• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BravoTangoWhiskey

• RealityBites

• jpsketch

• Heartbeat Song

Hate to be a Debbie downer but every song so far has been pretty… meh. I’m worried her worst album is coming. :dancehall:

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, PieceByPiece_KC said:

https://twitter.com/redwineclarkson/status/1664333599615893504?s=46&t=nGfAt2BYB8S8zlKZSkrqvg

apparently Brandon is lurking 

I also can’t find his profile. Does that mean he blocked me? :dies:

I still see his profile. Not me initially thinking “aww that’s kind of sad that he’s liking her videos” before hearing the song choice :rip: 

Oh my goodness, IHL is number 8 on NMF UK wow that is unexpected 

• Like 1

This would really make a great song for a commercial cc: Atlantic and Team KC 

also feels very summer music festival 

“Me” has fallen out of the top 10 current popular songs on Kelly’s artist page

Spoiler

Makes sense when it gets the 15th most daily streams (and has lagged out of top 10 for a while)

21 minutes ago, rmmas said:

Are we getting the live video for this?

Yes, once DJ River Rose is done editing it :eli:

https://twitter.com/kclarksonteam/status/1664426146736529408?s=46&t=DahoZ1rYF-poxBt87wzFYw

Kelly will be on Conan O’Brien’s podcast soon. Click the link for a preview. 

sounds like she’s gonna be hitting the podcast circuit hard. This show I think is apart of sirus radio so we should get a bunch of interviews from then too 

• Like 3

The Japanese Edition of Thankful with Natural Woman as the bonus track just showed up in my region’s Apple Music. Has it always been around for everyone or are they just releasing it now?

Glad to see her doing the Conan podcast! Hopefully it means she’ll be doing other big podcasts too. I missed her being the one being interviewed. 

• Like 1

I like I hate love.  It sounded better live tho. The recorded version’s production is a little lackluster to me.  

so far, my order:

FKOH

mine

I hate love

me

I like this song, too. I gotta say though, so far I’ve preferred the live versions for every single song. I feel like this happens a lot for Kelly and I don’t really get why. I used to think it was because of how produced her voice was on records but her vocals are much more clear/clean here than ever before and still there’s something missing from the live.

1 minute ago, Ab1818 said:

I also love I Hate Love. I like it a lot more than FKOH and Me! 

When you play i hate love and then let FKOH play. It transitions so well. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kylegfil_ said:

excuse you for this IHAD slander!!

hate that song as much as ‚Yeah!‘

7 hours ago, Baby Boy said:

Hate to be a Debbie downer but every song so far has been pretty… meh. I’m worried her worst album is coming. :dancehall:

I think you'll like the rest of the tracks better than all of these, minus maybe that's right

I Hate Love sounds interesting, I like it. Tbh, FKOH and IHL sound very different from Me and Mine and from what I expected for Chemistry. Curious about the other songs.

PS. Does IHL remind someone of Break the Silence? Esp the chorus

So overall, after listening to them back to back I'd rank the new songs like:

Mine > IHL >>> FKOH >> Me

Me - although the song is very powerful and empowering, I have quite a little desire to listen to it, today it was the first time since its release. In 2/3rds of listening today, I was itching to put something else on. Zero replay value for me.

FKOH - It kind of reminds me of Dance With Me (in a bad way). The chorus is good, the verses not so much, the bridge is what makes the song interesting. It has replay value but everytime I play it, I feel like I'm looking for something in the song but it's not there. It feels kind of half-complete. Also it seems like the most generic of the songs and it doesn't show some real emotions unlike the other 3. (Ready for y'all to stone me for this opinion :gaycat1:)

Mine - so far the most original and creative of the song imo. The verses are incredible, the hymnical chorus and the tempo change very unexpected and the lyrics are powerful. I like the minimalistic production.

IHL - Really catchy, esp the hook. I usually dislike hooks like this but I love this one. The only downside for me are the break-your-tongue-overwordy verses. I really didn't expect much from this song and I can't imagine a more cliché edgy-wannabe title, but I think it's a great song. The banjo makes it quite interesting, among other things.

Overall I think that this is shaping up to be a great album although I'm curious about how the songs will work together. Mine and Me seem like a total different album than FKOH and IHL.

Edited by Nerevanin

Was not expecting to like I Hate Love as much as I do based on the initial descriptions and snippet, but it’s amazing. It’s so funny and catchy. It’s like a poppier take on Chivas imo.

I'll hop to this for a week 👍🏻 What are we getting next week? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.