Films you watched recently

Pol McCutie

Give it up y'all, 'cuz this is a 5/5. :ghostface:

MV5-BOWNj-Mjgy-Nm-Mt-NWMz-ZC00-Yj-I4-LWI

Whew, the most evocative and powerful animated film ever made. A breathtaking experience when I first watched it as a kid, then as a teenager, and now as an adult. The beautiful animation with its use of hand-drawn 2D really fleshes out the characters, and brings a heart to everything - culimating in the scene with the parting of the Red Sea. Speaking of characters, rather than emphasizing the religious aspects, the story chooses to ground itself with the relationship of the two brothers, and like Moses discovering his inner hero -- someone who won't tolerate cruelty or tyranny -- the film inspires the viewer to be more empathic to others as well.

• Like 2

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• Into The Void

• Walk_Away21

• Reverse Warholian

Barbie was painfully unfunny. Wanted to like it more but it still had its highs. Set design was incredible and America Ferrara gave the best performance. 6.5/10 

@Walk_Away21 @The Witch @skankle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Barbie was painfully unfunny. Wanted to like it more but it still had its highs. Set design was incredible and America Ferrara gave the best performance. 6.5/10 

Biggest fraud in cinema history. They hyped up that movie like it was life changing or sumn :biblio: 

@Leptine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

SCREAMING at you posting basically my exact review and you skull dragged my mid tier score iirc :deadbanana2: It was basically a drama with comedy bits. It was mediocre at best. As I've been saying, the marketing, costuming, and Margot production department deserve a RAISE. Convincing the GP to go in drove and that Greta is some genius and this was a GOAT film :deadbanana2: I have to scream! It's no Mean Girls that's for sure.

Edited by Walk_Away21
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

SCREAMING at you posting basically my exact review and you skull dragged my mid tier score iirc :deadbanana2: It was basically a drama with comedy bits. It was mediocre at best. As I've been saying, the marketing, costuming, and Margot production department deserve a RAISE. Convincing the GP to go in drove and that Greta is some genius and this was a GOAT film :deadbanana2: I have to scream! It's no Mean Girls that's for sure.

Mess! I don't think I skulldragged, maybe gave a bit of side eye since considering your history of fire hot contrarian takes like the OJCH in your avi. @Sexyzinger

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Witch said:

Biggest fraud in cinema history. They hyped up that movie like it was life changing or sumn :biblio: 

@Leptine

Malignant > Barbie 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Many of the jokes were just people saying things very loudly :rip:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Many of the jokes were just people saying things very loudly :rip:

It was horrible. For a feminist film called Barbie, Barbie was the worst written character. :deadbanana: It was a mess. The irony that the best parts of the movie were Ken I-…

• Haha 1

Still waiting for a worldwide release :'(

OT:

Moana | Disney Movies

Best 2010's Disney original film :clap3:

Edited by Odette Violet

44 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Malignant > Barbie 

It's not fair to compare Hagbie to a masterpiece, but, I mean even It Follows stomps on it. :clap3:

20 minutes ago, The Witch said:

I mean even It Follows stomps on it

@Walk_Away21 I need your review on this horror masterclass and cautionary tale on killer STIs. @Sexyzinger

Available to stream on Prime and Tubi! 

25 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

@Walk_Away21 I need your review on this horror masterclass and cautionary tale on killer STIs. @Sexyzinger

Available to stream on Prime and Tubi! 

I do need to eventually. The ending was a bit messy but stream Mexicos newest horror thriller Deaths Roulette @MattyTacos

4 hours ago, Reverse Warholian said:

I refused to watch it on principle but that sounds about right to me! We will NOT be falling for marketing in the tasteful horror homo community.

I saw Tusk earlier tonight, and I just now watched The Big Lebowski for the first time 

both were awesome :clap3:

5 hours ago, The Witch said:

@Leptine

I still haven't watched it and honestly I'm not in the hurry to, there's no doubt that the huge marketing promo and creating an event for this movie played a big factor on its success, I'm gonna let you know anyway.

Accused on Netflix! Was dubious after reading the synopsis as I hate social media/internet influenced films but this was GREAT! Really intense :clap3:

I watched "X" last night. I liked it a lot and the ending was great! I think I would give it 4/5 points. 

• Like 1

Revisiting She's All That and wondering why Clea Duvall plays the same character in this film as she does in The Faculty :dies: 

@Walk_Away21 @Sexyzinger

3 minutes ago, Reverse Warholian said:

Revisiting She's All That and wondering why Clea Duvall plays the same character in this film as she does in The Faculty :dies: 

@Walk_Away21 @Sexyzinger

Lmao I love ha. An underrated icon. I could not BELIEVE she was Marjorie in Veep tho :deadbanana2:

8 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Lmao I love ha. An underrated icon. I could not BELIEVE she was Marjorie in Veep tho :deadbanana2:

The way they spend the first half of the movie presenting Rachel Leigh Cook as some sort of irreversibly ugly duckling is peak cinema:ahh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.