• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aristotle

• VeniceBeach

2 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Tomorrow is the first day of fall which means it's time stream the perfect fall album ↓

tumblr_mkyxyakEAJ1s94iluo1_500.gifv

Image not showing up for me, but I assume it's this?

Lana-Del-Rey-Blue-Banisters-Album-Cover.jpg

26 minutes ago, NOW said:

Image not showing up for me, but I assume it's this?

Lana-Del-Rey-Blue-Banisters-Album-Cover.jpg

Naur it was the album that features that **** yeah give it to me this heaven what i truly want hymn

akg5LxG.gif

5 hours ago, NOW said:

It's so nice to see new stans getting into her music, especially the newer stuff :flower:Both albums are probably the biggest slow burners in her discography. I guess without the extra bells and whistles you have no choice but to sit with them and dissect the lyrics, which are some of her best yet.

Not surprised from the "We did it for fun, we did it for free" singer :gaycat6:

If I were to pick all my favorites from both albums and compress it into one, I think it would be my favorite Lana’s album lol.

Dance Til We Die finally clicked last night. When her BORN To Die voice came out toward the end of the song :flame::flame:

————

Also, these unreleased uptempos are like no joke, holy Del Rey de Lana . Much much better than some girls’ discography! I really love her early song writing - she used to be sooo extra with the similes and metaphor :sun: I hope we get to see the Popstar Lana again! 

-St Tropez 

-Be my Daddy

-Jealous girl 

-seriel killers 

-Roses 

-She’s not me 

-beautiful played ( this freaking song is sooo unique and catchy, like WTF. It’s so creative yet so catchy, a perfect pop song. It sounds like 10 weeks #1 on Hot100)” :giraffe:

-dangerous girls 

-Paradise 

-a lot more…… 

spacer.png

Edited by Kh-Loud

11 hours ago, Kh-Loud said:

If I were to pick all my favorites from both albums and compress it into one, I think it would be my favorite Lana’s album lol.

Dance Til We Die finally clicked last night. When her BORN To Die voice came out toward the end of the song :flame::flame:

————

Also, these unreleased uptempos are like no joke, holy Del Rey de Lana . Much much better than some girls’ discography! I really love her early song writing - she used to be sooo extra with the similes and metaphor :sun: I hope we get to see the Popstar Lana again! 

-St Tropez 

-Be my Daddy

-Jealous girl 

-seriel killers 

-Roses 

-She’s not me 

-beautiful played ( this freaking song is sooo unique and catchy, like WTF. It’s so creative yet so catchy, a perfect pop song. It sounds like 10 weeks #1 on Hot100)” :giraffe:

-dangerous girls 

-Paradise 

-a lot more…… 

I agree, there is an album just as good as NFR! in between the Chemtrails and BB songs if she was more selective and spent more time on the mastering.

--

I love all her early demos too...I'm more of a BBM Baby and TV in Black and White fan these days. I wish she threw them onto a 10th anniversary b-sides section.

16 hours ago, James_Dean said:

Tomorrow is the first day of fall which means it's time stream the perfect fall album ↓

tumblr_mkyxyakEAJ1s94iluo1_500.gifv

BTDTPE is a summer alboom :rip:

5 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

It's a transitioning into Fall album wyd :psyduck:

you've clearly never been in a trailer park full of smelly drug addicts in the middle of summer :biblio:

7 minutes ago, Gorgeous said:

you've clearly never been in a trailer park full of smelly drug addicts in the middle of summer :biblio:

You got me there!

taQMdeu.jpg

1 hour ago, NOW said:

I agree, there is an album just as good as NFR! in between the Chemtrails and BB songs if she was more selective and spent more time on the mastering.

--

I love all her early demos too...I'm more of a BBM Baby and TV in Black and White fan these days. I wish she threw them onto a 10th anniversary b-sides section.

The lyrics to TV in Black and White are soo poetic; It’s so simple, yet so impactful. 

BBM Baby is also a bop. I listen to her unreleased songs alot too mainly because most of them are mid-tempo, which is more appropriate for alot more occasions through out the day than her super snoozy one lol. Like I LOVE love LOVE HONEYMOON and SWEET CAROLINA , but god they are just so slow and quiet, so I have to be in the mood for it. 

Also, I think HAPPINESS IS A BUTTEFLY might be the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard in my life both lyrically and melodically, or at least top 5 :jonny6::monkey:  

Is she supposed to release a new album or something? She seems sooo happy recently :monkey::monkey:

Are we going to get a Happy Lana who wants to make songs with EPIC INSTRUMENTS? 

47 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

The lyrics to TV in Black and White are soo poetic; It’s so simple, yet so impactful. 

BBM Baby is also a bop. I listen to her unreleased songs alot too mainly because most of them are mid-tempo, which is more appropriate for alot more occasions through out the day than her super snoozy one lol. Like I LOVE love LOVE HONEYMOON and SWEET CAROLINA , but god they are just so slow and quiet, so I have to be in the mood for it. 

Also, I think HAPPINESS IS A BUTTEFLY might be the most beautiful song I’ve ever heard in my life both lyrically and melodically, or at least top 5 :jonny6::monkey:  

Happiness is a butterfly is insane, I know she knew she did something on that one because she posted a ton of teasers before the album came out :gaycat6:

45 minutes ago, Kh-Loud said:

Is she supposed to release a new album or something? She seems sooo happy recently :monkey::monkey:

Are we going to get a Happy Lana who wants to make songs with EPIC INSTRUMENTS? 

She said in an interview back in spring she's angry on this next album but would really love to see what the results are since she's spent a lot of time on it and she does seem to be in a really good place compared to the last few years. I feel like it's gonna be like Blue Banisters but this time she's had more time to refine it.

I’ve been practicing meditative automatic singing, where I don’t filter anything. I’ll just sing whatever comes to mind into my Voice Notes app. It’s not perfect, obviously. There are pauses, and I stumble. But I’ve been sending those really raw-sounding files to a composer, Drew Erickson, and he’ll add an orchestra beneath the words, matching each syllable with music and adding reverb to my voice. When I’m automatic singing, I don’t have the time and leisure to think about things in terms of colors. It’s very cerebral. In Honeymoon, there were so many color references: “Sometimes I wake up in the morning to red, blue, and yellow skies. It’s so crazy I could drink it like tequila sunrise.” For this new music, there’s none of that at all. It’s more just like: I’m angry. The songs are very conversational. For the first song, I pressed record and sang, “When I look back, tracing fingertips over plastic bags, I think I wish I could extrapolate some small intention or maybe get your attention for a minute or two.” It’s a very wordy album. So there’s no room for color. It’s almost like I’m typing in my mind.

She also teased a short snippet of a song she did with Oscar/Grammy winner Jon Batiste...

1 hour ago, NOW said:

Happiness is a butterfly is insane, I know she knew she did something on that one because she posted a ton of teasers before the album came out :gaycat6:

She said in an interview back in spring she's angry on this next album but would really love to see what the results are since she's spent a lot of time on it and she does seem to be in a really good place compared to the last few years. I feel like it's gonna be like Blue Banisters but this time she's had more time to refine it.

She also teased a short snippet of a song she did with Oscar/Grammy winner Jon Batiste...

“It’s a very wordy album, so there’s no room for colors”  :rip::bird: 

Why did that make me scream so loud?  

Blue Banister might be her best lyrically. However, I hope LDR10 is not too similar to it socially though since BB and Chemtrail are already very similar in that aspect.

It would be a dream to get something similar to Honeymoon or Ultraviolence, but I guess there’s no room for color:toofunny3:

On holiday last week I needed some relaxing, soothing music and I immediately went for COCC and BB. It's interesting, because HM and UV are my favourite albums by her, but yet I always go to these two when I want to "really" listen to Lana.

It's crazy how exceptionally good COCC's title track still is. I can't imagine how it must sound live.

BTD and Paradise are def summer albums. Id say UV is for those rainy cold days that are about to come. 

Omg I can’t believe this song didn’t make it to NFR, Chemtrail nor Blue Banister! The chorus is sooo catchy :jonny6:

Why is she hoarding all her great songs?? 

Another day, another slay without lifting a finger

2 hours ago, Living Legend said:

Someone uploaded her unreleased on Spotify again

this happens every other month at this point 

her team should have convinced her to do some cute unreleased collection with the good unreleased songs on it:biblionny:

The Lana unreleased playlist having hundreds of thousands of followers, several versions of Queen Of Disaster racking up streams daily :deadbanana: The demand

On 9/22/2022 at 2:23 PM, NOW said:

1. White Dress

2. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

3. Wild at Heart

4. Yosemite

5. Text Book

6. Black Bathing Suit

7. Thunder (demo version)

8. Wildflower Wildfire

9. Sweet Carolina 

10. Watercolor Eyes

11. Summertime (The Gershwin Version)

an actual serve

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.