Beyoncé

Kisuke

58 minutes ago, Shone Ai said:

I’m talking about the fact that Isn’treal is still on the film website and her team still hasn’t said anything about it :rip:  If that **** is then it’ll be the end of the era for me, I can’t in go the theater. 

Some Israeli movie theaters have the movie listed

https://www.rav-hen.co.il/films/renaissance-a-film-by-beyonce/6188s2r

We will miss you sis :emofish:

• Haha 2

• Replies 111.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Devin

• ShouldersSideways

• Lose My Breath

• Mitsouko

that one hive page who made the whole “boycott the movie and send emails to parkwood" post a thing is begging for money to go to the premiere as we speak :deadbanana4:

all of this is classic performative twitter activism as usual, majority of that boycott crowd will be happily back at starbucks sipping chai lattes come next fall (if they even stopped going there irl to begin with) :suburban:

• Thanks 7

The impending discourse when the Jewish LVMH family shows up to the London premiere, lord help us. :bibliahh: 

It’s the way Bey has NEVER associated herself with #that conflict (which is older than Joe Biden btw), or any foreign conflict for that matter, yet now is being expected to become the face of Hamas resistance. 

Social media is not real. :rip: Next they’ll be asking why AMC/Trafalgar is active in Pakistan (it’s one of the territories listed on Bey’s site) while they’re ethnically cleansing Afghani refugees. They won’t let my auntie breathe. :doc:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shone Ai said:

I’m talking about the fact that Isn’treal is still on the film website and her team still hasn’t said anything about it :rip:  If that **** is then it’ll be the end of the era for me, I can’t in go the theater. 

Girl Israel is in, I’d try to refund that ticket asap. 

1 hour ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

hehe 

jlo-this-is-me-now-trailer-tgj-600x338.j

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAw

Ugh, this is the video i wanted to see the most. In my La La land, it was the last shot of a full out choreo sequence in AHAP. Sadly i’ll never know. :coffee2:

First off I want to preface by saying I don’t care if this shows or doesn’t show in Israel, and that the “outrage” is misguided since Tayble has showings there ad well, people really don’t care. HOWEVER, I would like to share this clip of Nina Simone who I’m sure Bey idolizes and takes notes from.

I think more than ever, especially an album that celebrates being free and being joyful people have every right to believe that this film should be boycotted from showing there. Let’s not pretend like Bey has never dabbled in political activism, it isn’t her job but she still does it in her performances and in her videos.

I don’t think it is the right thing to tell others to hush and stop complaining because you aren’t helping in this issue either, silence is a form of complacency and while our opinions are minuscule and don’t matter, I would rather it matter a little bit rather than saying nothing at all. 

This discussion should be a “agree to disagree” situation as there is validity on both sides. We can see that a lot of this out-cry is just performative activism and people actually don’t give af, but we shouldn’t silence people for voicing their disdain for a valid complaint. Beyonce is not a god who can magically reverse every problem in the world, but she has a voice, a powerful one at that and removing the film would speak volumes.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, SashaDevachelli said:

First off I want to preface by saying I don’t care if this shows or doesn’t show in Israel, and that the “outrage” is misguided since Tayble has showings there ad well, people really don’t care. HOWEVER, I would like to share this clip of Nina Simone who I’m sure Bey idolizes and takes notes from.

I think more than ever, especially an album that celebrates being free and being joyful people have every right to believe that this film should be boycotted from showing there. Let’s not pretend like Bey has never dabbled in political activism, it isn’t her job but she still does it in her performances and in her videos.

I don’t think it is the right thing to tell others to hush and stop complaining because you aren’t helping in this issue either, silence is a form of complacency and while our opinions are minuscule and don’t matter, I would rather it matter a little bit rather than saying nothing at all. 

This discussion should be a “agree to disagree” situation as there is validity on both sides. We can see that a lot of this out-cry is just performative activism and people actually don’t give af, but we shouldn’t silence people for voicing their disdain for a valid complaint. Beyonce is not a god who can magically reverse every problem in the world, but she has a voice, a powerful one at that and removing the film would speak volumes.

I agree to some extent.......however the end of the crisis is not dependent on beyonce saying "free palestine". 

Mind you, this conflict is old enough that we can see exactly where Nina was when she was active…

This from people who praise her for it 

This from people who condemn her for it.

Whatever side of the spectrum you fall on… the one thing people can’t say is that Bey has ever associated herself with Israel or the Israel/Palestine conflict in general.

So why can’t they just leave her alone? :katie:

• Like 3

Just now, Mitsouko said:

Cuts everything from her favorite album but keeps Floors And Oil and Wet Blanket Parade I-

ntm on F&A because she sang her ass off there

:khalyan2:

2 minutes ago, cloudbusting said:

ntm on F&A because she sang her ass off there

Okay? So did I. And both of our renditions can stay in the past

:khalyan:

7 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

This just cut my excitement level in half tbh

shameful decision

It could still be on streaming. 

7 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

This just cut my excitement level in half tbh

shameful decision

I personally don't care because 4/5 should've never been included on the setlist. If the big 3 and REN songs were cut I'd be annoyed. LOT deserved (sorta) but otherwise what are we truly missing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

2 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Okay? So did I. And both of our renditions can stay in the past

she needs to drop the director’s (un)cut i fear

:suburban:

• Like 1

Kinda funny how Bey is being the target for Israel. Meanwhile every other artist has performed there when she has not. Selective outrage as usual. The other movie getting no hate, like please. Also Bey fans set her up so much.

• Like 2

Just now, cloudbusting said:

she needs to drop the director’s (un)cut i fear

Yeah I'm still kinda fuming that we're not getting the complete show but whatever

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mitsouko said:

Yeah I'm still kinda fuming that we're not getting the complete show but whatever

gonna hold on to the delusional hope for a full live album but im not EXPECTING it

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

lets just face it, bey supports israel. she hasnt made any statement or shown support for palestine in any way, and she decided to let the movie show in israel even after the backlash. :emofish: 

The truth is that she and Jay-Z are capitalists who only care about their money and are picking no sides since they don’t care enough about it to speak up and especially aren’t gonna risk losing on potential profit from this movie…it’s rotted but the truth :coffee2:

they’d rather play the neutral card and turn a blind eye while they collect the shekels (pun intended):michael:

Edited by Bicassie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

She really cut songs that I fast forward while rewatching the tour. Just needed her to demolish Cuff It but that’s asking for too much. I won i fear. Let me book another viewing :hippo:

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

6 minutes ago, Shelter said:

Kinda funny how Bey is being the target for Israel. Meanwhile every other artist has performed there when she has not. Selective outrage as usual. The other movie getting no hate, like please. Also Bey fans set her up so much.

they always wait until Beyonce is involved to suddenly have outrage....no different than Dubai or Tiffany deal.

The black woman gets centered in all the conversation & is the made the example

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Shelter said:

That creature deserves all lashings cause of no visuals 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mitsouko said:

Cuts everything from her favorite album but keeps Floors And Oil and Wet Blanket Parade I-

You’re very raggedy for shading God Parade, I hope she sprinkled skunk spray in the parfum when you buy it

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Iyanla, Fix Me said:

I personally don't care because 4/5 should've never been included on the setlist. If the big 3 and REN songs were cut I'd be annoyed. LOT deserved (sorta) but otherwise what are we truly missing. 

i want to experience Beyonce the vocalist...not just dancing & pretty costumes and behind the scenes that idc about

5 vocal based songs cut...disasterous

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.