2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

• Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

Gorsuch: Make up laws about the employer, rule against workers

Alito concurrent opinion: There's plenty of jobs in construction and customer service

The Federalist Society continues to make zero points :chick2:

Newsom loses a general election. No way middle America voted for an out of touch California liberal elite like him.

Kamala has the same problems, and then some.

I guess abortion rights was never on the ballot after all

SgM2PIq.gif

This NYT article is mandatory reading and covers a big bulk of several matters discussed here.

Hopefully y'all don't run into subscription blocks.

There's a lot to unpack here, enough for practically 5 threads and quite a bit of huge news broken here as well. 

Newsom and Pritzker 2024 rumors shot down, Biden "appreciating" Bernie not mounting a challenge, Rich Neolib Dems want Manchin for third party, Michigan possibly replacing Iowa at first-in-nation status. That's the not the only news here either.

Not even sure where to start with this so I'll just leave it here and let you all have at it for a bit.

Roe v. Wade thread Repeat Post, didn't want people to miss it and also leaving here for posterity once the other thread dies

1 minute ago, Espresso said:

Roe v. Wade thread Repeat Post, didn't want people to miss it and also leaving here for posterity once the other thread dies

So in other words, Joe Biden is a coward.

Worried about undermining SCOTUS as an institution when that "institution" and the respect for it died the day Scalia did and Obama let McConnell get away with holding the seat open with EXTREMELY little pushback.

But several said the president and his inner circle were confounded by Democrats’ discussions about a Plan B when the one person who has defeated Donald J. Trump has made clear he intends to run again.

Mr. Biden has told advisers he sees a replay of the early days of his 2020 primary bid, when some Democrats dismissed him as too old or too moderate to win the nomination. He blames the same doubters for the current round of questioning.

7 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Sis not you now resorting to not even sharing links to avoid getting roasted. :deadbanana4:

I couldn't imagine the public embarrassment and shame centrism brings affluent elites now. It's okay to clock out, sis!

1 minute ago, Communion said:

Sis not you now resorting to not even sharing links to avoid getting roasted. :deadbanana4:

I couldn't imagine the public embarrassment and shame centrism brings affluent elites now. It's okay to clock out, sis!

Might be the nytimes article that's been floating around (linked above by Espresso). In fact it is: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/27/us/politics/biden-2024-democrats-trump.html

2 minutes ago, Communion said:

He’s quoting the article I just posted, unless you’re referring to something else

11 minutes ago, Espresso said:

He’s quoting the article I just posted, unless you’re referring to something else

Just teasing the good sis for past shenanigans. Nancy Pelosi may never forget but neither do I.  :gaycat:

Sooo...are people actually going to get arrested from these trials or what?

SgM2PIq.gif

2 minutes ago, Bethenny Frankel said:

Sooo...are people actually going to get arrested from these trials or what?

SgM2PIq.gif

Biden chose Merrick Garland to be his AG specifically so nothing would happen. I’m convinced.

SgM2PIq.gif

4 hours ago, DAP said:

Very interesting!

SgM2PIq.gif

OH MY GOD, PRETENDS TO BE SHOCKED

Tx6yhMP.jpg

"b-b-but elect more Democrats!1" :bibliahh:

I can't wait to vote against closet Republican Biden's weak establishment ass if he's the Dem nominee. Copying Trump constantly (despite screaming "i'M nOt tRuMp!1" constantly) and constantly putting the American people last like a true Ukrainian asset, no wonder his approval ratings are in the gutter.

Bernie, please reconsider. You can always change your mind.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.