Kelly Clarkson

Phoenixstar

2 hours ago, Ampersand13 said:

I mean Wrapped in Red was RCA and before Piece By Piece, I also don’t think My December or Breakaway are overproduced? 

I don’t personally want Piece By Piece Pt. II, however, that album deserves some credit for giving us Someone, Take You High, In the Blue, Good Goes the Bye, Run Run Run, and Tightrope tour version :jamming:

I don’t really know what I’d want from her, sonically that is. Obviously we kind of know what we’re in for when it comes to a thematic arc. Whatever she delivers, I just have a feeling it’s going to be top notch 

yeah but i think WIR was different because RCA wasn’t concerned about making it pop-radio friendly. And lmao oops completely overlooked My December when I said that… you’re right, she sounds very natural on the album (which is probably part of the reason RCA hated it). But I really do think Breakaway is overproduced.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

1 hour ago, Ab1818 said:

I think a lot of people are forgetting that Julie from Atlantic said something like this album has a lot of real players, as in real instruments. This will most likely sound like the Kellyoke EP, but original songs… and I’m excited for it.

That would be fire!! 

While looking up lyrics on Genius, I stumbled upon some more titles that say "unreleased" for KC10 album...

Along with Rock Hudson and Red Flag Collector, there were:

• Psychopathic Love
  • Baby I (Bounce Back)
  • 7 Years and Gone
  • Bring Me (Higher Love)

Now, she sang Higher Love at the 2020 Billboard Music Awards... so maybe this is a cover or a mashup??

They also could be fake titles... ugh, the anticipation is killing me!! LOL :rofl:

Who ever called My December overproduced- please clean your ears :skull:

it’s the most UNDERproduced mess I’ve ever heard. And the production on it was dated even for 2007. I love MD, but overproduced it is not. 

Pxp, even though I love it, I agree I don’t need a part II- that albums themes, productions, Lyrics were a bit immature for her to be releasing where she was at the time. At the same time I really don’t want another MOL either. Somewhere in the middle.

I’d be here for a “You Love Me”, type aesthetic for KC10.  

5 minutes ago, kelli101 said:

Who ever called My December overproduced- please clean your ears :skull:

it’s the most UNDERproduced mess I’ve ever heard. And the production on it was dated even for 2007. I love MD, but overproduced it is not. 

Since we are on this topic, I do believe My December deserves a remastered version. Even though is Kelly's best album, the production really is subpar. 

12 hours ago, DEGUOM said:

Psychopathic Love

Oh hope this is a sex bop :gaycatina1:

11 hours ago, Sni2 said:

Since we are on this topic, I do believe My December deserves a remastered version. Even though is Kelly's best album, the production really is subpar. 

100%

Apparently by this time next week, some news will be released. Read it on the express forum. The way it was worded, it sounded like it would all be rolled out in pieces, a bit like a puzzle. Anybody with any more information? 

1 hour ago, Julianna Calm Down said:

Apparently by this time next week, some news will be released. Read it on the express forum. The way it was worded, it sounded like it would all be rolled out in pieces, a bit like a puzzle. Anybody with any more information? 

Hashtag piece by piece :gaycat3:

What if the lead was a duet with Pink? A stan can dream. :weeps:

Edited by MJ Boston

3 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Hashtag piece by piece :gaycat3:

Noooooooo :ahh:

All of this PBP really has brought me back to rediscover some of her best tracks, like Someone is a lyrical masterpiece that I didn’t appreciate at the time. In The Blue is top 15 discography for me and Nostalgic is just gorgeous (and I would’ve loved it to be lead). 

I think a lot of our “disinterest” in the album stemmed from the lashings the cover got, how basic HBS was as a lead (even though it kinda is pop perfection, it just wasn’t the type of song she should’ve been making at that stage of her life/career) and the fact Invincjble was just… well… the shambolic circus music mess it is. The rest of the album has a lot of good standalone songs (note, I guess there’s no real thread through the album, but is that not what she tired to compensate for with the title?)

Predicting a album/single announcement and the Las Vegas residency announcement. 

iHeart radio awards are the same day in LA so maybe she’ll perform a medley of hits to promote.

Hopefully not just a jeff Goldblum announcement lol.

Edited by Ab1818

Okay girls which one of you got tickets to the virtual taping and is going to give us the lowdown on Friday?? 

Randomly thought of Never Again a few days ago and played it after a million years, whew what a song, deserved to smash so hard. The video however...

5 minutes ago, tost1 said:

Randomly thought of Never Again a few days ago and played it after a million years, whew what a song, deserved to smash so hard. The video however...

..is also excellent, I agree.

While I hope the music announcement is something substantial, I can't help but wonder if it's just her announcing the Jeff collab (right before they perform it) or teasing whatever she's going to be performing at IHeartRadio since it'll air the same day.

Edited by Admiral Bobbery

3 hours ago, RealityBites said:

Do I need to be residing in the US for me to attend a virtual taping?

13 minutes ago, EnterTheAttic said:

Do I need to be residing in the US for me to attend a virtual taping?

I think so

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.