• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MALAMENTE

• La Luna

• Selegend

• jxbuggie

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/25/2024 at 8:55 AM, LikeAChampion said:

I think they meant Selena chose both songs because of her sister. She's said multiple times she doesn't want to release dark music or "sexy" music because her sister listens. Same interview where she dissed the revival cover. Ironically I think the main reason she is doing music is because of her sister. 

Yeah Selena needs to realize her audience isn’t 10 years old anymore. It’s cute she has her sister listening in mind but she has 3-4 albums full of teen/kiddy pop songs her sister can listen to. It’s funny she says she doesn’t want to do sexy songs tho when LO is full of innuendos.

IMO Selena is an actress, she doesn’t have a strong sense of self so she’s better at playing a character than she is at being an authentic artist. She really just lets Flopia Michaels dictate her music career because she has artistic instincts of her own (not that Flopia is much better but that’s for a different thread).

I'm gonna need to rant for a moment because I'm annoyed. 

Fans are trashing Love On since they now know it is not making the album which pisses me off because it is a nice song. I understand with Single Soon to an extent but this time it is just hypocritical. They hated when she released a song from 2017 (SS) but are asking Selena to release a song from 2013 (Sad Serenade) or other songs from 2017 like Stained. Like it just doesn't make sense. 

They are also weirdly obsessed with that damn "dark album" or whatever that means. Also the Seven Heavens thing. They make up theories and then believe they are true. Also they want R&B songs as those are where she shines, and not basic pop songs. As if her biggest songs aren't exactly that, pop songs. 

They are also very weird towards Gracie, always taking ill about a 10 year old and blaming her for everything. It is Selena's career, it is her decisions. Take it up with her. 

Selena said she is finally happy in life and wants to stop releasing "sad girl music" and now the fans only want depressing songs or songs she worked on when she was in a bad place (2016-2019). Like I get it, the leaks we've had sound good but I can see her not wanting to relive that for the time being. Also, some songs have leaked in full, although maybe not fully made, but they are out there. If she wants to release them in the future, I'm sure she will. There's many artists that have released songs from the past (and Selena wanting to focus on acting and still having a deal with a record label, it wouldn't be too far fetched to see her compile old songs, rework them a bit and releasing that like she did with For You lol to save herself the pain of working on a full new album from zero). Something like "Reminisce" or "Recall", "Remember", to keep going with the R theme and in line with looking back as she is releasing songs that didn't make the previous albums. It would be cool!

I'm okay with her releasing droplets and I'm glad the two songs are not part of the album journey, cause I do think the songs are not up to par with the quality she can release. They are fun, but that's about it.

I do hope she releases the album this year because it is a bit ridiculous that she's been working on it for like 3 years and she is still not done, despite saying to Vogue Mexico and other outlets that she is almost done. I think it is done but she is just waiting for the perfect time (not sure when that will be considering she has movies in the pipeline she has to film, a show that it is still not ending and more). First half of 2024 would have been the ideal time but alas she is not gonna use it. 

I guess we are now counting on that alleged Camila collab. I hope she releases another latin song for the summer, with Karol maybe, it would be fun and most definitely a hit. Maybe she releases the album so it coincides with the promo (and festival/campaigning cycle) for Emilia Perez (if there's any of that). 2024 seems to be pretty crowded and looking towards Grammys, she ain't no darling so she'll get lost among so many artists releasing that will definitely get nominated over her any day: Ariana, Bey, Billie, Taylor, Justin, Dua...

But her releasing late 2024 is gonna be too soon for the 2026 Grammys so like it is all so annoying. ANYWAY! Whatever happens. 

I'm happy they are already filming S4, seems they will wrap up if everything goes right, in June. She'll take a break to attend Cannes as I'm sure Emilia Perez will premiere there. I hope she attends the MET Gala again, I miss her there and it would be the first time she attends with Erin as her stylist! 

• Thanks 1

Latin pop emergency guys! “Adios” is now different, idk it just sounds weird.  Kinda sounds like a demo now, still a bop, but it was better before. Why??? :redface:

I thought it was my Spotify but i checked on YT and its different there too, they changed the song.
Thankfully i have the Physical copy so i will double check tomorrow (the fact that i dont have devices that still play CDs home anymore and never even noticed this. 100% only buying for the collection :laugh:)

Edited by Selegend

4 hours ago, Selegend said:

Latin pop emergency guys! “Adios” is now different, idk it just sounds weird.  Kinda sounds like a demo now, still a bop, but it was better before. Why??? :redface:

I thought it was my Spotify but i checked on YT and its different there too, they changed the song.
Thankfully i have the Physical copy so i will double check tomorrow (the fact that i dont have devices that still play CDs home anymore and never even noticed this. 100% only buying for the collection :laugh:)

it still sounds same to me

4 hours ago, Souvenir said:

it still sounds same to me

it's back! i swear this happened, i wasn't tripping :deadbanana:

underrated cute bops :jamming:

• Thanks 1

Can we talk about how amazing exceptional and outstanding Revelación is?

I can see why it's taking Selena so long to figure out how to top it.

Edited by selena_lavigne
  • Thanks 1

streets are saying that she scrapped the album.

Well.. see you guys in 2025!

20 hours ago, Souvenir said:

streets are saying that she scrapped the album.

Well.. see you guys in 2025!

are u talking about the "insider" that said that she dislike single soon and love on and interscope made her release it? 

if it is that insider, that doesn't mean it will be even later than we expect cuz it seems she already has songs ready with her vision.  

IF the insider is somewhat correct, of course. 

i do think the album will come in 2025 tho, her year is stocked. should've been released last year, this is year it is stocked. she kinda honestly doesn't have time :rip: 

i'm rooting for 2 featurings droplets (one latin and one pop/edm) and a new era next year. 

Edited by Selegend

New snippet.

the fact that i think 'single soon' and 'love on' are better than this song: 

.... it's not a hit from my pov. this song is such elevator music. 

but i miss selena voice like this SO much, like SO SO SO much. So i will support it being released! release it tomorrow idc 

Edited by Selegend
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Selegend said:

are u talking about the "insider" that said that she dislike single soon and love on and interscope made her release it? 

if it is that insider, that doesn't mean it will be even later than we expect cuz it seems she already has songs ready with her vision.  

IF the insider is somewhat correct, of course. 

i do think the album will come in 2025 tho, her year is stocked. should've been released last year, this is year it is stocked. she kinda honestly doesn't have time :rip: 

i'm rooting for 2 featurings droplets (one latin and one pop/edm) and a new era next year. 

zogie said that the album is scrapped, idk if he is reliable tho. 

I doubt the album is scrapped. Even if things went south and they want a hit or if she really is in a dispute with Interscope, there's no way she is throwing an album she's said it is almost done in the trash just because two songs she has claimed as "not related" to the actual album haven't become hits. At most she'll make a new tracklist with other songs or make a couple of new ones but there's no way she is starting from scratch again. I trust her vision and I know she still has it in her. 

Also the people she has teased during the years that worked on the songs are nowhere to be seen in the credits of SS and LO and they don't even make that type of music. It can be fun music like she said but still have her essence. 

Edited by MALAMENTE
  • Thanks 1

the way I absolutely hated Single Soon but it finally clicked and I am bopping

A92FBC95-2286-4F71-AD01-D2CE64D213F0.thu

3 hours ago, Selegend said:

New snippet.

the fact that i think 'single soon' and 'love on' are better than this song: 

.... it's not a hit from my pov. this song is such elevator music. 

but i miss selena voice like this SO much, like SO SO SO much. So i will support it being released! release it tomorrow idc 

girl fred again is anything but elevator music :deadbanana2:

He's extremely talented and I hope this gets to see the light of day

16 hours ago, 305 said:

the way I absolutely hated Single Soon but it finally clicked and I am bopping

A92FBC95-2286-4F71-AD01-D2CE64D213F0.thu

it's aging so well for me too. it's kinda like a new "i want you to know", sounded dated since it's release imo but somewhat aged like wine for me 

16 hours ago, 305 said:

girl fred again is anything but elevator music :deadbanana2:

He's extremely talented and I hope this gets to see the light of day

oh i don't know his work outside from this teaser, i'm going to listen to it btw 

but i'm not talking about him in general especially cuz i do know he's huge in Europe 

i was talking just about this song teasers. going to listen to him 

Yeah, we definitely no getting the album this year lol

Well, where is the collab with Fred?I  need this asap 

:suburban:

21 minutes ago, Selegend said:

oh i don't know his work outside from this teaser, i'm going to listen to it btw 

but i'm not talking about him in general especially cuz i do know he's huge in Europe 

i was talking just about this song teasers. going to listen to him 

Yeah he was nominated for BNA just this year lol. His music is very experimental, don’t know how to describe it because I’m gonna assume you’re not familiar with EDM/DJs but he’s got a lot of buzz in the scene because of his distinct style

She posting about Fetish and liking a post about making another GFY

Wtf is going on ?

Don't tell me those rumors about interscope are real...

:psyduck:

Edited by La Luna

If those rumors about interscope pushing her to release SS and Love One  are real then suddenly this make more sense: 

Ughh I want to know the tea 

What is going on 

Edited by La Luna

8 minutes ago, La Luna said:

She posting about Fetish and liking a post about making another GFY

Wtf is going on ?

Don't tell me those rumors about interscope are real...

her IG stories basically confirmed it for me :gaycat7: 

glad she woke up and the fact that i always liked interscope cuz i always thought they were good with this selena "not prioritizing music" career. giving her space and artistic freedom and still a little investment. i feel so dumb rn 

but if it is 100% true it's like SO wrong cuz besides making an artist that has a +15yrs career release something she doesn't want (that's already bad) they went whis this questionable (to say the very least, i like both songs and i listen to it daily but we know it's not the same artistic level she has reached before) artistic direction. ???????????

they just LACKED artistic vision and are 100% sold on tiktok in the worst possible way and they are not even thinking about the fact that a lot of tiktok virals are praising songs with quality and lyrics, not everything is carefree pop there at all. look at "people you know". 

i'm pissed with them. 

Edited by Selegend

49 minutes ago, Selegend said:

her IG stories basically confirmed it for me :gaycat7: 

glad she woke up and the fact that i always liked interscope cuz i always thought they were good with this selena "not prioritizing music" career. giving her space and artistic freedom and still a little investment. i feel so dumb rn 

but if it is 100% true it's like SO wrong cuz besides making an artist that has a +15yrs career release something she doesn't want (that's already bad) they went whis this questionable (to say the very least, i like both songs and i listen to it daily but we know it's not the same artistic level she has reached before) artistic direction. ???????????

they just LACKED artistic vision and are 100% sold on tiktok in the worst possible way and they are not even thinking about the fact that a lot of tiktok virals are praising songs with quality and lyrics, not everything is carefree pop there at all. look at "people you know". 

i'm pissed with them. 

Damn I'm so mad. We deserved another GFY. A good pop/r&b album.

Interscope ain't no sh*t. I'm glad to be a hater since day 1 lol. I will always keep my foot on Interscope's neck. I hope Selena will do the same from now. 

Never forget, this is the same label that tried to stop her from chosing GFY as lead. A bunch of clowns, I'm telling you.

I knew something was fishy about them. Sometimes they been moving weird, as if she's a C-list or something. I mean, the midweek releases, the lack of a well planed rollout, the cheap and dirty banners around the city( while others artists were getting expensive promo) and now forcing her to release trash songs? A mess. Do they think she's Bebe Rexha and Zara Larsson peers?

The lack of respect is too much.

They trying to appeal to TikTok is hilarious because where did they get the idea that people wanted SS or Love On type of songs from Selena?

Fetish and  PYK were the ones going viral there. Mid tempo songs with relatable lyrics.

The GP has spoken. Very louder, mind you.

How  they missed the mark so bad? I don't get it.

Plus,  TikTok banned some artists songs( Selena included) So releasing songs based on TikTok taste is kinda useless rn. Why release TikTok songs if they can't  be played/promoted on TikTok?

Like, what's the reason? 

Also, Aleen is useless. We, as a fanbase, need to have this conversation. She doesn't know sh*t about music and barely get Selena booked on projects. Selena herself is doing a better job. What's the point of having Aleen?

Edited by La Luna

It's a good thing that SS and Love One tanked hard. The GP said NO!

Let's see if that stupid label will learn and do better from now 

:ryan3:

4 minutes ago, La Luna said:

It's a good thing that SS and Love One tanked hard. The GP said NO!

Let's see if that stupid label will learn and do better from now 

:ryan3:

imagine seeing people on your neck cuz of songs that u didn't even care about in the first place 

i'm so annoyed 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.