Beyoncé

Kisuke

3 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I wholeheartidly believe Bey will not do it because the flopage of Gift really hurt her and that the new soundtrack of Mufasa will become a hit, making it an extra slap in Beys face.

I do love how Karma works for hag

:suburban:

She's involved for sure, she wasn't really involved with the last soundtrack, which is why she made her own :rip:

• Replies 115.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• ScorpiosGroove

1 hour ago, Pepo said:

By the way, I'd like to let you know that I'm writing a dissertation in American linguistics.

I discussed the history of AAVE, how it originated and the difference between AAVE and General American when it comes to cross-cultural pragmatics. I also argued that Hollywood is gradually inserting AAVE in films (I included three case studies: Black Panther, Get Out, and Moonlight), and then I'll talk about internet slang, its spread, and how English is changing.

Now I'm writing about music and I have decided to talk about Kendrick's TPAB and... Beyoncé of course. I started by including the Rolling Stone quote in which she was named one of the best singers of all time by them, and also using Freedom and Formation as case studies since the topic of my work is titled "English as a lingua franca: the role of Black American culture in the global landscape". What do you guys think about these examples?

These are great reference points. I know you will flesh them out more, go ahead and conquer that. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joaco95 said:

I could imagine Bey bypassing anything full-on given The Gift hoopla. But maybe not entirely. Her having the odd song on the soundtrack doesn't feel far-fetched.

But anything more probably throws her own Act I, II, III thing off. Assuming we're still yee-hawing through the end of the year into, anything outside of that will make it seem kinda dress-up (either her Country foray or her doing Mama Africa again. I love both, but you get what I mean).

• Like 1

She will definitely have a song, bet Blue does too. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OnMyCoolJ said:

This cryptic mess. Lin already confirmed he worked with Bey. 

He did? I know he is VERY thirsty for an Oscar so I wouldn't be shocked if he pulled an Elton and acted like a b*tch to Bey, but would be glad to know if they acc worked together on at least one song.

Doing a soundtrack in the middle of a trilogy sounds exactly like something she would do. Watch her give us a video for it too 

peaches-stan.gif

• Haha 3

Ugh what a time to be a Beyonce stan. I remember the new choreo shaking us.

I forgot about the Lion King, at least we'll get a red carpet appearance from it. Hope Miss Blue devours ha. 

9 hours ago, Pepo said:

By the way, I'd like to let you know that I'm writing a dissertation in American linguistics.

I discussed the history of AAVE, how it originated and the difference between AAVE and General American when it comes to cross-cultural pragmatics. I also argued that Hollywood is gradually inserting AAVE in films (I included three case studies: Black Panther, Get Out, and Moonlight), and then I'll talk about internet slang, its spread, and how English is changing.

Now I'm writing about music and I have decided to talk about Kendrick's TPAB and... Beyoncé of course. I started by including the Rolling Stone quote in which she was named one of the best singers of all time by them, and also using Freedom and Formation as case studies since the topic of my work is titled "English as a lingua franca: the role of Black American culture in the global landscape". What do you guys think about these examples?

cmon academia hive!

k7mMM6.gif 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Uh....

9 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

anything outside of that will make it seem kinda dress-up

that horse left the station 5 months ago i fear 

spacer.png

allowing myself a lil tourist bullshit by walking around the National Mall and CC is truly hitting like okayyyy elevated from 8.5 to a 9 :jonny3:

I might've said something similar the other day on my first day to work but this time I'm not in a rush

Edited by cloudbusting

30 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

allowing myself a lil tourist bullshit by walking around the National Mall and CC is truly hitting like okayyyy elevated from 8.5 to a 9 :jonny3:

I might've said something similar the other day on my first day to work but this time I'm not in a rush

IIMW and LJ still sounding like steaming **** tho

:suburban:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Triton said:

I forgot about the Lion Kin

same...

So is she performing in Paris or not? :deadbanana4:

1 hour ago, Draper. said:

Seems doubtful. 

7 hours ago, BGKC said:

The closing ceremony is tmr 

spacer.png

Y'all don't set yourselves up for disappointment and hurt.

6 hours ago, Draper. said:

peaches-stan.gif

11 hours ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

Ugh what a time to be a Beyonce stan. I remember the new choreo shaking us.

I loved the intro!!! The way I used to randomly do that lil body roll and stomp 😂😂

• Like 1

She came off as FAR TOO DESPARATE for the Oscar, every since Dreamgirls. I hope she avoids touching the music so it can be enjoyable this time.:gaycat7:

Edited by LegaMyth
  • Thumbs Down 2

the sequencing on renaissance is still top tier my god this blonde bandit can't keep doing this we have got to stop her!!

spacer.png

• Like 1

Time for CC to strike a match and light up that olympic torch 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.