Beyoncé

Kisuke

Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2024 at 5:58 PM, AxelFox said:

Just re-watched this for the first time in years and was in awe the entire time but then I just felt so sad at the end realizing this is Madonna at the same point in her carrer Beyonce was with Renaissance... how unfortunate it is that she doesn't have the drive and passion in her to do this kind of stuff anymore:noparty: Could've been a glorious chapter in her career

I love ya and I'm all for Bey getting her tuggings as and when needed, but can we...not.

This "she doesn't have the drive" or "she doesn't give af" thing really irks because we literally KNOW she's cooking up visuals and other things. Her tours, as seen with RWT, are objectively getting better too and nothing she puts out is subpar. 

Now, IMO, it's totally fair to critique her methodology and chosen ways of navigating her present-day projects and career at large, but if she comes with a film on a scale that we could never have imagined, does her not performing at the Grammys (or similar) still translate as "not having the drive"?

IMO, I think a fairer assessment is that her "drive" is showing up in increasingly concentrated and unconventional ways. And her antics in general are frustrating and limiting to her own commercial potential. But IMO it doesn't present as representative of diminished dedication or motivation. 

Lastly, the industry is extremely different now to 2006 (when that Madge performance took place). Music still sold then. So artists, big and small, were pounding every promotional platform to sell their music. Now, there is zero coin in music and the real wins are on the road. If artists as big as Bey go about performing for "free", it arguably diminishes the "premium" of making people pay top dollar to see her live.

As someone who came into standom because of iconic performances, I personally don't like the changes as it means we as the fans get less. Not just from Bey but everyone. At the same time, I really respect Bey for knowing her premium and flexing it. She didn't sweat her weave out all those decades to still be hustling like the rent is due now. She worked to effectively become a special/rare attraction, which ultimately yields more $$$ too. 

She for sure can and should be doing more, but I don't think it's fair to suggest diminished drive.

Edited by Cbreezy
  • Like 9

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

Just re-watched this for the first time in years and was in awe the entire time but then I just felt so sad at the end realizing this is Madonna at the same point in her carrer Beyonce was with Renaissance... how unfortunate it is that she doesn't have the drive and passion in her to do this kind of stuff anymore:noparty: Could've been a glorious chapter in her career

When you put it that way… it physically hurts.

• Like 1

happy pride :gayoncecat2:

• Like 1

She really left CC for death :gaynetcat4:

3 hours ago, AxelFox said:

People like you really really need to go stan someone else. Saying bey doesn't have passion or drive for her art is truly asinine and just plain du**. You think COWBOY CARTER was made without passion or drive? you think any of her peers have the balls or DRIVE to do that?

Please let us  be serious for once. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

I love ya and I'm all for Bey getting her tuggings as and when needed, but can't we...not.

This "she doesn't have the drive" or "she doesn't give af" thing really irks because we literally KNOW she's cooking up visuals and other things. Her tours, as seen with RWT, are objectively getting better too and nothing she puts out is subpar. 

Now, IMO, it's totally fair to critique her methodology and chosen ways of navigating her present-day projects and career at large, but if she comes with a film on a scale that we could never have imagined, does her not performing at the Grammys (or similar) still translate as "not having the drive"?

IMO, I think a fairer assessment is that her "drive" is showing up in increasingly concentrated and unconventional ways. And her antics in general are frustrating and limiting to her own commercial potential. But IMO it doesn't present as representative of diminished dedication or motivation. 

Lastly, the industry is extremely different now to 2006 (when that Madge performance took place). Music still sold then. So artists, big and small, were pounding every promotional platform to sell their music. Now, there is zero coin in music and the real wins are on the road. If artists as big as Bey go about performing for "free", it arguably diminishes the "premium" of making people pay top dollar to see her live.

As someone who came into standom because of iconic performances, I personally don't like the changes as it means we as the fans get less. Not just from Bey but everyone. At the same time, I really respect Bey for knowing her premium and flexing it. She didn't sweat her weave out all those decades to still be hustling like the rent is due now. She worked to effectively become a special/rare attraction, which ultimately yields more $$$ too. 

She for sure can and should be doing more, but I don't think it's fair to suggest diminished drive.

I will have to disagree. The fact that she cannot be bothered to go out there to showcase the art and performance she's worked so much on and share it with the world just tells me that she has lost the drive and passion for it. Simple as that. 

And I don't mean it in a 'visit every late night show' way obviously, but at least do the major award shows. Like she did for ST and Lem.

The tour was incredible indeed but it's not the same as televised award show performances. Very different mediums. 

She clearly still loves making music as the results have been overwhelmingly good, but it feels like it's just a fun side activity for her now. Which is all fair and square, she's been at it for so long and has more than earned to be in this position. But that doesn't mean it doesn't sting and disappoint as a fan.

I do agree however that the industry changing has probably played a lot into this. Because if she was at the same point in her career back in 2006 I'm sure things would've played out completely different. 

Edited by AxelFox
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Kingdom said:

People like you really really need to go stan someone else. Saying bey doesn't have passion or drive for her art is truly asinine and just plain du**. You think COWBOY CARTER was made without passion or drive? you think any of her peers have the balls or DRIVE to do that?

Please let us  be serious for once. 

I didn't mean the passion and drive for creating art but for sharing it with the world and making people feel how proud of it she is, like she used to in the good old days. I believe they're two different things that are not mutually exclusive. 

Stanning somebody else does nothing and I don't see how that's related. I actually do listen to a lot of new music frequently and disocver new artists. But me falling in love with a new album doesn't mean I love Renaissance less now and don't resent the fact that it could've been a much more exciting experience for her fans. 

Edited by AxelFox
  • Like 3

I think Beyonce is just tired of the music industry and noticed that the industry has  changed drastically. No offense but the new Hollywood seem like it's only for basic ******* Male or Female to thrive. I know from being an outsider scrolling through Stan Twitter to see that the ideal Superstar is just not in anymore. It's a good thing Bey already has her legacy and started early.

4 hours ago, AxelFox said:

Unfortunately times have changed since then. Big artists don't perform as much anymore. Back then you had to promote. I don't think she wants to do anymore TV performances. As a fan it's a hard pill to swallow. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Likingstars said:

Why are the people in here going crazy over Rih? This is not 2006 :rip:y'all weird

It's giving the beyhive forums, iykyk

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, kimberly said:

I think it's the caption, the "ain't no back n forth" part. she's saying "the crown is mine and no one else's."

That's purely your interpretation. It could also be interpreted to telling people there's no discussion when it comes to her musical success despite people assuming she retired because she was a flop (esp after how long it took her to get anti out with all the false starts)

it's possible for her and Beyoncé to coexist and they have for over a decade now, like lets not…

Edited by yonsé

1 hour ago, AxelFox said:

I will have to disagree. The fact that she cannot be bothered to go out there to showcase the art and performance she's worked so much on and share it with the world just tells me that she has lost the drive and passion for it. Simple as that. 

And I don't mean it in a 'visit every late night show' way obviously, but at least do the major award shows. Like she did for ST and Lem.

The tour was incredible indeed but it's not the same as televised award show performances. Very different mediums. 

She clearly still loves making music as the results have been overwhelmingly good, but it feels like it's just a fun side activity for her now. Which is all fair and square, she's been at it for so long and has more than earned to be in this position. But that doesn't mean it doesn't sting and disappoint as a fan.

I do agree however that the industry changing has probably played a lot into this. Because if she was at the same point in her career back in 2006 I'm sure things would've played out completely different. 

she doesn't do award shows because they use her for ratings and then never award her. she is tired of being used and that's valid. Doesn't mean she doesn't have drive lol

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AxelFox said:

I mean, yes, but I'd still much rather have her serve an excellent album every other year and dip than be omnipresent and mediocre like post-COADF era Madonna. :dies:

• Like 1

:gayoncecat3:

Happy Pride Day faggits.

8 hours ago, AxelFox said:

but then I just felt so sad

I was sad when she butchered this song again for Celebration Tour instead of doing something similar to this.

:mandown:

OT: What everyone's top five on Cowboy Carter at the moment btw?

Anything change?

2 hours ago, yonsé said:

she doesn't do award shows because they use her for ratings and then never award her

well, at least not the big categories. we can't pretend she isn't still one of the most decorated artists of all time

4 hours ago, Shelter said:

Unfortunately times have changed since then. Big artists don't perform as much anymore. Back then you had to promote. I don't think she wants to do anymore TV performances. As a fan it's a hard pill to swallow. 

yes, people need to understand that. Tailor released like 5 albums since 2021 but hasn't performed at the Grammys (or any award show, I don't think) since. Ariana, same story with 2021 iHeart Awards performance with The Weeknd. 

though both of these artists have done SNL since then. Bey could do at least something, one thing... I don't like the "no crumbs" approach.

then again, as soon as she goes on tour, we'll all be gagged again. can she top RWT? it's gonna be really hard for me idk idk.

Bey could really carve out a new niche for herself in the vinyl space if she took it more seriously. 

I've been paying attention to the sales of all the girls releasing this year (excepting TS). In spite of better streams than Bey, they all debuted lower cus they simply can't sell physically like Bey can even though they're more organised: longer lead times, more variants, more vinyl content, timely presentation etc. 

Bey butchered most of these but still made a buck. How cool would it be for her to go even further with her vinyl package? Idk, a lyric sheet for one song, a personal letter to fans, some cheap collectible. I don't care what it is, take inspiration from the elaborate k-pop releases and give people extra reason to get excited for a vinyl. Put a real bonus track (all variants) there. We know it will never show up on streaming services unlike the other girl's "bonus (bogus)" tracks. 

She already has the collectors in a tizzy with the matching back covers. That's good, go further. Esp after the stunt with the "limited edition" she needs win back some customer trust. And for the love of God, you're a global superstar, make your product available at all retailers. I get keeping it under wraps until release to prevent leaks but it should be available for pre-order. 

I don't expect Beyonce will ever become a bigger deal on streaming. It's fine. She's from a different generation but she could take better  advantage  of her position as a relevant veteran. 

The death knell is her perfectionist streak: Bey was literally tweaking Ren on release week and I'm not talking about the controversy-driven edits. Vinyls requires long lead time. I would just suggest a standard version for vinyl pressings and a deluxe version she can play with till release date. It's not like she hasn't put out multiple versions before. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, Bey'Knight said:

Bey could really carve out a new niche for herself in the vinyl space if she took it more seriously. 

I've been paying attention to the sales of all the girls releasing this year (excepting TS). In spite of better streams than Bey, they all debuted lower cus they simply can't sell physically like Bey can even though they're more organised: longer lead times, more variants, more vinyl content, timely presentation etc. 

Bey butchered most of these but still made a buck. How cool would it be for her to go even further with her vinyl package? Idk, a lyric sheet for one song, a personal letter to fans, some cheap collectible. I don't care what it is, take inspiration from the elaborate k-pop releases and give people extra reason to get excited for a vinyl. Put a real bonus track (all variants) there. We know it will never show up on streaming services unlike the other girl's "bonus (bogus)" tracks. 

She already has the collectors in a tizzy with the matching back covers. That's good, go further. Esp after the stunt with the "limited edition" she needs win back some customer trust. And for the love of God, you're a global superstar, make your product available at all retailers. I get keeping it under wraps until release to prevent leaks but it should be available for pre-order. 

I don't expect Beyonce will ever become a bigger deal on streaming. It's fine. She's from a different generation but she could take better  advantage  of her position as a relevant veteran. 

The death knell is her perfectionist streak: Bey was literally tweaking Ren on release week and I'm not talking about the controversy-driven edits. Vinyls requires long lead time. I would just suggest a standard version for vinyl pressings and a deluxe version she can play with till release date. It's not like she hasn't put out multiple versions before. 

all this!!!

plus, she needs to get into vinyl space by releasing all her damn albums on vinyl. it irks me so much that I only have B'day on vinyl from her back catalog, before 2016. even if I paid a pretty penny for the resale vinyl pressings for Self-Titled and Dangerously in Love, there's still more in her discography that needs to be on vinyl. yes, I even want EVERYTHING IS LOVE!!! she really needs to get on this.

as money-hungry as she is, I can't believe she hasn't figured this out yet. she's lagging so far behind the current pop girls, even the Avon lady dropped her entire catalog on widely available vinyl releases.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I mean we've said this millions of times already - she simply doesnt care.

She likes going into the booth, recording music and being creative there.

She also enjoys performing in stadiums because there's a clear price-performance ratio she likes.

She also enjoys photoshoots.

Other than that, she dislikes everything else that has to do with the music industry and thus her career. And that is sth, fans rightfully point out as lack of passion. She also gives a flying **** about us fans. Thats also a reality. She doesnt do any fan service whatsoever.

Edited by Kristie Kuwa

17 hours ago, AxelFox said:

2006 has never heard of dimming the lights, OMG. Would've been so much more iconic if the light wasn't blasting at her the entire time lol

4 hours ago, kimberly said:

all this!!!

plus, she needs to get into vinyl space by releasing all her damn albums on vinyl. it irks me so much that I only have B'day on vinyl from her back catalog, before 2016. even if I paid a pretty penny for the resale vinyl pressings for Self-Titled and Dangerously in Love, there's still more in her discography that needs to be on vinyl. yes, I even want EVERYTHING IS LOVE!!! she really needs to get on this.

as money-hungry as she is, I can't believe she hasn't figured this out yet. she's lagging so far behind the current pop girls, even the Avon lady dropped her entire catalog on widely available vinyl releases.

It's the double-edged sword of her reaction to 4's performance. It awakened her greatest artistic intellect but she also loosened the reins on housekeeping. This is where the lack of a proper management shows. It's hard to find vinyl copies of her back catalogue in a record store. 

Thinking back on it, who tf let 4 leak a whole MONTH early???

I know mfers we're getting cussed out behind the scenes

Posted (edited)

what the hell... I can't believe I never knew this song existed.

From the description:

I met Beyonce when she was 15 years old and attending HSPVA (High School Of Performing & Visual Arts) in Houston, Texas where we both were raised. .. We go waaay back. She loved the song and said yes to my request to doing backing vocals on my hit tune! Remember kiddos If you don't ask..the answer is always NO! Though her part is minimal she is singing the hook "All That I'm Looking For " and "Tiger Hear Me Roar" and all the ooh and doooo's ! lol

Edited by Burn
  • Thanks 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.