• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

45 minutes ago, wren said:

Honestly I just want her in the running to do a James Bond theme song. She would kill it. 

Me too but unfortunately they would never offer to her cuz she’s not “edgy”. But you’re so right. She would make that amazing. I want her to write it too so she gets the Oscar credit 

1 hour ago, wren said:

Honestly I just want her in the running to do a James Bond theme song. She would kill it. 

Agreed but only if she writes or cowrites it. I want her to get an Oscar nom.

8 hours ago, Ab1818 said:

I’m a bit confused on what you’re asking, but Meghan’s success is because she’s been building her fan base on Tik Tok for years.

Made You Look went viral and recently released an acapella version with a Christmas themed video. They put Made You Look, Made You Look acapella and the next potential single together on Spotify. Now Pentatonix has a Christmas song with her and she’s one of the most listened to artists on Spotify.

Sometimes I wish KC jumped on TikTok. Behind These Hazel Eyes had a big viral moment this year and UTT has tons of hit videos.

You answered for me :) I had no idea she had been doing any of this (I don’t have tiktok so had no clue lol)

7 hours ago, kellysclarkson said:

She does have a KCS tiktok, which is usually used for clips, but really Meghan's success is down to her collaborations on TikTok rather than her, most specifically with Chris Olsen. It would be cool if Kelly's team collaborated with some big TikTokers (like a dance to UTT or something) 

it does seem like tiktok is an area they should target properly. It feels like the sped up SCYHM had that in mind but felt rushed.

6 hours ago, Admiral Bobbery said:

They did do something similar to this during the MOL era with all of those Medicine YouTube covers they got. Did nothing for the song but it was an interesting idea. Maybe doing it with TikTok would actually do something.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Didn’t work out but it’s an interesting idea. I hope it shows promise for thinking out of the box, maybe even hiring a social media pr company or something 

I’ve seen so much effort put in by Ariana fans to get her single “Santa Tell Me” in the top 10 of BBH 100.

Kelly fans? Crickets.

STM is likely to outpeak UTT 

Edited by Rv1709

1 hour ago, jpsketch said:

Actually shocked by the views of this.People are hungry for Broadway Kelly :giraffe:

They really killed :clap3:

This & She Used To Be Mine both are evidence she could get that EGT if she wanted it

Omg under the mistletoe charted in the uk… another reminded to Atlantic to promote new music properly in uk (big market where Kelly is very popular) 

Underneath The Tree

Austria - 12
The Netherlands - 13
Germany - 14
Switzerland - 16 (last week's position)
USA - 17 (last week's position)

UK - 18
Slovakia - 18
Ireland - 19
Luxembourg - 21

Lithuania - 23
Hungary Streaming - 22
Australia - 24 (new peak)

Czech Republic - 25
Canada - 30 (last week's position)
New Zealand - 30 (first time ever charting)
Greece - 58
Portugal - 79

South Korea Streaming - 83
Sweden - 88
South Korea Digital - 88

Santa Can't You hear Me
Ireland - 37 (matches last year's peak)
UK - 43
Switzerland - 52

Germany - 71
Austria - 75
USA - 92 (last week's position)

Under The Mistletoe
UK - 83 (bit shocked at this one)

WIR Album

USA - 29 (last week's position)
The Netherlands - 29
Canada - 40 (last week's position)

4 hours ago, BravoTangoWhiskey said:

Omg under the mistletoe charted in the uk… another reminded to Atlantic to promote new music properly in uk (big market where Kelly is very popular) 

Cc Atlantic 

note last hit here was HBS which was top 5

(pls give some push here 😂 I’m a broken record cos MoL success here was so disappointing) 

also I’ve updated my big annual spreadsheet of Spotify gains so it looks a bit nicer and is clearer. Fingers crossed:

a) atrl works on the 1st of Jan (lol)

b) if users on other forums use my data, they actually credit they saw it on atrl and don’t try and pass it off as their own as it takes *hours* and *hours* to even make the spreadsheets let alone collating the data 

Buy UTT on iTunes or gift it! 

It’s only 4 spots below AG’s “Santa Tell Me”now Maybe by some miracle (and radio support) it might pass STM on the Hot 100 for the final Christmas tracking week. 

On 12/23/2022 at 11:00 AM, Rv1709 said:

I’ve seen so much effort put in by Ariana fans to get her single “Santa Tell Me” in the top 10 of BBH 100.

Kelly fans? Crickets.

ariana's fanbase is younger and kelly's fanbase is older who have no energy to do this 

It’s too late for this year anyways since the last full tracking week has ended. Let’s see where it lands Monday!

2 hours ago, Ericjtsang said:

It’s too late for this year anyways since the last full tracking week has ended. Let’s see where it lands Monday!

The last couple of years we didn’t have full weeks either and UTT still did well. This year we got 3 days instead of 2 so hoping it did well. But yeah, we need to wait for a year when we have a bigger week. 

On 12/23/2022 at 2:00 PM, Rv1709 said:

Kelly fans? Crickets.

We have a life compared to those tweens? The majority of her core fanbase is now 30 and older. Also imagine spending money on a millionaire to push a song into the top 10 in 2022.

UTT is #11 Spotify Global :santa: Is that the highest peak ever for this song? SO CLOSE to the top 10

SCYHM is #50!!! Is this the first debut on the Spotify Global chart for this song!?

2 hours ago, KevinKDC said:

We have a life compared to those tweens? The majority of her core fanbase is now 30 and older. Also imagine spending money on a millionaire to push a song into the top 10 in 2022.

Right? LMAO! 

Even if UTT doesn’t repeak or surpass #12 this years, it’s still the biggest year the song has ever had. 

It seems like it grows on its own each year which is great. Think of how much more it could be if Kelly (and RCA) actively pushed it.

TikTok trends

Radio Push

iTunes discount

Televised performances

Mini Christmas Tour (this doesn't really have a huge impact on charting the songs themselves)

Not gonna lie, I prefer the natural approach. Mariah Carey goes all out every year, and people are getting sick of it. 

almost 10mil yesterday 

4 minutes ago, jpsketch said:

Not gonna lie, I prefer the natural approach. Mariah Carey goes all out every year, and people are getting sick of it. 

almost 10mil yesterday 

wow great numbers! I don't follow enough to know if Mariah is doing too much to affect anything, but she is everywhere, the song has been number 1 but i dont know if her "numbers" are improving or not.

And yeah, I would agree about doing too much, there is a balance. All UTT got this year was the WCCA NBC rerun?

One thing to keep in mind is that, unlike 2020 when UTT got to #12, there is actual competition this year for the Hot 100. In 2020, no one big was releasing and the hits at the top of the charts were old, thus weaker and easier to chart over.

This year we have new smashes from Sam/Kim, Taylor, SZA, Drake, etc. Plus SZA and Metro Boomin's album bombs taking up much of the bottom of half the charts. Which is why SCYHM won't peak as high as Under The Mistletoe or potentially Christmas Isn't Canceled despite being a much bigger song.

As for Kelly doing a Mariah or not, the reason people are getting annoyed at Mariah is because she's gone HAM every year for the past four years. No one was really mad when she first started doing this big push back in 2019. I think one year where they give UTT a push just to put it over the top into the top 10 wouldn't hurt.

Anyone know why Catch My Breath is suddenly doing bits in China and Taiwan?

Also, unless I’m misunderstanding, Kelly’s team (despite not being with RCA) can still apply for the certifications of her records released with them. They really should think about doing it before the release of the next album to help with her press releases and the like. Also, it’s so frustrating how BPI updates and certifies automatically but RIAA requires an application and money (I suppose capitalism etc etc) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.