Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

I actually don't even care about a single right now. Just give me an album announcement :WAP:

• Replies 213.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Infernal Paradise

• Almodusa

• Artur

• hausofbryan

Just now, ToniGaga96 said:

But we know this part isn't true. The only reliable insider told us that the special was supposed to be released in February, which means the teasing of LG7 would have started much earlier in the year. The TikTok debacle with UMG likely derailed that plan. 

Fortnite makes sense with that in mind; otherwise, it is just a wasted occasion.

Both could be true :michael: she could have wanted to release the concert special alongside Fortnite in the same month acting as final Chromatica cross promotion. As far as I remember the person from Reddit never mentioned anything about music; the song might not have even been ready to have a snippet from at that point if they were recording through spring and it's hardly been pushed on TikTok since the special airing outside Gaga liking some fan screening reactions.

That reliable Popjustice poster said there was no talk of releasing an album in 2024 until recently so it really depends at what point that changed (and also warned us against expecting anything in June when we were all convinced something was happening this month).

• Like 1

I don't really mind her doing those gigs. It is not like Gaga performing in a private event has impact on when the lead single is coming. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sannie said:

She is an entertainer and artist first and foremost; she genuinely enjoys performing jazz and probably, and I'm just guessing here, feels like she is doing something important by spreading jazz and Tony's legacy to new audiences. Shouldn't we like the fact that she still enjoys entertaining after all these years? Isn't it a sign that she's still "in it"? Haven't we spent the majority of the last four years pondering whether or not she still wanted to be a musician? Her heart is still in it if she's willing to do these gigs. 

You have to let go of this constant obsession with what other artists are doing in comparison to what Gaga does. Gaga is not the same type of artist or entertainer Rihanna (:rip:) or Beyonce are. Gaga has no ego when it comes to jazz; she would probably perform at the local park if the time and money were right. She wants to show up and sing because of how much she loves doing it. That's just a product of her loving jazz and having no ego.

You've made some good points, and I'm really glad she's happy. I'm happy you're happy too, and it's great that she's making money doing something she clearly loves.

It's just a bit sad for me that she doesn't seem to have the same passion for what originally made me fall in love with her artistry.

Of course, it's her life, and she should do whatever she likes best. It's just a little selfishly sad for me to see that she isn't as passionate about her pop persona as she is about her jazz/oldGa persona.

Maybe COVID affected what Chromatica could have been, and that has influenced my perception of this situation.

Who knows? Maybe with LG7, she'll surprise me again. :heart:

(But I doubt it, cause JazzGa will be put to rest only to ActressGa to come back online :laugh:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ToniGaga96 said:

performing at weddings or private parties may be more suitable for someone like Jessie J, rather than a legendary artist such as Gaga

not this drive-by shade :laugh::bibliahh:Lettuce Pray for miss Jessie J to get another smash hit 

nene-leakes.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Jessie said:

That reliable Popjustice poster said there was no talk of releasing an album in 2024 until recently so it really depends at what point that changed (and also warned us against expecting anything in June when we were all convinced something was happening this month).

Apparently the special was ready to go in the same form we received last month, or at least that was what he alluded to.

+ Various reliable insiders told us different things, and we can debate all day long but we will never know in detail what was supposed to happen and what wasn't.

The only thing that makes me think something was ready is the fact that she was in the studio adding horns to the record, and that's something you do last in the production process. But then again, we will never have a clear picture, just hypothetical ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Reginald said:

not this drive-by shade :laugh::bibliahh:Lettuce Pray for miss Jessie J to get another smash hit 

nene-leakes.gif

Was I unnecessarily mean? 

spacer.png

spacer.png

:ryan3:

• Haha 2

I need the full video 'cause the Sped Up Version at TCB wasn't it. 

Edited by charot
  • Like 1

51 Minutes...

lady-gaga-lady-gaga-lg7-tease.gif

• Haha 2

Stefani collecting a shipped back album from June

• Haha 8

Her incessant teasing on instagram for two month and then the return to silence until now is one of the biggest mysteries of the year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Canonical Ensembl said:

Stefani collecting a shipped back album from June

She looked so good here

• Like 3

The liddo detectives never get tired.

20 minutes ago, ToniGaga96 said:

Apparently the special was ready to go in the same form we received last month, or at least that was what he alluded to.

+ Various reliable insiders told us different things, and we can debate all day long but we will never know in detail what was supposed to happen and what wasn't.

The only thing that makes me think something was ready is the fact that she was in the studio adding horns to the record, and that's something you do last in the production process. But then again, we will never have a clear picture, just hypothetical ones.

Yeah, at this point it's just trying to find patterns in whatever rumblings we've been getting since November. I do think the most logical explanation is that LG7 was simply still cooking in February and there was no word to have about a release date at that point (I remember Mindtrappa also saying he tried to verify at the time if anything was dropping soon and there was crickets to report back). Considering recording sessions haven't long been finished I don't know how much I buy that there was a lead single mastered and ready to go in February and we would have got it if it weren't for the TikTok ban. Similar to how the "it got sent back" joke started to get traction as truth when nothing happened. 

I do think regardless of the timeframe, whether we could have been dancing in the shadow of a moon night as early as Feb, a 2024 release still seems more likely than not.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TheOrangeTree said:

Her incessant teasing on instagram for two month and then the return to silence until now is one of the biggest mysteries of the year. 

She was feeling excited in the studio bumpin' that beat. We are in that awkward phase now between the album being done and an actual announcement; soon is such a cursed word but we are almost there.

• Like 2

Last day of Emmy voting :dancehall:

I'd love just an album release with no single, I've wanted her to do that for many years. But we still need VISUALS with it.

Just announce it either way.

:suburban:

This post on GGD sent me :ahh:

"Master has my pathetic interview locked up"

[GagaDaily for Wii]

• Haha 9

During the chromatica era things were leaking left and right so I felt like we had some crumbs, but this time around it feels like nothing. Just the "tease" at the end of the tour film and a dip :deadbanana:

Coming for all-time peak tomorrow.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We couldn't even get a drag queen interview :monkey: 

• Haha 8

39 minutes ago, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

This post on GGD sent me :ahh:

"Master has my pathetic interview locked up"

[GagaDaily for Wii]

But she says if I'm a good feg and apply my Haus Labs Triclonic Foundation, she'll release LG7

• Haha 1

Still not even a CRUMB?

:suburban:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.