Films you watched recently

Pol McCutie

Scream VI. 8/10 easily. The only Scream that hinges on unwatchable is Scream 3. I didn't care for Scream 4, but there's worse horror sequels out there. If I had to rank the Scream movies, it would go: 

-Scream (1996)

-Scream 2

-Scream VI

-Scream (2022)

-Scream 4

-Scream 3

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flower moon

• Into The Void

• Walk_Away21

• Reverse Warholian

Pearl - 7.5/10

Spoonful of sugar - 8.5/10 good story, good twist and amazing Morgan Saylor! Watch it including credits with surprise scene. 

MadonnasBoyfriend

65. Loved it. Like jurassic Park and a space movie in one. Watched it twice at the movies

Promising Young Woman - 5/10

Ginger Snaps 1,2,3 are SMASH! 8.5/10

Do Revenge - 3.5/5. Cute campy film reminiscent of 00s/y2k teen flicks. Probably one of the better depictions of Gen Z in cinema as of late. The runtime definitely could've been a bit shorter, though. 

Aftersun - 5/5. Wow. Can't stop thinking about it even like a week later. That ending scene :gaycat7:

Choosing to believe that the reason this didn't get a nod in BP is because there was a female director involved because it & Paul Mescal's performance was amazing. 

Infinity Pool 5/10

not even mia goth could save this mess

CLOSE

Wow, what an utterly stunning and heart wrenching movie. I highly recommend it. 5 stars out 5. 

I also recently saw Aftersun, which was also great.

CLOSE-tumblr-a463e7a1aafdc3d9255525ad368

John Wick: Chapter 4 was great. I was nervous that the film would drag or seem boring considering its lengthy runtime, but it's quite possibly the fastest ~3 hour movie I've watched; it honestly felt like a 90-120 minute film. My biggest criticism is that when the action isn't happening (which, fortunately, 4 has quite a bit of), it's not quite engaging. Rina Sawayama stole every scene she was in-- if the film had more of her (and I understand why that wouldn't make sense plot-wise), I would've liked the film a lot more. 

Also, if you haven't seen 1-3, you won't be lost. I took my boyfriend to see it and he's only seen 4. Dolby Atmos should be required viewing as it made the movie much more enjoyable. 

On 3/19/2023 at 3:25 AM, Insanity said:

Promising Young Woman - 5/10

That was easily at least a 7.5/10

7 minutes ago, TimeAmpala said:

That was easily at least a 7.5/10

I'll give it a 5.5

MadonnasBoyfriend

Just watched Mafia mom with Toni Collet on mystery Monday at regal and it was very cute and very fun. It felt a lot like white lotus season 2 but new cast and no hotel lol. The whole audience laughed at the funny parts and all seemed super into it. 

Seen Babylon last night and I LOVED IT. Very underrated and I feel like its gonna age well and get more appreciated in the future

Miss Congeniality... it was bad. I usually like these girly 90s/00s comedies but I felt like Miss Congeniality was corny and unfunny even in its time. Having to pretend that Sandra Bullock is ugly for 90 minutes did not help either.

4/10 because it did have a few good jokes/nice moments, but overall one of the worse Y2K comedies. 

April 25th is an iconic line though, I will say that :clap3:

Edited by John Slayne

Dungeons & Dragons - 8/10 Fun and funny, great time at the movies

Renfield - 7/10 Great goofy gore if you’re into that. Nicholas Cage was great as Dracula. Humor a little strange at times

1922 (Netflix) - 7/10 Good story, moody and nice cinematography. Ending was weak, like most Netflix made movies 

Pinochio (Netflix) - 8/10 Beautiful stop motion and original music. Signature Del Toro’s weirdness in all its splendor

Edited by Spartan528

MadonnasBoyfriend

Sisu for mystery movie Monday at theater. It was so amazing. There were claps and cheers at the end. It felt like a tarinto film! I would have never watched this unless I was tricked into it and so glad I was. Its also currently @ 💯 and it's deserved. If this doesn't get an Oscar non I'm gonna fume mad 😡

On 3/27/2023 at 2:51 PM, bluceleste said:

CLOSE

Wow, what an utterly stunning and heart wrenching movie. I highly recommend it. 5 stars out 5. 

I also recently saw Aftersun, which was also great.

CLOSE-tumblr-a463e7a1aafdc3d9255525ad368

I just watched this as well. Very moving. 

TÁR, and damn, that was excellent, 9/10. 

On 3/21/2023 at 8:29 PM, Billionaire said:

Aftersun - 5/5. Wow. Can't stop thinking about it even like a week later. That ending scene :gaycat7:

Choosing to believe that the reason this didn't get a nod in BP is because there was a female director involved because it & Paul Mescal's performance was amazing. 

I was very impressed with this one, really amazing.

The Whale - 4/5

Aftersun - 555/5

Emily The Criminal - 3.5/5

• 2 weeks later...

Petite Maman (2021)

The Souvenir (2019)

The Souvenir Part II (2021)

The Green Knight (2021)

great movies :clap3: especially Petite Maman :heart2: such a beautiful film

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.