2024 US Election Megathread ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ›๏ธ

khalyan
Lee!!
Message added by Lee!!,

It was decided based on feedback from the spring 2023 town hall to transition this thread back to being election specific. With the Civics section being able to house specific threads on many issues, we think having a generalized politics thread is not completely necessarily anymore.ย 
ย 

With that said, please continue to be respectful and remember that you do not always need to respond to everyone.ย 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Espresso

• GhostBox

• ClashAndBurn

• Communion

Top Posters In This Topic

• ATRL Moderator

The Hunter Biden investigation is annoying and transparent.ย  Nothing was said by anyone for 2 years and all of a sudden it's all anyone can talk about.ย ย 

How likely is it Lauren Boebert loses her seat at this point ? I really want that ***** to be taken out but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.ย :jonny4:

32 minutes ago, Espresso said:

ย 

Would love for the Senate to never have GOP control again

27 minutes ago, i spit on haters said:

How likely is it Lauren Boebert loses her seat at this point ? I really want that ***** to be taken out but I don't want to get too ahead of myself.ย :jonny4:

Less likely than a couple of days ago. They're still finalizing the first count of military ballots and the national operatives for both parties are finishing their outreach for ballot curing for incorrect and missing signatures for others.ย 

ย 

In the end it's looking like even after the recount she'll win by less than 700 votes, even 500.ย 

Ms Boe Boe only winning her district by 500 votesย :redface:

8 hours ago, Communion said:

I agree with the bold statement that could have only resulted in not supporting or electing neocons into office but you also said that American voters, particularly those who vote in the Democratic primary and general election, having standards about policy is not important and what's important is making sure that we vote for a Democrat who's electable and then vote blue no matter who every November every 4 years. These view seem contradictory.ย 

But don't you think the establishment Dems goals regarding foreign policy have changed lately? And I mean, Joe pulled out of Afghanistan. We can argue about the way he did it, but it's done and over. And I think he's shown good restraint regarding Ukraine/Russia so far, giving aid but no boots on the ground. Maybe they will leave the M.E. alone in the future and focus on economical imperialism again, versus China. And that's morally questionable too, but at least it's not an actual war.

ย 

And I think the vote blue no matter who thing just comes from the fact that Repubs haven't had a better alternative than Dems for president in a long time, if ever. I just think it's scary to think what would happen if Trump is the president again, or DeSantis. Basically any Dem candidate, maybe other than Michael Bloomberg, would be better than those. And certainly Joe again would be better.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.