Lana Del Rey

Living Legend

9 hours ago, Ayanaa said:

12.2m! I just can't with ther Spotify numbers anymore, the fact she is now only doing 200k less streams then somebody like Doja Cat... just wow

I think she was at ~13M with Blue Banisters first day numbers...so it's kinda crazy to see she's about to outpeak her last big release numbers and she's not even doing anything at the moment :gaycat6:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aethereal

• VeniceBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, nasa said:

COCC and BB are both perfection, piano hoes where u at 

YES! These two and NFR are her trinity and I doubt that it will change at any time soon. :jonny5:

Acadia might be the best song she’s ever written. The way she opens the song with “My Body’s a map of LA”, and every metaphor that follows are tied to that first line is just ******* genius. This is Lana at her best! This is when the song writer in her and Poet are somehow met in the middle and utilize one another’s strength! :monkey: She’s a ******* musical genius. We just need louder productions  Queen :hippo:

I’ve came to a conclusion that COTC is better melodically, but BB is better lyrically! Lana’s feel good music must be an acquired taste - especially as a pop music fan, you don’t expect what’s described as “feel good” to be so slow and quiet. However, Im starting to see  why Chemtrail can be considered her  happiest album :giraffe:. It’s so slow, but comforting; calming but not depressing. BB is kinda Chemtral’s more poetic and less musical sister. As a musical project, COTC is so much more cohesive in every aspect; therefore, It’s clear which one is a better album now :giraffe:

On 9/30/2022 at 12:40 AM, Shoful said:

I can’t believe I still see Chemtrails hate here. BB is legit trash. If Bathing Suit and Lie Down weren’t on the album I wouldn’t touch the album at all. The first half of Chemtrails and Yosemite are all career highlights!

I don't know what's worse, your trash taste (imagine thinking Lie Down with those fart trumpets is the album highlight) or calling BB trash.

On 9/30/2022 at 12:16 PM, nasa said:

COCC and BB are both perfection, piano hoes where u at 

Amen :allears:

Some of the takes in here :toofunny3: 

It's one thing to think BB isn't that bad - no, it isn't horrible - but to genuinely like it / consider it a great album / have it in your top? A travesty - and insult to her discog :skull:

7 hours ago, SadGirl said:

COCC is actually one of her best albums while BB is her worst :celestial4:

Lame For Life and Blue Balls are tied for her worst albums. They’re very similar in that they lack cohesion and seem like a collection of songs from various genres and eras.

But I will say- I’m starting to appreciate BB more this autumn. It’s definitely an immersive album when it’s consumed in the right environment. Colored leaves, brisk morning walks, coffee- it’s a vibe. LFL just doesn’t have that effect :giraffe:

Edited by CottageHore

When I look back

Tracing fingertips

Over plastic bags…

AOTY is coming :alexz:

24 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

When I look back

Tracing fingertips

Over plastic bags…

She can save that for her second poetry book :celestial4:.

Hope the label sees the streaming stats and persuade her to make something sonically similar to UltraViolence! :giraffe:

Also, not too much on LUST FOR BOPS! It has soo many bops; Just skip the songs you don’t like :giraffe:

All 10/10 

Lust for Love 

White Mustang

13 Beaches 

Cherry 

Get Free 

Tomorrow never came 

Love (the demo :monkey:

8-9/10 

In my feeling 

Groupie love 

Summer Bummer 

Heroin

The rest can be chopped! 

I blame EvilPeoleEvilProblem for most people’s perception of the albuml! 

Edited by Kh-Loud

Her streaming numbers are truly insane! TALENT WON :redface:

If that collab with Taylor Swift happens her catalog stats will go through the roof 

2 hours ago, stjosephprey4us said:

When I look back

Tracing fingertips

Over plastic bags…

This def seems like it's gonna be Arcadia'd...and as a boomer'd stan I'm absolutely here for that.

Not another seasonal classic in the bag. Once she does a melancholic Christmas album it really is over for everyone else.

Chemtrails and Blue Banisters are both stellar albums btw. Metacritic scores don’t lie hihi :heart2:

On 9/30/2022 at 9:46 AM, R.E.M. said:

maybe it was too ahead of its time for certain people

too bad the glitch on spotify (is it fixed yet) makes me avoid to visit this track 

I'm convinced a covers album from her would smash harder than an actual studio album :jonny5:

13 minutes ago, NOW said:

I'm convinced a covers album from her would smash harder than an actual studio album :jonny5:

oh I can see this smashing on tiktok  :lakitu:

I had no idea The Other Woman was a cover :deadbanana4: which other songs of hers are covers? Blue Velvet and Once Upon A Dream I already knew those songs before Lana

5 minutes ago, Bacardo Royale said:

I had no idea The Other Woman was a cover :deadbanana4: which other songs of hers are covers? Blue Velvet and Once Upon A Dream I already knew those songs before Lana

Doin Time, Season Of the Witch, Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood and For Free, she has a couple unreleased covers too

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.