Beyoncé

Kisuke

I cant believe she is on the best selling list with such price for the vinyls lol. That's why she will continue to do whatever she wants. In the end where it matters, the money is still being made and very well.

• Replies 111.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

Shade or no shade. If that girl was so secure in her legacy, she would not feel the need to keep posting such things on her instagram to brag. That's why i'm so glad to stan a woman who is so classy and secure in her lane. Beyoncé wont ever get down on that level especially not on social media because she is a woman who is full in different aspects of her life and doesn't need to flex on instagram. The other girl will never touch Bey in touring and that's a fact no matter how many streams she gets.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, CécredSpaces said:

We have the longer versions of the songs in the fake vinyl she sold, though :)

LMAOOO WAITTT you're not lying tho!

19 minutes ago, jane said:

Shade or no shade. If that girl was so secure in her legacy, she would not feel the need to keep posting such things on her instagram to brag. That's why i'm so glad to stan a woman who is so classy and secure in her lane. Beyoncé wont ever get down on that level especially not on social media because she is a woman who is full in different aspects of her life and doesn't need to flex on instagram. The other girl will never touch Bey in touring and that's a fact no matter how many streams she gets.

This. 

I'm pretty indifferent to Rih, but I must say I find the High School competitiveness with all the girls and guys pretty entertaining. 

I came up on Stan Wars and I don't think the essence of it will ever truly leave me. It certainly helps when you stan people like Bey who are objectively better than everyone else and also earned the spot they have. Something Rih, bops and single success and all, can't say is the case for her.

Saying that, one thing I've clocked is that, for all the dueling, there ironically IS enough success cake to go around. 

Primarily because there's next to no act in the history of time that all at once gets the accolades for everything. 

MJ was the mainstream giant Prince wished (at a point) to be, yet Prince got the artistic respect that arguably eluded Michael (Team MJ here all the way, but it's still a valid observation). At a time the industry would not give Bey the critical reverence they gave Alicia Keys with ease. 

Taylor outsells everyone in the here and now, but is not exceptional on any other metric than her ability to sell. Not vocally, not musically (IMO), and definitely not performance-wise lol. The obsessive adulation from the media IMO is hinged on the lazy fallacy that selling the most somehow equates to the best when in actuality there are so many variables (like race and thus available audience from the get go). And I say I say this as someone that doesn't dislike her. 

So all at once, Bey can rest easy and secure in her status (which is built on commercial wins AND that unpurchaseable talent, creativity, and ability), while Rih can rest on her genuine single success sans much of what makes up Bey's pop cultural positioning. 

All that said, the reality is that there still is a pecking order and IMO Bey simply possesses "more" on more metrics than Rih for there to ever be any credible doubt who the top dog is and always has been.

I don't have a problem with Rihanna success at all. I'm actually happy that she has sold records all across the board. My problem is her fans be trying to humble Beyonce and it always comes across as Anti Black American with a hint of jealousy towards Beyonce Acclaim in the industry.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

It's not shady, she's allowed to be proud of her accomplishments. No shame in that. 

I think it's the caption, the "ain't no back n forth" part. she's saying "the crown is mine and no one else's."

to which I'd respond, drop the music. you're cute for a throwback :gaycat5: her music career giving Queen Elizabeth II tea.

Why are the people in here going crazy over Rih? This is not 2006 :rip:y'all weird

• Thanks 2

kinda pissed I bought the vinyl from her site cuz not even 40 seconds later, the amazon link went up and I could've saved like 12 bucks on shipping :rip:

I tried to contact her store not even an hour after I purchased to cancel the order despite the "all sales final" message and they said they couldn't because of that, even though they had successfully canceled another Act II Beyince vinyl per my request with no questions :rip:

50 minutes ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

I don't have a problem with Rihanna success at all. I'm actually happy that she has sold records all across the board. My problem is her fans be trying to humble Beyonce and it always comes across as Anti Black American with a hint of jealousy towards Beyonce Acclaim in the industry.

I completely see where you're coming from. But I've just come to grips with the fact that her fans and even the GP will ALWAYS be like that. But Beyoncé doesn't care so I don't feel we should either too much. We just gotta back her up lmao.

• Thanks 2

The General Public is finally starting to catch on though as to why Beyoncé remains miles above most mainstream artists in general. Male or Female.

I think the competition game between Rih and Bey is so played out imo. The thing that sets apart Bey from most artists is that she isn't just "talented". She's nearly (imo) prodigious lmao. Not only that, it's up to the point where she's such a master at what she does that it's polarizing and hard to NOT watch. Watching someone whose such a genius at what they do, and being able to translate such high concepts of art to millions of people is such a once in a lifetime thing and goes beyond just talent.

And of course a Team helps with all of this, but we see how MOST of these teams botch soooo many of these concepts and eras, when Bey (especially with Lemonade) created such a MOMENT. She hit everything on the head with that Album. We're witnessing a phenom that can't be replicated, and most mainstream artists KNOW this about Bey. And I think that's why at the end of the day her acclaim, talent, and genius will always be the denominator and the reason why you can't compare her to anyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuteboyzay said:

The General Public is finally starting to catch on though as to why Beyoncé remains miles above most mainstream artists in general. Male or Female.

I think the competition game between Rih and Bey is so played out imo. The thing that sets apart Bey from most artists is that she isn't just "talented". She's nearly (imo) prodigious lmao. Not only that, it's up to the point where she's such a master at what she does that it's polarizing and hard to NOT watch. Watching someone whose such a genius at what they do, and being able to translate such high concepts of art to millions of people is such a once in a lifetime thing and goes beyond just talent.

And of course a Team helps with all of this, but we see how MOST of these teams botch soooo many of these concepts and eras, when Bey (especially with Lemonade) created such a MOMENT. She hit everything on the head with that Album. We're witnessing a phenom that can't be replicated, and most mainstream artists KNOW this about Bey. And I think that's why at the end of the day her acclaim, talent, and genius will always be the denominator and the reason why you can't compare her to anyone. 

Bey has the larger than life Superstar energy that Old Hollywood had and has pure talent lol. It's crazy how Self Titled really put her in the legendary Box while making Alternative R&B. Bey did it her own way and I love that she stopped catering to the GP after I Am Sasha Fierce. Dumping Matthew also did wonders. I appreciate him for all he did for Bey but she became more powerful without him. **** Respectability politics and I'm glad she wasn't doing all them damn ballads.

I wish Bey was as pressed to update her certs cause too many locals/stans try her when it comes to that.

Anyways, I was compelled to do a year comparison for Renaissance's streams of today.

May 31, 2023:
Cuff It- 538M
BMS- 331M
Alien- 153M
Energy- 96M
AHAP- 83M
ITG- 76M
Cozy: 75M
Summer Renaissance: 74M
Heated: 69M
Church Girl: 67M
VG: 61M
Pure Honey: 60M
POTS: 59M
Thique: 53M
MOVE: 49M
AUIYM: 39M

Today:
Cuff It- 791M (+253M)
BMS: 441M (+110M)
AHAP: 257M (152 OG + 105M remix) (+174M)
Alien: 237M (+84M)
Energy: 169M (+73M)
Heated: 157M (+88M)
Cozy: 128M (+53M)
ITG: 127M (+52M)
Pure Honey: 110M (+50M)
Summer Renaissance: 110M (+37M)
Church Girl: 100M (+33M)
VG: 97M (+36M) 
POTS: 90M (30M)
MOVE: 85M (+36M)
Thique: 84M (+31M)
AUIYM: 63M (+24M)

Oh what could've been :beatfreak:

Do you guys remember 2 months ago how my vinyl showed delivered in michigan when I live in Illinois? They finally emailed today saying they are sending me a replacement.

woohoo 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cbreezy said:

Literally came to comment on the on Rih post in the context of Bey. The following ain't for the Kumbaya or sensitive stans lol. 

IMO, it was shade. Light shade and not necessarily Bey shade specifically as much as it is a flex on all the girls, but it's still shade nonetheless. The same tasting shade as when Bey told the girls to Bow Down and when she present-day flexes about her own brilliance ("no one else can think like me" on Alien). 

BTW, this ain't even Rih jab on my end. I think competitiveness keeps ALL the girls on their toes. Bey included. 

Our girl gets a lot of flack around here for supposedly "not giving a f**k", but I really don't think she's that tapped out nor in any way ready to play the legacy game. 

In a way, Rih gets to bask in the potency of her commercial performance with singles, Bey has the girls (and boys) in a headlock with tour gross, critical acclaim, and world stop moments. The latter isn't always measurable, but it's "the" thing that will always keep Bey a thorn in the girl's sides as it's not something that can be bought, sold, or promoted into existence. 

I'm excited to see how Bey continues to up the ante and essentially compete (because that's what she's doing until the point she goes the legacy route).

Convenient sounding perhaps, but I love that Bey all at once manages to tick box commercial expectations while simultaneously de-emphasizing it to ensure the validity of greatness isn't measured by the plaques she receives.

I like that you'll never be caught making a low effort post but do you not think this is veering into micro-analytical territory? 

I had to check out Rih's post out of curiosity. There's absolutely nothing shady about it. She has every right to bask in the glory of her accomplishments especially through the prism of hindsight since she hasn't been active musically in years. It's not like she does it in every other post either. 

Now I know that's not the crux of yours and some other posts here. Maybe I'm being cute, there's nothing eyebrow-raising for me about a dancer congratulating Rih. They're not "Bey's dancers", they're freelancers. There's no obligation for either party to ever work together again. Even if they did, there's no shade in showing love to other artists. These people are in the industry; stan mentality of 1 Queen, Everyone Else  = Peasant, is not going to cut it, unless they want to starve during eras and build a negative reputation. Now the Nicki associates that go out of their way to come for Bey deserve all the smoke but they're also aware they've shut that opportunity door forever. 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, jane said:

I cant believe she is on the best selling list with such price for the vinyls lol. That's why she will continue to do whatever she wants. In the end where it matters, the money is still being made and very well.

In a way, it is our fault her roll outs leave much to be desired. We must stop giving this woman our money until we get music videos and televised performances.

spacer.png

She knows her loyal fan base is enough to secure a successful first couple of weeks. She clearly don't give a damn about the maximum profits she can make off the GP as an era anymore (until it's time to tour)

47 minutes ago, Bey'Knight said:

I like that you'll never be caught making a low effort post but do you not think this is veering into micro-analytical territory? 

I had to check out Rih's post out of curiosity. There's absolutely nothing shady about it. She has every right to bask in the glory of her accomplishments especially through the prism of hindsight since she hasn't been active musically in years. It's not like she does it in every other post either. 

Now I know that's not the crux of yours and some other posts here. Maybe I'm being cute, there's nothing eyebrow-raising for me about a dancer congratulating Rih. They're not "Bey's dancers", they're freelancers. There's no obligation for either party to ever work together again. Even if they did, there's no shade in showing love to other artists. These people are in the industry; stan mentality of 1 Queen, Everyone Else  = Peasant, is not going to cut it, unless they want to starve during eras and build a negative reputation. Now the Nicki associates that go out of their way to come for Bey deserve all the smoke but they're also aware they've shut that opportunity door forever. 

Cbreezy micro-analytical? Never.

:suburban:

• Haha 1

I need RENAISSANCE movie on streaming ASAP. 

enough is enough! hag! drop the movie it's already done we already seen it!

:gayoncecat2:

• Like 2

Not some of you complaining about Rihanna celebrating her achievements. :ace: It's giving insecure and pathetic.

Beyonce released "Bow down *******", "Top 2 and I ain't number 2" and a ton of other braggadocious lyrics for the past decade but Rihanna saying "Ain't no back and forth" is a slight against Beyonce and an indicator of insecurity. 

Imagine thinking an artist's acknowledgement of 7 diamond singles and a new record is anything but a celebration of their music hitting a major milestone.

These 2 SUCCESSFUL women are not thinking about each other, meanwhile their fanbases are still fighting 20 years later. :deadbanana2:

And then to call the Navy anti-black when I just saw someone in here refer to Rihanna as a coconut girl. The jokes write themselves. 

There always has and always will be enough space for more than one Black female superstar. When Beyonce certifies her diamond singles, she will celebrate those achievements as she sees fit (publicly or privately).

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Bey'Knight said:

Possibly! I absolutely may be overthinking (not like Bey is giving us much else to do lol), but I also leave room for the potential that maybe just maybe Rih was clapping back at the "who's the top dog" debate chatter around her name and her peers (including Bey). It is...a thing.

I'm very much of the stance that these artists are not so above the fray when it comes to competitiveness and what the streets are saying n debating. Same goes for Bey. She wasn't howling Bow Down into the air lol. It was very much a targeted shot fired and whoever was howling was undoubtedly one of its targets (a hit dog will holler). I'm sure there was a lot of silent seething too.

So, again, it may have been a passive/aimless comment. And I must make clear that I'm not saying there is some kinda cold war between Rih and Bey, but iono if I legit believe it's nothing. The remark literally launches itself from the viewpoint of squashing the "who's top" discourse and raising Rih's hand. So, IMO, there's an awareness of context she has that is clear to see.

Spoiler

On a side, but arguably relevant note, I really find the mass revionist history when it comes to Rih interesting af. To the point it should be studied.

Her single success has always been her calling card but never was a "Queen" "top dog" metric...until the streaming era kicked in and the recurring streams seem to have elevaed her name and status. This despite we who lived those song releases in real-time remembering that such reverence wasn't given at the time. By contrast, Billie Jean was fawned over at the time of release and is still fawned over now. 

Seeing how her pop culture popularity (by way of non-musical ventures like her fashion, business slays, and hiatus) has somehow elevated her standing **in** music to Queen-like levels is fascinating. And I say this as someone who likes her.

The performances haven't gotten better, there's no new music to measure elevation/evolution, there's no world stop moments. In short (lol), nothing has really changed yet her status has changed to something way more premium on the mere merit of time x external ish.

• Like 1

I never noticed this before 

8 hours ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

8 hours ago, kimberly said:

I think it's the caption, the "ain't no back n forth" part. she's saying "the crown is mine and no one else's."

to which I'd respond, drop the music. you're cute for a throwback :gaycat5: her music career giving Queen Elizabeth II tea.

I can be pretty verbose, but y'all hit the nail on the head. 

People saying it's being pressed or childish are missing the point, there absolutely was context to what Rih was saying. Even if not a direct send.

And much like the Hive and Monsters go back and forth (so let's not pretend to be "above" the comparisons), a big part of my confusion around the Rihanna thing is the faux equality her fans apportion to her now. Popularity with her brands and recurrent streams really have them claiming dominance over Bey.

My main and continued point is that that doesn't make sense. One act has consistently pushed the envelope and dropped projects and made movements that earned a certain status, one has been inactive but is being forcibly elevated to being seen on the same or even superior level. It makes no sense. But Go Rih, I guess.

• Thanks 1

AI is getting crazier

Just ran across something called Black Guitar on TikTok, it's wild how realistic it is

I feel like I'm un-stanning Bey day-by-day. She has done this "self-sabatog" thing for so long, that I now think she is doing it because she doesn't want to completely outshine her raggedy husband. I just saw a list of the Top 10 biggest debut week sakes for Black female artists this century. Bey could have been #1 & #2 with Beyoncé and Lemonade. She purposely screws everything up. This last release has been so terrible. My only conclusion is that she doesnt want to hurt Jay-Z's feelings. Thats why she did that whack A*S album with him and thise tours. Even her RIAA certs. She's a obviously holding herself back to not outshine him. Call me crazy. I don't care.

I BLAME JAY-Z!!!

Posted (edited)

Just re-watched this for the first time in years and was in awe the entire time but then I just felt so sad at the end realizing this is Madonna at the same point in her carrer Beyonce was with Renaissance... how unfortunate it is that she doesn't have the drive and passion in her to do this kind of stuff anymore:noparty: Could've been a glorious chapter in her career

Edited by AxelFox
  • Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.