• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

1 minute ago, frankvert said:
  Hide contents

Fair point, I agree with you and think the Close to You scene is probably the best example of that in the entire movie. That evil grin she makes and look of her eyes :ghostface:

I guess for me that kind of got lost because the showiness of Joaquin's part overshadowed her subdued insanity. Not to say she should be mangling judges with mallets like him… But her kissing the old lady outside the court, the UNHINGED That's Entertainment performance on the stairs, more solo scenes of her maybe reading a psychology book on abuse victims, would have made that dynamic come across more effectively imo. 

Spoiler

I feel like it wouldn't have served the plot but I wanna see it on streaming because that's mom at her best :rip:

A somewhat positive reaction. 

3 minutes ago, Sheep said:
  Hide contents

I feel like it wouldn't have served the plot but I wanna see it on streaming because that's mom at her best :rip:

Spoiler

That performance would've been the final act of betrayal before the fatal blow (loved the juxtaposition between fantasy and reality there, btw). Think it would've worked beautifully and drove home Lee's insanity.

Like my point is her manipulation of Arthur is implied via vague dialogue and plot developments, why not go for the jugular? It's the same end result but a more entertaining and satisfying journey getting there. 

Edited by frankvert

1 minute ago, frankvert said:
  Hide contents

That performance would've been the final act of betrayal before the fatal blow (loved the juxtaposition between fantasy and reality there, btw). Think it would've worked beautifully and drove home Lee's insanity.

Like my point is if it's implied via vague dialogue and plot developments, why not go for the jugular? It's the same end result but a more entertaining and satisfying journey getting there. 

Spoiler

My biggest problem with the first movie is that they would show something then explain it then show it again.

I feel like they made a better mix here where you know exactly what to take away from events but they don't beat you over the head with the intended reading of what's real vs what's fake.

There's a song Joaquin sings in the credits that sounded really good - can't wait for soundtrack on Friday :duca: 

So is she at the live recording thing?

what are they recording anyway?

8 minutes ago, Sheep said:
  Hide contents

My biggest problem with the first movie is that they would show something then explain it then show it again.

I feel like they made a better mix here where you know exactly what to take away from events but they don't beat you over the head with the intended reading of what's real vs what's fake.

Spoiler

Ehh I was lowkey SHOOK by Zazie's plot twist in the first Joker. In FAD, Joker and Harley were obviously never on a variety show in any instance of reality. :rip: Same with the waltz and courtroom performance. BTW, where was the performance on the outside of the court steps in the flower dress? How did THAT not even make it in when it was in multiple trailers? 

The only comparable plot twist moment here is the cut to the final scene, which I don't think a showy performance just before (still starting off the same way it did, just growing to something more maniacal) would take away from that. 

it's really the editing that's the main problem for me. Especially because we know what was filmed outside. 

Edited by frankvert

Tbh, it's so great to keep seeing Gaga being praised to high heavens even though a lot of reviews are dragging the movie to the pits.:fan: yes gaga, yes talent :mandown:

well, at least now we know why 

she couldn't put DWAS on Harlequin without ruining the ending of the movie

:skull: 

• Haha 3

Anyway, idk if there's any premieres left, but no matter how mixed the reviews are, at least this time we didn't get any bad looks in and out of the red carpet. Gaga, Sarah, Frederic and Tom/Sandra really served this time around

lady-gaga-attends-joker-folie-88929038.j4f2dda274e6a-gettyimages-2174474123.jpg

Lady-Gaga-Joker-2-Premiere-093024-2-fdc8

• Like 7

Just now, Miracle said:

Anyway, idk if there's any premieres left, but no matter how mixed the reviews are, at least this time we didn't get any bad looks in and out of the red carpet. Gaga, Sarah, Frederic and Tom/Sandra really served this time around

Fantastic :clap3:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, frankvert said:
Spoiler

BTW, where was the performance on the outside of the court steps in the flower dress? How did THAT not even make it in when it was in multiple trailers? 

Spoiler

THAT not being in the final cut gagged me, I was upset that didn't make it and they only showed them at the top of the stairs for a moment before moving on to the next musical sequence :skull: It was even in that final small trailer where we got the angle of them dancing up and down. That whole tap dancing gone to waste :shakeno:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Domination said:

well, at least now we know why 

Hide contents

she couldn't put DWAS on Harlequin without ruining the ending of the movie

:skull: 

:bibliahh:

Just now, Miracle said:

vs

GettyImages-1352307024.jpg

GdWXDwrSTGXL7sikarSJ5A-1200-80.jpeg

lady-gaga-house-of-gucci-milan-premiere-

house-of-gucci-ny-4.jpg?w=710

Spoiler

People are REALLY panning the ending. :deadbanana4:

Oh they added lyrics for Harlequin on Spotify :hippo:

Never done before vocals, uh? :thing:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Namiskine said:

She seems a lot more excited about LG7 compared to Joanne and Chromatica tbh. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Namiskine said:

Maybe guturals like in Abracadabra?

7 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:
  Reveal hidden contents

People are REALLY panning the ending. :deadbanana4:

Am I the only one who thought it was appropriate for the kind of movie and message it was trying to convey?

• Thanks 1

Oh and the beginning!

Spoiler

I thought it was cool! I knew it was starting with an animation but I didn't know it was gonna be all that. The thing with the shadow made it clear that this was the angle the film (or at least the defense team) was going to try 

4 minutes ago, opbranden said:

Am I the only one who thought it was appropriate for the kind of movie and message it was trying to convey?

It definitely was appropriate. For me, the movie just couldn't justify that payoff but that was the most logical ending maybe short of

Lee killing him herself

but that would have required a much more interesting movie from the outset!

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.