2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

8 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

"THEY ARE SO TRANSPARENT AND HONEST!"

They held it in for two months so they could claim a moral high ground in the election by bashing Trump as a traitor to the country even though both committed malfeasance with classified material.

They came forth with the info to the correct agencies when they found these 12 or so documents. Biden doesn’t control what the doj  or national archives makes public. 

again this isn’t even comparable to what trump did. 

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

If this type of thing happened before the Trump investigation, it would have been a nothing issue. But since the DOJ is about to indict Trump for a case that is related to classified documents, they need to investigate Biden so they can claim that they are not partisan. 

Trump will be indicted for obstruction, not improper handling of classified documents. He lied to the National Archives and tried to hide documents from the FBI.

If Biden did what Trump did, I would 100% support impeachment. We will see what the investigation finds. But seeing that the National Archives never made a request for these documents to be returned, I am assuming it will lead to nothing 

I agree with all of this. Trump isn’t in trouble for accidentally having a few classified docs in storage. He’s in trouble for stealing them (hundreds) and not turning them over even after they asked numerous times. 

39 minutes ago, GhostBox said:

They came forth with the info to the correct agencies when they found these 12 or so documents. Biden doesn’t control what the doj  or national archives makes public. 

No. Garland CLEARLY covered this up so that it wouldn't embarrass Biden ahead of the midterms. Honestly the AG should be impeached for this.

Between Garland and Buttigieg, so many disastrous failures in this administration who should be canned.

1 hour ago, GhostBox said:

So they sat on the info for two months... that doesn't sound like they came forward as soon as they ''found'' out. Also these documents had been improperly kept by Biden for over six years so yes you're right it's not comparable to what Trump did. Biden was worse. He also was simply the VP so he couldn't hide behind his powers to declassify. There's nothing ''refreshing'' about his behavior or his admin's conduct in regards to this. It must be quite embarrassing to have to continuously support and make excuses for someone who's supposedly the lesser evil to Trump.

Worst case and most likely scenario is Barbara Lee and Katie Porter destroy each other and neolibs ensure Schiff passes through, which will honestly piss me off. 

7 hours ago, One Rude Boy said:

I can't wait to vote for Katie Porter

And what do you have against Barbara Lee? :celestial5:

On the issues that do split Lee and Porter obviously I'm more for Lee but Porter's best asset is her age. Obviously she shouldn't inartfully (or even artfully) try bringing that ageism into a hypothetical debate but it is being mentioned and not just on Twitter. The flip side to that though is the merit of the panic of a Dem losing that Senate seat doesn't back up that ageist argument. I can understand why it's coming up though giving the horrifying nihilistic reality of Feinstein currently sleepwalking through her role. 

2 hours ago, Communion said:

Nothing - Barbara Lee would be the superior candidate. Is she planning to run? :celestial5:

I’m sure some of you in here will be happy to hear that Tulsi made Trump’s VP shortlist.

An all women line up, I didn’t know republicans participated in identity politics :celestial5:

6 hours ago, Communion said:

The only thing that would make me hesitant is we don’t know what state she’ll be in after two terms, given the age she’s at and given who she is replacing.

Politically, she’s obviously much more desirable than anybody else, specially Adam “RUSSIARUSSIARUSSIA-gate” Schiff.

5 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I’m sure some of you in here will be happy to hear that Tulsi made Trump’s VP shortlist.

An all women line up, I didn’t know republicans participated in identity politics :celestial5:

TULSI 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

5 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

Literally zero people here would currently want Tulsi as a vice president. Try again.

6 hours ago, Vroom Vroom said:

I never understood the need to relive the 2020 primary from people like yourself who degraded their entire personhood and basically admitted you'd be happy with the progressive movement dying because you couldn't move past wanting a white woman who lied about being a POC to be POTUS because she reminded me of your favorite 3rd English teacher :deadbanana4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.