• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

5 hours ago, Club classic said:

is anyone buying the CC vinyl boxset? It looks amazing but I wish this was the color variant instead of Beyincé :weeps: 

I got it on Amazon!

• Like 1

I saw that Ms Tina shared on Instagram a preview of Victoria Monet's new video and this comment took me out

"I'm glad SOMEBODY doing visuals!!!"

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952jl6rh2tretf3xu5ysns

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Charli's music with AG is so so good. I'd love for Bey to work with AG again in the future, and also with Charli. It'll never happen, but BRAT's just so so good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I wonder how it must feel working on These visuals knowing that people are very likely over them a week after their release because people stopped caring altogether

:suburban:

31 minutes ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I wonder how it must feel working on These visuals knowing that people are very likely over them a week after their release because people stopped caring altogether

a WEEK after ? people barely cared about the album for a week :deadbanana:

Edited by ScorpiosGroove
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

a WEEK after ? people barely cared about the album for a week :deadbanana:

I wanted to spread positivity 

• Haha 2

Largely on a break from the Base as literally nothing is happening. Nothing. Which in turn starts to see us ruminate or arguing about...nothing.

That said, the weirdest part of this is how weird it all is lol.

I'm legit dumbfounded. 

I consider myself pretty rooted in logic and concrete info, so there's one part of me that is "ok" with things because it's certain that she is working on....something. Visuals, tour etc. Like it's not a case of idle for idle sake. 

However, the  - nothing - that is currently occupying this present point in the project's cycle is odd and pretty disheartening. Her team are radio silent (Andrew and co) and the whole Cowboy yee-haw and hoopla feels like ages ago. 

It's going to be hard to reheat the buzz, which is why I worry that the visuals or tour or whatever will be well-received but won't give the album the revitalized push they think it might. 

At this point, I wouldn't even be mad if she simply dropped Act III in Q3/Q4 and wrapped this torturous and tedious era up lol.

Bracing for a potential something around the vinyl release but even that feels like a clown-like move on my part.

We'll see.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kristie Kuwa said:

I wanted to spread positivity 

that train left the station months ago :suburban:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Cbreezy said:

Largely on a break from the Base as literally nothing is happening. Nothing. Which in turn starts to see us ruminate or arguing about...nothing.

That said, the weirdest part of this is how weird it all is lol.

I'm legit dumbfounded. 

I consider myself pretty rooted in logic and concrete indo, so there's one part of me that is "ok" with things because it's certain that she is working on....something. Visuals, tour etc. Like it's not a case of idle for idle sake. 

However, the  - nothing - that is currently occupying this present point in the project's cycle is odd and pretty disheartening. Her team are radio silent (Andrew and co) and the whole Cowboy yee-haw and hoopla feels like ages ago. 

It's going to be hard to reheat the buzz, which is why I worry that the visuals or tour or whatever will be well-received but won't give the album the revitalized push they think it might. 

At this point, I wouldn't even be mad if she simply dropped Act III in Q3/Q4 and wrapped this torturous and tedious era up lol.

Bracing for a potential something around the vinyl release but even that feels like a clown-like move on my part.

We'll see.

That would be the only saving grace - act 3 in fall, movie in december right on time to sell the trilogy as a bundle for christmas, announcing the tour around the next SB or close to the release of Act3, and do a proper World tour starting next year focussing on the acts and the classics.

I would forgive her the shitiness of the first half of 2024, but unfortunately, the sensible plan I just layed out will probably remain another dream of mine

Edited by Kristie Kuwa
  • Like 2

I know these comparisons with trendy hits are kinda unfair but they are still funny:

Please Please Please by Sabrina Carpertener is doing Beyoncé's entire discography numbers today alone (both at around 12M) :oh:

Nasty by Tinashe alone is outstreaming the entire Renaissance album :oh:

Neck, what have you done to us :psyduck:.

I know complete silence (with no sights or rumours of vacation) could mean she's working but still............. so unnecessary :psyduck:

Edited by Rafael
  • Haha 2

It's quite nice not caring about Beyoncé's legacy just like Beyoncé herself :)

Let me dive deep into stanning these other pop girlies! I have overcome! And y'all can too!

spacer.png

Edited by Brikenbur
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Rafael said:

I know these comparisons with trendy hits are kinda unfair but they are still funny:

Please Please Please by Sabrina Carpertener is doing Beyoncé's entire discography numbers today alone (both at around 12M) :oh:

Nasty by Tinashe alone is outstreaming the entire Renaissance album :oh:

Neck, what have you done to us :psyduck:.

I know complete silence (with no sights or rumours of vacation) could mean she's working but still............. so unnecessary :psyduck:

Its the complete and utter refusal to do anything after hitting the upload/submit button during album release for me nnnn she literally treats her own albums like I used to treat my essays and thesis during college years :suburban:

• Haha 4

as a hybrid Hive/SweeTee, I've been enjoying seeing the one who's continued to hustle her ass off despite tanking for a decade 1) finally get some recognition and 2) capitalize on the moment 

really puts how complacent the bigger artists can get into perspective

Like yes, Bey has already been through that period of nonstop grinding, but there are ways she/her team can support her music without any effort on her part. My flop faves remind me that quality and drive aren't enough - sometimes you just need that little extra bit of luck to push through. 

She is stubborn to a fault and frankly has a big ego. She thinks she's proving a point by not lifting a finger and as most stubborn people do she's simply hurting herself. 

• Like 1

again, the people I feel bad about are the small artists that make art pieces for her who could really use the promo. I mean that etsy shop person's business BOOMED once it was found out she made the sequined hat.. Especially since most of them probably loan her the pieces and are banking on the hype that they worked on a beyoncé project, meanwhile the whole process is being held up because the billionaire isn't getting paid enough from streaming companies... 

Why do I feel like in 5 years Nadia will be also be saying what a nightmare it was directing this project with NDA's, no info on when it will be released, and late night texts from Bey saying she doesn't like it and they need to reshoot some videos

• Like 4

One thing I don't want is multiple monologues scattered throughout like Lem and BIK

Gurl don't nobody wanna hear your bedtime voice. Give us something a la ST with transitions in between, a story line and choreo throughout 

Edited by king_queen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I keep coming back to CC every second week, it's such a slow-burner masterpiece for me. Usually I consume new releases up front, I'm taking my time with this one and I really like it!

Listened to CC 3x today while doing stuff 

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

Listened to CC 3x today while doing stuff 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, king_queen said:

One thing I don't want is multiple monologues scattered throughout like Lem and BIK

Gurl don't nobody wanna hear your bedtime voice. Give us something a la ST with transitions in between, a story line and choreo throughout 

Don't worry girl, you will be getting THIS AND MORE!

4:3 aspect ratio this second, 16:9 the next, then 3:2 just for the hell of it, then a Super8 filter the next frame, then 21:9 all of a sudden with no f**kin reason and not even a smooth transition. just random ass aspect ratios all over the place like they used camera presets and didn't bother editing

• Haha 2

like, i swear to god, lemonade and Black Is king are great, but the editing is hot f**kin garbage. i wish they never let her use editing software back in i am world tour dvd. that's where this incoherent editing sh*t began

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, ShouldersSideways said:

She is stubborn to a fault and frankly has a big ego. She thinks she's proving a point by not lifting a finger and as most stubborn people do she's simply hurting herself. 

Bey's antics are grating, but I really really realllly take umbrage with the "she doesn't give a f**k" and has this huge ego rhetoric. 

I think it's more a case of how she "lifts her finger" now looks different from before. 

When she was sweating it on the promo rounds, she wasn't simultaneously producing feature-length, cinematic visual albums. Which is a point that shouldn't be negated.

I think she, and by proxy me as a fan, have unplugged from this notion of her being this machine with everything to prove. As her art matures and the demands of the scale she's embracing heighten (aka film-scale visuals), the lion's share of her energy will be funneled into that. At this age and stage, pretending to be able to do it all or trying to do it all, isn't humanly feasible. Or reasonable looking at how many of our idols have burned out.

It continues to be the toughest pill to swallow for me as a fan, but theoretically, acts are supposed to bust their behinds on the rise to be able to reach the level where their success is somewhat automated...like Bey's.

Make no mistake, she's f**king up having zero visibility while she works on whatever she's working on. She has more than enough resources to ensure she/the project have even a mild presence to ensure sustained buzz and she's not doing that. I don't get ego or hard-headedness from this, I just get not reading the room or better yet the industry. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.