Beyoncé

Kisuke

Snubbed????

Isn't Cowboy Carter's genre "Beyoncé" and not Country?

• Haha 1

• Replies 116k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

18 minutes ago, Draper. said:

Do we expect any reaction from Bey to the CMAs?

yep.

And no shade but everyone saying CC isn't a country album is completely missing the concept of the record. 

She said 'This isn't a country album, it's a Beyonce album' because Beyonce IS country. Everything she makes is country because she is country. She was pointing out the fact that she's always made country music and will continue to do so, but used this album to demonstrate mastery over the traditional roots of the genre (with the first third), the pop radio version of the genre (Texas through to Flamenco) and the potential future of country if the genre embraces its roots and recognises its blackness (The Linda Martell Show onwards). 

Obviously the record could be classified as Americana, but she has spent the entire campaign telling us she's country. 

BEENCOUNTRY

'If that ain't country, tell me what is?'

Getting Dolly and Willie on the record

Getting Miley and Post on the record

Getting Shaboozey and Willy and Tiera and Tanner and Brittany on the record

The cowboy aesthetic

The genre classification on Apple Music and Spotify

The radio play controversy

This album is, at least to her, considered COUNTRY, and she's making that clear. She's making space from within the genre, and this snub will have pissed her off big time (but probably wouldn't surprise her). 

This is the team that threw up middle fingers on the Emmys carpet. They're petty. There'll be a response.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Do we actually think she submitted COWBOY CARTER to even be considered? Like, do we think she'd even want to go back there? s:wan:

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Brikenbur said:

Do we actually think she submitted COWBOY CARTER to even be considered? Like, do we think she'd even want to go back there? s:wan:

BeyLegion work closely with Parkwood and just uploaded a rant. They were expecting some news today, clearly. Beyonce is petty but if there's one thing that drives her more than anything else at this point it's awards.

3 minutes ago, Devin said:

ik it wasnt gonna be nom simply bc lack of promo.

s:wan:

This album has been a total failure in terms of longevity but Texas Hold Em was a huge cultural smash, earnt her a place on the top of the charts as the first black woman to do so and became so omnipresent that people all over the globe were actually moaning that it was an annoying earworm. There is zero reason outside of misogynoir that it shouldn't have been nominated. I know that we as fans are disappointed in Bey's lack of...anything this era but racism is racism and sexism is sexism and I think it's still important to prioritise irritation about those issues over whether or not she's singing on live tv

• Like 4

Are we suprised? :skull:

American Requiem made it clear she knew this would happen :cupid:

Before I waste my energy I need to know if she even submitted anything. 

new-york-new-york-pollard.gif 

Edited by Redporus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, alien superstore said:

This album has been a total failure in terms of longevity but Texas Hold Em was a huge cultural smash

No it's not lol.

The song was spammed on radio, barely made ANY actual impact and no one plays it anymore.

Not even Bey. This era was dead on arrival once she herself let us all know she was not moving a finger.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 4

Maybe the fury will revitalize the buzz around the album? lol

Bey is such a frustrating act to stan. Because for as much shenanigans as she's pulled this "era", they (CMAs) are wack in that they are transparently making a point to show that they DGAF. 

The "this ain't a Country album, it's a Beyonce album" doesn't apply in any way to Texas. So for them to snub it is extremely wilful.

Edited by Cbreezy

This is going to be a loooong awards season I can already tell :jonny2:

tumblr_o2jjg3bDB71rtszxfo1_500.gifv

Still true after all these years.

Not even nominated and she's still the main topic of discussion.

As always. :nicole:

• Like 5

People saying racism while Shaboozey was nominated....

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, Redporus said:

Before I waste my energy I need to know if she even submitted anything. 

I'm not lifting a finger if she's not.

She submitted that album, ain't no way her Virgo ass was going to bring up the original incident and not try to stick it to the racists in every soft way possible. Her idea of getting her lick back is success in spaces where people believe she shouldn't be. 

I do believe she knew she wouldn't get nominated, after she opened the flood gates years ago and then again with the release of CC. She was hopeful, but she knew this would happen. 

In a perfect world she would do an impromptu concert of 'Cowboy Carter' and live stream it. Name it 'BEEN COUNTRY' and have it air the same night as the CMA's. But all she gonna do is yell at Jay to stop the kids from crying while watching Golden Girls and talking on the phone with Kelly and Michelle. I guarantee you Mama Tina was the first person to say 'I KNEW IT!' and start going off. Solange done sent her a whole rant via voice note. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Shocking, you enter a new genre, completely fail to integrate yourself into the community nor promote your work, then get ignored by such community…

I would be down with the racism and snubbed claims if she hadn't done absolutely nothing for the album since release day. Why the hell would a country musician vote for someone who is clearly only momentarily doing the genre and who can't even be arsed to get off her couch? See what Post Malone did, before he even released his lead single he was doing country festival sets of covers. When he dropped the singles he was doing dive bar tours and performances with his collaborators and legends. THAT is how you immerse yourself in. Bey was entering in a new genre so she's can't ride off her built up legacy and respect from her older years of grinding like she can in the R&B and Pop world.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1

But she's nominated for the People's Country Music Awards! :eddie:

Watch her make an appearance there. 

• Haha 2

That Snapchat filter GOT TO GO!!!! :bam:

56 minutes ago, Redporus said:

People saying racism while Shaboozey was nominated....

New artist. They will not accept Bey doing country 

:clap3:

1 hour ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

No it's not lol.

The song was spammed on radio, barely made ANY actual impact and no one plays it anymore.

Not even Bey. This era was dead on arrival once she herself let us all know she was not moving a finger.

This just isn't true. 

Music critics praised "Texas Hold 'Em" for its playful tone, authentic sound, Beyoncé's vocal performance, and its celebration of the Black roots of country music. Country artists and country radio managers also praised the song for elevating the accessibility of country music for a wider audience. The track ignited discussions on Black musicians' place within country music, boosted the listenership of Black country artists and country radio in general, and increased the popularity of Western wear and culture.

"Texas Hold 'Em" was a commercial success and marked several historical achievements. In the United States, it topped the Billboard Hot 100, becoming Beyoncé's ninth solo number one single. Additionally, the song debuted atop the Hot Country Songs chart, making Beyoncé the first Black woman with a number-one country song in Billboard history. Outside of the United States, "Texas Hold 'Em" topped the singles charts in several countries including Belgium (Flanders), Canada, Iceland, Ireland, the Netherlands, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom, as well as the Billboard Global 200, earning Beyoncé her first number-one song and the first ever country song to do so since that chart's inception in 2020. The song also peaked within the top ten of the charts in other various countries.

Shocked, in era where authenticity goes a LONG way, Bey, who has done nothing but record a Country project and put a Cowboy hat on her head to appear "country", is being snubbed.

Its what she and her delulu ass deserves

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, king_queen said:

That Snapchat filter GOT TO GO!!!! :bam:

i swear to god

None of this would've happened if she just posted more on BeenCountry dot com. Had the voters saw more photos of her bday era photoshoot and ai horses they would've been more convinced to give her a nomination 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.