2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

55 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

I mean we can certainly compare and contrast the body counts of middle eastern conflicts by administrationย :gaycat6:

> *mockingly screams 'WELL I GUESS BOTH SIDES ARE BAD THEN!!"*

> *instantly pivots to arguing "both sides massacring children shouldn't stop us from acknowledging that some massacres of children ARE worse than others"*

ย 

?

ย 

:suburban:

• Thanks 1

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

AOC will be helping make change in the Democratic party. Shes going places ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

No you don't understand AOC is obviously signaling her hatred of the Palestinians with this! Another hopeful turned shitlib :michael:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Communion said:

> *mockingly screams 'WELL I GUESS BOTH SIDES ARE BAD THEN!!"*

> *instantly pivots to arguing "both sides massacring children shouldn't stop us from acknowledging that some massacres of children ARE worse than others"*

ย 

?

ย 

I'm sorry the 70 years of land taking and murder have been fine for you up until now? That's kinda the only thing I can parse from that

ย 

1 minute ago, Redstreak said:

the 70 years ofย 

How do you reconcile with the fact that Biden has been an avid Zionist for nearly all of those 70 years?

1 minute ago, Communion said:

How do you reconcile with the fact that Biden has been an avid Zionist for nearly all of those 70 years?

Probably the fact we've never had a president that wasn't? And probably won't for a while?

5 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Probably the fact we've never had a president that wasn't? And probably won't for a while?

Obama was factually to the left of Biden on Israel.:suburban:

ย 

Again, you don't even know what you're arguing at this point. You pivot from claiming it's absurd to suggest Dems and Reps have the same capacity to be bad to arguing that they're SO alike that it is meaningless to be upset over this very specific area that they are very, very equally bad in.ย 

ย 

It'd be more respectable to just go "I'm privileged enough to care about x, y, and z that Biden satisfies me with and **** every one he does hurt, tbh!".ย 

But obviously you don't because your only answer to being unable to convince people to vote for Biden is to somehow argue not doing so is selfish and causing harm to others.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Joe Biden is significantly to the right on Israeli policy of every single president that came before him, except maybe Donald Trump (with whom he's basically equivalent anyway). Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush, Bill Clinton, George W Bush, and Barack Obama were all able to put their foot down and apply restraint to Israel's warmongering in ways that Biden has been greatly unwilling to do.

ย 

Trump is significantly pro-Israel because Netanyahu buttered him up and played to his desire for affirmation and aggrandizement (plus his son-in-law's business ties). Biden is an ideologically committed Zionist who has held a special place for Israel in his heart for 50 years that he doesn't even have for his own country.

• Like 1

So was Hillary Clinton. And her husband. And Reagan. And Bush. And Bush. :suburban:

1 minute ago, ClashAndBurn said:

So was Hillary Clinton. And her husband. And Reagan. And Bush. And Bush. :suburban:

Obama: *child of Marxists often personally disgusted at the continued apartheid of the Palestinians*

ย 

Biden: *would personally beat the **** out of a Gazan child if he could*

ย 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 minutes ago, Communion said:

And that made his foreign policyโ€ฆ good?

ย 

:suburban:ย 
ย 

Never thought I'd see a revolutionary fighter praise king drone strike

• Thumbs Down 1

13 minutes ago, Communion said:

Obama: *child of Marxists often personally disgusted at the continued apartheid of the Palestinians*

ย 

Biden: *would personally beat the **** out of a Gazan child if he could*

ย 

And yet that guy is fundraising for Biden?

ย 

Just now, Redstreak said:

And that made his foreign policyโ€ฆ good?

Do you think the people you're criticizing for criticizing Demsย .....thought Obama's foreign policy was good?

ย 

Again, you don't know what you're trying to argue at this point. Tap out, sis. Stop pretending to care about harm reduction.ย 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

And yet that guy is fundraising for Biden?

ย 

So you agree - Democrats are not only as equally capable of harm as Republicans but have objectively moved to the right and caused more harm now vs then?

ย 

ย 

Just now, Communion said:

Do you think the people you're criticizing for criticizing Demsย .....thought Obama's foreign policy was good?

ย 

Again, you don't know what you're trying to argue at this point. Tap out, sis. Stop pretending to care about harm reduction.ย 

Well you tell me, if the entirety of Biden is boiled down to Gaza then sure by those standards yeah I guess Obama was utopian peace time communistย 

ย 

So you agree - Democrats are not only as equally capable of harm as Republicans but have objectively moved to the right and caused more harm now vs then?

ย 

ย 

No? Fascists are still pretty objectively worse than boomer libs, I'm sorry if that's not the aesthetically pleasing answer you can clout off of

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

You have to start from "both sides bad"

ย 

1 hour ago, Redstreak said:

the body counts of middle eastern conflicts

ย 

41 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Probably the fact we've never had a president that wasn't?ย 

ย 

8 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

king drone strike

This is why not having a coherent, consistent ideology rooted in actual live experiences is bad.

Cause you're then so easily dogwalked into making yourself look out of your depth by making the very argument you were trying to push back against.

ย 

• Haha 2

the aesthetically pleasing

image.jpg

ย 

"Aesthetics"?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Communion said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

This is why not having a coherent, consistent ideology rooted in actual live experiences is bad.

Cause you're then so easily dogwalked into making yourself look out of your depth by making the very argument you were trying to push back against.

ย 

? My argument is and has always been that all presidents have been obsequiously awful with the Middle East, Libya, Palestine, Iraq, and therefore my calculus is on domestic policy differences. You're the one that seems to be making the case that it was fine in the region until Biden? I think every exiting president should be shipped to The Hague personally, I'm guessing you don't?

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

It's the fact that Vaush and his community hate on Destiny and D.gg so much when they've basically ideologically matched and take basically the same position of "Dems losing the election will not be Joe's fault for supporting a genocide, but voters' fault for being disgusted by him" at this point for me :suburban:

12 minutes ago, Redstreak said:

Well you tell me, if the entirety of Biden is boiled down to Gaza then sure by those standards yeah I guess Obama was utopian peace time communistย 

ย 

I don't know why you keep going back and forth with them ๐Ÿ’€ it's not worth your time or energy tbh. No matter what you say they will call you a genocide ย supporter and twist everything and say you deserve horrible things to happen to ya. ย Biden's the worst thing ever blah blah blah. It's the same ole shtick every day. Save it for something that matters because trying to have a conversation with them gets you no where. ย They aren't worth it.ย 

Edited by GhostBox
  • Like 1

image.jpg

ย 

"Aesthetics"?

Yes babe, the entirety of your political strategy has fairly been aesthetics over substance. Its why you have to keep twisting into pretzels to make senile Joe the worst thing to happen to the Middle East after you simultaneously like to argue he's no different from repubs? You've affected about as much as any random redneck screaming their opinions on twitter

• Like 1

Just now, ClashAndBurn said:

It's the fact that Vaush and his community hate on Destiny and D.gg so much when they've basically ideologically matched and take basically the same position of "Dems losing the election will not be Joe's fault for supporting a genocide, but voters' fault for being disgusted by him" at this point for me :suburban:

Bringing up random YouTuber infighting isn't really beating the "I prefer aesthetic battles and my scope of reference is insanely insular" allegations

ย 

My argument is and has always been that all presidents have been obsequiously awful with the Middle East, Libya, Palestine, Iraq

This is what someone is meant to take away from you deciding to defend another user explicitly not just defending but praising Biden's actions in Israel?ย 

ย 

Kassi > *explicitly argues that Biden is powerless against Bibi but ALSO that Biden is doing GREAT wrt Israel and cannot be compared to Trump who SHOULD be viewed as culpable for Putin's actions*

You > *literally jump in and defend their failed logic by posting that the argument being made is just a hollow "both sides are bad" sentiment*

ย 

?

ย 

What difference does it make to tell yourself you think you can acknowledge Democrats are bad on foreign policy when you find yourself echoing those saying otherwise?

This is what someone is meant to take away from you deciding to defend another user explicitly not just defending but praising Biden's actions in Israel?ย 

ย 

Kassi > *explicitly argues that Biden is powerless against Bibi but ALSO that Biden is doing GREAT wrt Israel and cannot be compared to Trump who SHOULD be viewed as culpable for Putin's actions*

You > *literally jump in and defend their failed logic by posting that the argument being made is just a hollow "both sides are bad" sentiment*

ย 

?

ย 

What difference does it make to tell yourself you think you can acknowledge Democrats are bad on foreign policy when you find yourself echoing those saying otherwise?

Saying you have terrible argumentative skills is the same as agreeing with all of kassis positions? We then go back to why do you agree with Obama's positions on Libya

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.