2024 US Election Megathread 🇺🇸🏛️

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore. 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone. 

9 hours ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Also ignores the fact that Europe went along with America’s disastrous adventurism and failed to condemn the Bush administration for its illegal war campaign based entirely in lies. The fact that we didn’t face crippling sanctions from the rest of the world conditioned upon complete withdrawal from the Middle East and slashing our bloated military is a crime.

Not all of Europe. I did mention France and the UK going with it. And it's just not right that the Nordics have had to take more refugees from the Middle East and North Africa than the US. But I don't think having a huge military is a problem by itself. You might just need it against the evils of Russia, China, Iran and/or the Saudis one day. Maybe North Korea too. It's just more that you have to be more careful what you do with it in the future. But I'd rather have the military superiority on the side of the liberal west than otherwise.

Edited by anti-bitch

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• ClashAndBurn

• GhostBox

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

is this what they are gonna say about everyone now ?

also this is just garlands way to punt a difficult but clear case. He’s so weak and should have never been nominated ?

So after holding Senate it's L after L huh? Can't believe boebet is winning, I swear karma only applied to decent people :rip:

3 hours ago, anti-***** said:

Not all of Europe. I did mention France and the UK going with it. And it's just not right that the Nordics have had to take more refugees from the Middle East and North Africa than the US. But I don't think having a huge military is a problem by itself. You might just need it against the evils of Russia, China, Iran and/or the Saudis one day. Maybe North Korea too. It's just more that you have to be more careful what you do with it in the future. But I'd rather have the military superiority on the side of the liberal west than otherwise.

Not surprised you'd say that, as a European yourself. Someone from the Global South would have something very different to say, I'm sure. We've done far more damage to the world than Russia or any other country, but because it's all done in the name of capitalism and white Western supremacy, it's considered a "net good."

Oh, and given the existence of NSA, America isn't actually that liberal or free. We're under constant surveillance here, and supposedly liberal Obama did everything he could to expand those Bush era programs spying on ordinary Americans.

Not to mention, supposedly liberal Pelosi mentioning she enjoyed working with Bush and not Trump when the former was BY FAR the worse evil as a person and as a president... really says it all.

We're not going to be more careful with our military in the future. Not even remotely. We'll use it to bully other countries into bending to our will like we always have, and Europeans will do nothing to curb our aggression because they're cowards.

1 hour ago, MonsterJohn said:

So after holding Senate it's L after L huh? Can't believe boebet is winning, I swear karma only applied to decent people :rip:

What do you mean L after L? Boebert is from a DEEP red district. The fact that it was this close is humiliating for her. She wont be so lucky in 2024.

I have a feeling that Jeffries will be an utter failure at keeping the Dem caucus together. Progressives will probably fold and play nice even though he'll be actively supporting primaries against them to get rid of them, but I seriously doubt he'll be able to keep the Blue Dogs in line on much of anything except maybe voting against impeaching Joe Biden and Merrick Garland... Maybe.

Not people already predicting the impending failure of Dems before he has even been nominated. Never change ATRL. :toofunny3:

That’s MOTHER :cries:

It’s one thing for Bush, Obama, Trump (yes even him), and Biden to all basically say the same thing about her prowess. But her direct rivals respecting her is truly phenomenal. 

4 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Not people already predicting the impending failure of Dems before he has even been nominated. Never change ATRL. :toofunny3:

nn. The way they operate it’s “heads Republicans win, tails Democrats lose”.

You get numb to it after a while. :laugh:

14 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

Hakeem Jeffries SUCKS.

Sorry. I hope he fails personally. I hate him even more than I hate Biden, and nothing would bring me more joy than seeing Pelosi's personally picked protege completely flop. :sistrens: 

3 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Hakeem Jeffries SUCKS.

Sorry. I hope he fails personally. I hate him even more than I hate Biden, and nothing would bring me more joy than seeing Pelosi's personally picked protege completely flop. :sistrens: 

Is anyone supposed to surprised by this?  This thread is a circle jerk of Dem haters. Nothing different, nothing new just the same ol s*** every day. :dies: 

14 minutes ago, Kassi said:

nn. The way they operate it’s “heads Republicans win, tails Democrats lose”.

You get numb to it after a while. :laugh:

I was told by ATRL that Dems would fail in 2018 and again in 2020 and again in 2022. I agree at some point it just becomes static. :toofunny3:

1 minute ago, FightForTanas said:

Is anyone supposed to surprised by this?  This thread is a circle jerk of Dem haters. Nothing different, nothing new just the same ol s*** every day. :dies: 

Oh please, there are more Biden stans here than anything else. My dislike of Jeffries has nothing to do with him being a Democrat and more to do with the fact that he's openly hostile to progressives and wants nothing more than for them to be excised from the party.

3 minutes ago, FightForTanas said:

I was told by ATRL that Dems would fail in 2018 and again in 2020 and again in 2022. I agree at some point it just becomes static. :toofunny3:

nnnnnnnnnnnnn

4 minutes ago, ClashAndBurn said:

Oh please, there are more Biden stans here than anything else. My dislike of Jeffries has nothing to do with him being a Democrat and more to do with the fact that he's openly hostile to progressives and wants nothing more than for them to be excised from the party.

nnnnnnnnnnnnn

Ive literally been a guest for years and yes ATRL has been saying the same thing for YEARS. You really thought you did something here. :toofunny3: You know what would have been interesting was if you actually supported the Dem nom. :dies: Anyway all I can say about this is

1 minute ago, FightForTanas said:

You know what would have been interesting was if you actually supported the Dem nom. 

Except I did. I did vote for Dems all the way downballot in all of those elections. I don't waste my vote on third party candidates in a state where Greens can't even make it on the ballot, Republicans want me dead, and Libertarians want there to be zero government other than our bloated military.

Not clapping over every stupid liberal-appeasing thing Joe Biden does DOES NOT make me against Democrats. What frustrates me is they don't do enough to get elected on their own merits. Every election since 2018, they've relied on Republicans being bad enough that the public rejects them rather than giving people something to vote for. In 2020, that was almost not enough, and Donald Trump was 43k votes (across three states) away from being re-elected. This past midterm, if Dobbs had gone the way Roberts intended, or if it had even been delayed by ONE judicial term, then things would have ended very differently. The historic shellacking and total rejection of Biden and the Democrats under the current inflation and gas price spike would have gone exactly as basically every single pundit had predicted.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.