2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

So I see I was mentioned by someone in here for some reason. That I had no idea that legislation related to abortion had been introduced already?? Didn't I ask when the pro-choice majority Senate was going to vote on the bill sinceย  the House had already voted on it?ย 

ย 

I don't want to rehash nonsense but seriously... can that member not?

Edited by Mean Trees

• Replies 22.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DONTYELLATME said:

ย 

ย 

God I hope Warnock wins. It's going to be close I think.

ย 

It's pretty clear that unless gas and grocery prices come down, it doesn't matter what Republicans do. Bans on abortion? Bans of books? Bans of LGBTQ or race topics in school? Prayer back in school? No more Miranda rights? Maybe ban on gay marriage? On sodomy? On contraception? Also all the Jan 6 insurrection evidence? None of it will matter. Republicans will still wipe the floor with Democrats this November and in 2024. The vast majority of Americans just do not care enough about these things to let them affect their votes.ย :rip:ย And Democrats can't stand up to their price gouging corporate donors, so they just have to let Republicans keep blaming them for going "too far left" and repeatedly pushing the inflation button.

ย 

ย 

Would the author of Dirtbag Anthropology lie?

ย 

ย 

Just now, Thuggin said:

ย 

It's pretty clear that unless gas and grocery prices come down, it doesn't matter what Republicans do. Bans on abortion? Bans of books? Bans of LGBTQ or race topics in school? Prayer back in school? No more Miranda rights? Maybe ban on gay marriage? On sodomy? On contraception? Also all the Jan 6 insurrection evidence? None of it will matter. Republicans will still wipe the floor with Democrats this November and in 2024. The vast majority of Americans just do not care enough about these things to let them affect their votes.ย :rip:ย And Democrats can't stand up to their price gouging corporate donors, so they just have to let Republicans keep blaming them for going "too far left" and pushing the inflation button.

The Russia/Ukraine situation is also exacerbating inflation. Biden's been pretty open about that. And yet you can see that less than 40% see it as a priority. When people start to connect the dots, aside from Ukraine flag emoji Twitter, support for keeping Ukraine afloat in a war that they can't win is going to go down. Prices could come down if peace was negotiated and sanctions were taken down, but... liberals are committed to regime changing Putin out of power, so it's clear that's not happening. Even if Russia were to pull out, the sanctions would stay until Putin was removed (either imprisoned or assassinated) and replaced with an America-friendly head of state.

ย 

Apparently acknowledging that American voters are likely to elect politicians that are more hospitable to Russian interests and hostile to Ukraine's existence because of their involvement in Trump's first impeachment makes you a Putin-supporting Nazi, though :michael:ย 

We hate Ukraine flag emoji Twitter

ย 

ย 

ย 

^OOF.

ย 

I mean, compare how Biden treats Ukraine with how he treats Palestine, Syria, Somalia, etc. Pretends to be shocked tho, considering he's known for being a racist segregationistย :oh:ย 

ย 

Nazis in Ukraine bad

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

It's almost like people need to be able to afford to survive and put that as a priority. I'm very shocked that voters don't want to be destitute or rendered homeless.

13 minutes ago, rihannabiggestfan said:

We hate Ukraine flag emoji Twitter

ย 

ย 

ย 

^OOF.

ย 

I mean, compare how Biden treats Ukraine with how he treats Palestine, Syria, Somalia, etc. Pretends to be shocked tho, considering he's known for being a racist segregationistย :oh:ย 

ย 

Nazis in Ukraine bad

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Well, it's one thing for an actual Ukrainian to have their flag on their Twitter, and I respect that. What's... laughable is the Americans with that emoji who would have also most likely been cheerleading the Iraq War and support Israel's illegal settlements of Palestine with their whole heart (like Joe Biden hihi :oh:). Anyone with a Palestine flag on their Twitter gets called a terrorism sympathizer. Ukrainians were passing around instructions on how to make Molotov cocktails and they were heralded as heroes and freedom fighters. Sure, that's fine! But... Any Palestinian who did that would get permabanned on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Well, it's one thing for an actual Ukrainian to have their flag on their Twitter, and I respect that. What's... laughable is the Americans with that emoji who would have also most likely been cheerleading the Iraq War and support Israel's illegal settlements of Palestine with their whole heart (like Joe Biden hihi :oh:). Anyone with a Palestine flag on their Twitter gets called a terrorism sympathizer. Ukrainians were passing around instructions on how to make Molotov cocktails and they were heralded as heroes and freedom fighters. Sure, that's fine! But... Any Palestinian who did that would get permabanned on Twitter.

It's like how neolibs pretend to stan democracy while they stan superdelegates and removing their competition from the ballot :skull:. We HATE these hypocrites!

ย 

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Mean Trees said:

So I see I was mentioned by someone in here for some reason. That I had no idea that legislation related to abortion had been introduced already?? Didn't I ask when the pro-choice majority Senate was going to vote on the bill sinceย  the House had already voted on it?ย 

ย 

I don't want to rehash nonsense but seriously... can that member not?

Wow. Unreal.

ย 

It has been put to a vote in the Senateโ€ฆ TWICE.ย 
ย 

Itโ€™s true that thereโ€™s nothing to rehash. Youโ€™re just wrong. Plain and simple.

ย 

Not Kamala being represented by the plane in the upper left :ahh:ย :ahh:ย :ahh:ย 

6 hours ago, Thuggin said:

ย 

It's pretty clear that unless gas and grocery prices come down, it doesn't matter what Republicans do. Bans on abortion? Bans of books? Bans of LGBTQ or race topics in school? Prayer back in school? No more Miranda rights? Maybe ban on gay marriage? On sodomy? On contraception? Also all the Jan 6 insurrection evidence? None of it will matter. Republicans will still wipe the floor with Democrats this November and in 2024. The vast majority of Americans just do not care enough about these things to let them affect their votes.ย :rip:ย And Democrats can't stand up to their price gouging corporate donors, so they just have to let Republicans keep blaming them for going "too far left" and repeatedly pushing the inflation button.

People almost always list the Economy as their top priority. Abortion will motivate people to vote more than they otherwise wouldโ€™ve. Why are Dems gambling, and not codifying Roe now? Iโ€™m fed up with the Biden era excuses.ย 

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

People almost always list the Economy as their top priority. Abortion will motivate people to vote more than they otherwise wouldโ€™ve. Why are Dems gambling, and not codifying Roe now? Iโ€™m fed up with the Biden era excuses.ย 

They tried, it takes 60 votes in the Senate toย  get it done. They aren't going to be anywhere near that in the foreseeable future. In fact, with the current state of the economy and the ineptness of the Biden administration, there is a better chance of Republicans getting 60 Senate votes, control of the House and the Presidency sometime in the near future.

7 hours ago, Thuggin said:

ย 

Odd how funding a foreign war that doesn't involve America and which is hurting our economy is a top BUDGET ITEM to Congress and COVID is not despite that both are of equal (low) importance to the electorate - with a majority of voters saying theyre NOT a PRIORITY. I wonder why Ukraine gets $55b in missiles yet we're still debating on if school lunches should be free for all poor children in America who we forced back to in-school sessions.ย 

ย 

I imagine some would argue we dropped COVID policies because they allegedly negatively impacted the top two priorities and yet we haven't dropped Ukraine from our agenda despite that being the main cause of our inflation issue.ย 

Edited by Communion

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

They already did last year. They donโ€™t have the votes. Try paying attention. Weโ€™ve been over this.ย 

1 hour ago, chessguy99 said:

They tried, it takes 60 votes in the Senate toย  get it done. They aren't going to be anywhere near that in the foreseeable future. In fact, with the current state of the economy and the ineptness of the Biden administration, there is a better chance of Republicans getting 60 Senate votes, control of the House and the Presidency sometime in the near future.

Yep and if Republicans get the presidency and have Congress theyโ€™ll pass a constitutional amendment banning abortion nationwide.ย 

Almost no important legislation ever โ€œhas the votesโ€ immediately. This is why you use political pressure to GET THE VOTES. Itโ€™s time for a general strike.ย 

16 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Yep and if Republicans get the presidency and have Congress theyโ€™ll pass a constitutional amendment banning abortion nationwide.ย 

The riots and backlash will be IMMENSE. Republicans might be losing the suburbs if they push any harder on being anti-abortion or overturn gay marriage.ย 

22 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

Why is Manchin's wife still a member of the Biden administration?

Iโ€™m kind of glad average Americans who were politically disengaged are at least waking up to how far-right and theocratic the Republican agenda really is. So many young people are being turned against them, and trust in SCOTUS is crushed for generations. The Republicans have been able to toe the line, and obfuscate for too long.

32 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

They already did last year. They donโ€™t have the votes. Try paying attention. Weโ€™ve been over this.ย 

The circumstances are different now. ******* TRY, or at least pressure Clarence Thomas to resign due to Ginniโ€™s 1/6 involvement by having Biden call for it, and for mass demonstrations requesting it. The Dems just suck at messaging. Itโ€™s just โ€œdonateโ€ and โ€œvoteโ€ and not much else.ย 

8 hours ago, Kassi said:

Wow. Unreal.

ย 

It has been put to a vote in the Senateโ€ฆ TWICE.ย 
ย 

Itโ€™s true that thereโ€™s nothing to rehash. Youโ€™re just wrong. Plain and simple.

Why did it fail the pro-MAJORITY Senate? Did AOC lie or something? You realize I have been putting PRO-MAJORITY in every damn post on this matter for a reason.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.