeps going downhill scandal after scandalย 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.