Lana Del Rey

Living Legend

BB had such little replay value for me it’s crazy. It’s not that I think it’s a bad album (although I went back and forth on dragging it/liking it when released), but I haven’t found myself going back to it, not even to individual tracks.

I think I like it but just don’t feel the need to listen to it. That may be reason enough to place it second to last on my Lana albums ranking.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NOW

• ontherocks

• Aethereal

• VeniceBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/27/2022 at 7:45 AM, stjosephprey4us said:

1. White Dress

2. Chemtrails Over the Country Club

3. Wild at Heart

4. Yosemite

5. Text Book

6. Black Bathing Suit

7. Thunder (demo version)

8. Wildflower Wildfire

9. Sweet Carolina 

10. Watercolor Eyes

11. Summertime (The Gershwin Version)

an actual serve

Is that a crack 

11 minutes ago, NOW said:

These two will fight it out for 2nd place all throughout the fall I fear :gayorkcat4:

Jesus she's smashing, I still can't believe it :deadbanana4:

15 minutes ago, NOW said:

These two will fight it out for 2nd place all throughout the fall I fear :gayorkcat4:

We love two timeless masterpieces :clap3:

28 minutes ago, NOW said:

What the actual hell is that emoji :skull:

16 minutes ago, VeniceBeach said:

Is that a crack 

Fine, let it be the first 8 and let it be her second EP (in the vein of Paradise) :alexz:

Unpopular opinion but I’m actually ready for the new album. I know it will be her best material yet and she needs to release it. 

Do yall think this is true?

The fact that they used Lana's face for the album artwork. :jonny4:

3 hours ago, FightForTanas said:

Do yall think this is true?

The fact that they used Lana's face for the album artwork. :jonny4:

This is tragic. :toofunny2:

Blue Banisters unexpectedly grew on me, it still is inferior to Chemtrails and has small replay value but I really like it. She never misses.

BB horrible; as someone else said it has NO replay value. I can honestly say I've listened to the album in full twice, almost three times. It drags, it is so boring

Blue Balls took some time to grow on me but I really like it. I still hate the fact that she put YT rips on the album and called it a day, but they make sense somehow. I just wish she reworked them a bit.

I still go back to the Blue Banisters, Wildflower Wildfire, Text Book, Arcadia, Black Bathing Suit, If You Lie Down, Dealer, and Thunder mostly. Beautiful is the only track I cannot stand on the album though.

4 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

I’m thinking she renewed her contract with the Illuminati. Her recent commercial rise feels like it just came out of nowhere to me :deadbanana:. I can’t tell if it’s management/label fuel ala Dua Lipa and Billie or organic. Dua Lipa got playlisted, money pumped online marketing for a few years before the break out same with Billie. Lana feels like she’s back in that stage right now which is so weird because she’s not new :rip:.

The lead from her new album is going to be big commercially I fear.

It's TikTok's magic. Just like Taylor's streams exploded last year when she joined the platform and released Red TV (they were already huge but still). Lana's songs are going viral every day including her unreleased tracks. :skull: She's sooooo loved on the app. Her music is melancholic, dramatic, moody-sounding and people find it extremely soothing, therapeutic, and cathartic.

Her label isn't doing **** to promote her though. Outside of the Summertime Sadness sped up remix I don't recall them doing anything else actually. Her playlisting is still bad for the amount of streams she's pulling daily and for someone who is competing with girls who have several #1 hits and Top 10s. :deadbanana4:

5 hours ago, Pop pop123 said:

I’m thinking she renewed her contract with the Illuminati. Her recent commercial rise feels like it just came out of nowhere to me :deadbanana:. I can’t tell if it’s management/label fuel ala Dua Lipa and Billie or organic. Dua Lipa got playlisted, money pumped online marketing for a few years before the break out same with Billie. Lana feels like she’s back in that stage right now which is so weird because she’s not new :rip:.

The lead from her new album is going to be big commercially I fear.

I think she will have a Despacito sized hit and will send the GeePee & critics into a monumental trance when she starts the song with "Sylvia....

Edited by ontherocks

My issue with Blue Bannisters is that an otherwise great album is weighed down by filler. It's especially frustrating considering she has better songs in the vault (e.g., Fine China, Say Yes To Heaven, Your Girl - pretty much any UV outtake barring Hollywood and JFK).

She could've even reworked some of her early stuff like Pawnshop Blues.

If you take away the unreleased from other eras BB is actually a lot stronger / more palatable:

1. Text Book

2. Blue Banisters

3. Arcadia

4. Interlude

5. Black Bathing Suit

6. If You Lie Down With Me

7. Beautiful

8. Violets for Roses

9. Wildflower Wildfire

10. Sweet Carolina

like this actually makes sense as an album to me. Maybe (and I do mean maybe) throw Thunder on there but definitely not Dealer :pukey:

an insider on here even said she scrapped more songs from this era (we know at least of Rock Candy Sweet / Loved You Then and Now) so she could’ve easily tacked on a few more songs and had this album not be a complete and utter flop

12 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

If you take away the unreleased from other eras BB is actually a lot stronger / more palatable:

1. Text Book

2. Blue Banisters

3. Arcadia

4. Interlude

5. Black Bathing Suit

6. If You Lie Down With Me

7. Beautiful

8. Violets for Roses

9. Wildflower Wildfire

10. Sweet Carolina

like this actually makes sense as an album to me. Maybe (and I do mean maybe) throw Thunder on there but definitely not Dealer :pukey:

an insider on here even said she scrapped more songs from this era (we know at least of Rock Candy Sweet / Loved You Then and Now) so she could’ve easily tacked on a few more songs and had this album not be a complete and utter flop

If You Lie Down With Me is from UV 

14 minutes ago, Kimi said:

If You Lie Down With Me is from UV 

There’s literally no credible confirmation of that though :ace: even BZ said he wasn’t sure

2 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

There’s literally no credible confirmation of that though :ace: even BZ said he wasn’t sure

Barrie cowrote it, it’s literally common sense.

57 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Barrie cowrote it, it’s literally common sense.

Drew Erickson also wrote and produced it, hihi :heart2:

Edited by stjosephprey4us

3 minutes ago, stjosephprey4us said:

Drew Erickson also wrote and produced it, hihi :heart2:

ok and? he clearly added something to that Lana/Barrie demo made years ago.

11 minutes ago, Kimi said:

ok and? he clearly added something to that Lana/Barrie demo made years ago.

You're speaking like you know ddd it's not obvious, no - and you could be right, but you/we definitely don't know for sure Lmao

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.